Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

OXO Good Grips Batter Bowl
Style Name: Batter Bowl|Change

on March 20, 2017
Not pleased. Handle broke quickly under light duty and so was rendered mostly useless. You can see a screw in there through the break. Assumed this would be a molded design not 2 pieces screwed together. Anyways I am shopping for a replacement that will be sturdier.
review image
16 people found this helpful
on November 15, 2017
I love this bowl. I had one for years and then ruined it when I used it to catch drips for a month and it yellowed. I immediately ordered a new one. It's so much lighter than dealing with glass, the quality of the material is delightfully smooth to the touch, and the pour spout, handle, and rubber bottom make it perfect for mixing or stirring. I liked it so much I bought two other sizes of OXO mixing bowls.
5 people found this helpful
on July 3, 2017
Who knew a batter bowl could be so exciting? My favorite melamine bowl broke - it was part of a set that was my mother's and I was very attached to it. Of the set, it was the size I used the most so I went looking for a replacement and saw this. The reviews were good and it looked to be the right size so I ordered it. It is exactly the right size and even stacks with the other bowls, but it is actually *better* than the bowl that broke. The handle is easier to grip and the pour spout is less drippy. I also think it would be difficult for my husband to break. ;) So in the end I guess he did me a favor by breaking the old one - I don't miss it at all!
4 people found this helpful
on September 7, 2016
I love OXO products as a rule but this bowl is giving me pause. I don't know if it's defective or just a design flaw. The bowl has 3 little rubber feet on the bottom. Two of them are rather prominent but the third one nearest the handle is shorter and flatter. This makes the bowl tilt back a little towards the handle and also makes it seem unstable, like it could easily tip. I called OXO and the representative couldn't tell me if this is the way it is meant to be or if I got a defective one. She didn't even know the bowl has feet. So, my choices are to send it back as defective and order another one to see what I get, or just send it back and be done with it. I guess I'll send it back and try again and then post the results here.
Update: I received the replacement bowl and I can now say that the flatter 3rd foot appears to be the way the bowl was designed. This causes the bowl to tilt back a bit so the contents won't be level which isn't a problem unless it's very full and then it could end up with some of the contents on the handle of the bowl. I have decided to keep the bowl because the quality seems good and I'm not so sure there's any problem with the lean. Hopefully it will also be stable. I would have preferred it if they designed it with the same three feet all around or no feet at all. Hence, I am leaving my review at 3 stars.
9 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2013
I have the 3 qt bowl, and I LOVE it. I love it so much I ordered the 5 quart bowl for when I bake in bigger batches.

But honestly, I still reach for the 3 qt bowl, and rarely use the 5 qt. My issue with the 5 qt is the shape. The sides are shorter than the 3 qt, so there is a lot more splashing and spilliage, especially if you're using a mixer. If were the same shape as the 3 qt but bigger, I'd love it. But because of the shape (it basically has a very flat bottom with short sides, while the 3 qt is a true bowl shape with a rounded bottom), I hardly use it.
19 people found this helpful
on April 19, 2014
My metal Farberware batter bowl finally was retired after the handle weld failed -- after almost 20 years! I have lots of other OXO stuff and thought I'd give this a try and have to say that I'm very pleased with my purchase. I use it at least once a week, on Sundays, for Pancake Day with the grandsons.

Generous size without being unwieldy
Love the non-slip handle and bottom
Appreciate the red measurement lines on the interior of the bowl
Cleans up nicely in the dishwasher (top rack, we don't use heat dry either)
Allows me to store my 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup inside it easily so I don't lose cabinet space

My only concern is one that I won't be able to confirm for (hopefully) a long, long time. I wonder how much batter whisking and stirring this item will be able to take without losing the interior measurement markings... I certainly wouldn't want to end up with little red flecks in food prepared using it. So I will keep my eye on that aspect.

But in the meantime, I really like this purchase and would recommend it to anyone!
5 people found this helpful
on October 17, 2017
Really like this Batter bowl. The handle fits nicely in your hand. The bottom doesn't slip. It pours well. But my favorite thing is how well the measures are marked inside the bowl so you can see what your volume is. Makes this not only a good batter bowl, but suitable for use handling other liquids when you need a bigger measuring cup.
2 people found this helpful
on June 5, 2018
I use this for soap making. It's a nice, hefty bowl with a pour spout (!!) and tab handle that won't break from the weight of the batter. (This must be a redesign because I saw a pic and some other reviews about a different kind of handle.) It should hold 10 pounds of soap but I haven't tried making that much batter in this container, although six pounds fits just fine with plenty of room left over. This bowl handy to store other items like smaller bowls and cups used in the soaping process. It's wider than it is tall, so it doesn't contribute to arm fatigue.
on November 7, 2016
love love these bowls, the handle is great for those with grip problems. I just wish Oxo made this one in larger sizes.

They have sets, but they just have a "lip" style handle and I cannot grip those

Good product - I've been using one for 6-7 years and love it, had a different brand that bit the dust after 20 yrs so had to replace and this was
only option with the non skid bottom and type of handle I need
2 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2013
This batter bowl is great for preparing my perfect pancakes. I’ve read reviews that complain that the bowl is not wide enough to accommodate a hand mixer, but the fact is that using a mixer to prepare pancake batter defeats the goal of thick, light IHOP-type pancakes. Over-mixing causes the moisture to combine with the gluten in the flour to form glue that prevents the gas (formed by the baking soda) from letting the pancakes rise as they cook. So stir as little as possible to just incorporate the ingredients. The dimensions of this bowl allow you to easily “fold” the batter into itself. In other words, lumpy is good. This bowl also facilitates using a ladle to transfer the batter to the griddle, or pouring the batter directly onto the griddle. It is an excellent kitchen tool. Highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful