Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Star Wars: The Old Republic - PC
Platform: PC|Edition: Standard|Change

on November 23, 2014
This game is absolutely amazing, by far the best MMO I have been a part of and I have played it for a few years, I found the elder game to be amazing and the pvp arenas to be intuitive and fun even doing it several hundred times. My only gripe is that the gear sets and items are typical and not "randomized" everyone works for the exact same gear sets *with minor variation.. say you might swap out two items since you only need so many to complete a set* Just so everyone can be "even" at the end.. while the stealth classes seem to be able to rule over the pvp matches roaming objectives like a giant fleet of stealth submarines.. The story is AMAZING, the full voice over will pull you in as if it were the good old days of KOTOR.. this is how you make a single player franchise into an MMO
on July 18, 2013
Tip for the premium subscriber: If you haven't bought the basic box set & then upgraded to digital deluxe, you should do so. The basic box is $9.99 & the digital deluxe upgrade (not same thing as preferred member) from the website if $4.99. Doing this extends your subscription (for me it did at least) & you get the deluxe freebies, all for the same price as a month subscription. Seems like a no-brainer.

You should also check out the price of the Star Wars: The Old Republic 60-Day Pre-paid Time Card from Amazon.

Storyline: Love it (at first). Cinematic cuts for NPC interaction are pretty nice. The first time you play it draws you in nicely. Of course when you create ALT characters & see the same story over again it's a drag, but then you can hit Space-Bar to fast-forward through the interaction.

PVE: Love it. Nice diverse collection of enemies. Fits the universe well.

Graphics: Mixed bag on this. Sort of cartoonish feel, but it does fit the MMO style from when it very first came out. I think it's getting left behind. I suppose all games have a lifecycle.

Controls: The controls are fairly standard when compared to other MMOs. You can use the keyboard & mouse together. A big bonus with the box set is the keyboard chart. There are a few keys I didn't know about until I got the box (like F1 & F2). The big missing piece when compared to other MMO controls is the activation of abilities with hot-keys. In SWOTR you only get to use key 1 through (equal sign) for abilities (Ctrl + some numbers for companion). Many other MMOs have additional hotkey bars that allow for key modifiers like ALT+1 through (equal) and Shift+ 1 through (equal). Currently you only get 12 hot keys when you'll need quite a bit more as the skill tree progresses.

Groups: The group finder is OK at best. In the rare times I've had the actual patience to wait 30 minutes or so to find compatible team members it has worked out fairly well. It just doesn't seem to be used very much. People are still shouting "looking for group...." Instead of using the tool. I don't know, still not quite there yet on this piece either.

PVP: Hate it. Something is just not quite right here (more like completely broken). The game lures you in to PVP with a bunch of missions. I really want to like it, but it's not quite there. I find the PVP zones either really fun about 5% of the time or a complete drag 95% of the time. I feel like this game would be better to dump PVP altogether.

Summary: Good topic, story, enemies. Fair graphics & control. Failure at PVP & Group. Not the holy grail. Probably 75% there. I'll play for a while, build up a character, get bored, & move on to the next MMO. Isn't that the typical pattern?
on December 3, 2013
Standard MMO but with starwar's skin. If you have played any major AAA title MMO in past 10 years you have played this game.
The uniqueness of the game lies in the story line for each class and nice voice acting. unfortunately story telling and development is about 1-2% of whole game play time per character rest is standard kill 10x space pigs, get 10x space suits, kill that elite space trooper/jedi.
on August 6, 2015
Now that I finally have Windows 7, I'm finally able to play this game. It's quite fun. Managed to become an 11th level Jedi Knight and I finally got to construct my lightsaber and leave Tython. May not be able to become a subscriber at this present time, but I should be able to do it next month, after I get my next check.
on September 24, 2015
Fun online game wouldn't recommend jumping into pvp first but really fun game
on November 25, 2012
Compared to most massive online multi-players, the progression in this game was very entertaining and well made. Once you reach the end game however, the content dulls fast. It makes a good single player game, but doesn't go beyond that. Also, for being a galactic civil war you spend more time playing ball with your opponents than battling them for galactic dominance. Someone missed the mark on the whole galactic civil war thing.
on September 7, 2015
With all the updates there is a lot of content in addition to the class stories. I can't say for a fact, but considering what the graphics looked like at launch, BW might have also done a graphic upgrade too. You can solo Heroics and Flashpoints with the right gear and level if that's your thing. Some of the strongholds (player housing) look pretty good. I'm also looking forward to Knights of the Fallen Empire this October :-) BW has done a good job on most of the class stories. All in all I think it's a pretty good MMO, If nothing else you can try the F2P for a couple of months to form your own opinion.
on December 3, 2014
My boyfriend and I just started playing this a couple weeks ago and we love it so far! We both used to play WoW way back in the day and couldn't justify paying the subscription fee to get back into it, so we decided to give the free-to-play version of this a shot. It was fun and reminded us of our WoW days. The only complaint I have about it is that they nickel and dime you every step of the way. It's constantly telling you that as a subscriber you could get this and you could get that. It's very limited as free-to-play. My boyfriend and I liked it so much though that we decided to purchase the actual discs at $6 for the included 30 day subscription to see if subscribing was worth it. I haven't completely decided if it's worth a $15/mo subscription, but I do like it a lot more now. If you don't mind subscribing, I'd say go for it. The gameplay is great and it actually has a really cool storyline.
on December 21, 2014
I will not go into a lengthy review about the game since most people would have researched the game before purchasing it. This is one of the best MMO's available at this time due to the continual updates that are being applied to the game by the developers. I have been playing this game since the launch and still have not gotten tired of playing it due to the updates. This game is well worth the money that I had paid for is since I had purchased this copy for a friend for Christmas. An internet connection and a good graphics card is needed to enjoy this game.
on January 25, 2017
Very addictive for a star wars fun. Gameplay a little frustrating when doing quests but missions are varied. Character creation is fun even though a little limited. A guilty pleasure for sure