Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

This is exactly what I wanted. Inexpensive and effective.

As another reviewer mentioned, it's odd that most of this is brushed metal, except for the "middle" part between the bottom and the cap. Not sure why they did this, it's odd, but doesn't detract from the usefulness.

I have used this a dozen times, no leaks at all.

Cleans out nice and easy. Even using fruit juices, it doesn't get sticky or smelly.

Can fit about enough for two nice size drinks.
on May 21, 2014
As an amateur bartender at the home bar (and at other's houses and parties), I've been through quite a few cocktail shakers. So far, after several nights of use and quite a few different types of drinks (including martinis and Cosmopolitans), I gotta say I think this is my favorite of all time.

Firstly, I like the size. It serves a group of four perfectly. I also like the shape and look. It's unique and comment-provoking. Very classy and modern-looking. I also like the functionality as the lid fits quite well, better than others I have used. It fits tight and the unit doesn't leak anywhere when shaking or pouring..

I've had a couple of shakers that are difficult to get apart to clean once the drink is dispensed but this one is easy.

One tip: After filling up the base with ice and liquid, don't put the top back on with the cap already in place as the pressure will force the liquid to come out from the top of the base. Put the top part on and then the cap. The cap fits so snugly that it doesn't let pressure out like other shakers do (especially if you have your finger on the cap as you are likely to do).

No problems with delivery time or condition of the shaker.

Note: I won't lower the star-rating for this but the plastic lid liner can come out of the lid, sticking to the top portion of the shaker. I still love the thing but they oughta fix that at some point.
on January 21, 2016
I wanted to give this shaker a good test before writing a review. Here is the readers digest condensed version of the review:
pros:
- looks great
- large enough for two servings at a time
- Does not leak

cons:
- Nothing I love this shaker

This shaker had good reviews so I figured I would give it a shot. I love the look and the feel of the shaker. The cap is easy to remove after shaking, and the tapered lid gives a very nice seal with no leaks during shaking. With some shakers the cap can leave a lot of the drink hanging around when you open before you pour, this ones not like that at all. Its more than large enough for mixing two servings of a drink. I have made quite a few sours and used it to shake egg whites with no issues of leaking so far. I would highly recommend this shaker and would buy again without hesitation.
on December 16, 2013
I got this about a year ago when I decided to start having friends over for cocktail parties on a regular basis. I'd never done much mixing before, so didn't really know what to look for; I just went off the reviews. I'm glad I did! If you're a beginner like me, go for it and you can have a lot of fun. This, plus your favorite booze and some basic, inexpensive supplies and you can entertain like a pro. Doing quick google searches for recipes makes EVERYONE an expert!

Pros:
- Seals well. I can imagine that a cheaper one might not, and that would be really messy. This shaker is machined very well so that the two main parts form a very snug tapper fit that really seals things in. The lid seals well, too.
- Ergonomic. You can one-hand this unless you've got really small hands, and the brushed finish provides a little grip, which is very useful. Remember that you have to hold it together as you shake, though! This is true with all shakers.
- Easy clean. A quick rinse between mixes is all it takes. It's also dishwasher safe when you're done for the night.
- Big enough. It has plenty of room for a couple of drinks and lots of ice if you're serving more than one or making doubles.

Cons:
- May result in hangovers and/or DUI's if you're not responsible with it! Drink responsibly.
on August 16, 2015
I do not understand how this shaker is getting good reviews. Has something changed in the manufacturing?
The description here doesn't mention that the middle section is polished steel while the cap and base have a brushed finish which makes it look shoddy.
The walls of the base are very thin, which means it gets frosty very quickly when shaking and thus uncomfortable to hold. Plus, the base seems to chill faster which makes a mediocre fit turn to a loose fit. The top slides into the base with no lip which makes it all very loose and easy to fall off when pouring.
The cap has a plastic insert with glue seeping out around the seam with the steel cap which has a jagged edge on it - like it wasn't filed smooth after being cut. I think this low quality cap is what turns this all steel shaker in to a "Hand washing recommended" item.
The whole thing feels like an unfinished prototype - poor fit and finish
on February 5, 2015
Key things about the shaker: it doesn't leak, it doesn't stick, it's good sized, it looks good. I've had half a dozen cocktail shakers and was always disappointed. The tops get stuck and they spill as you try to take the top off etc. This one is PERFECT. The very top has some sort of lining that makes it seal and remove easily. The middle top fits snugly inside the bottom part of the shaker forming a very good seal but is easy to remove even after I really press it together. This shaker is so well put together that you can confidently shake and shake your cocktails vigorously. This shaker is also a bit bigger than most which is a huge convenience. It's also elegant. It's the best shacker I've ever had and I'm very happy with it after using it 4 or 5 times.
on June 19, 2012
I just opened the box with this guy in it, and I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed.

Aesthetically it's quite nice. It would look good in any bar. Seal? Well, I just put some soapy water in it and shook it like mad, and there were no leaks. So, in it's most basic function and in it's looks, it's a well-made little shaker.

However, mine has some slight damage to the very bottom of the base which causes it to wobble around when place on a countertop. In other words, the base is not totally flat, so the thing can't quite steadily on its own.

Frankly, I only paid the extra money for this name brand shaker, rather than getting a cheaper one, because I didn't wanted to deal with manufacturing defects. So, I am ultimately quite disappointed. Although functional, I know that every time I look at this shaker from now on I'm going to think, "You know, they really shouldn't be sending out damaged products, no matter how minor the damage."

Anyways, in the end, it's a nice enough shaker, and it would normally be worth the money, were it not slightly damaged.
on October 1, 2015
I bought this product because it was highly rated by The Sweethome - "Best Barware for Making Cocktails at Home." The first time I used it, I thought I was just making a mess as a result of strong cocktails. The second time I used it, I knew I wasn't crazy and there actually was a leak but not from the top. The metal in the canister is so thin that the metal gets damaged quite easily. The one I received has 2 tiny punctures (like a snake bit into the metal) and there really is no way that I did that (and I can do a lot of damage.) Pretty bummed as I always do research before I purchase. I'll be sending back and I don't want a replacement model.
on October 19, 2013
The product pictured has been changed, and at least 2 out of the 3 components have been modified, leaving a product that looks somewhat similar to the pictured design but is not the same thing. The cap is a replacement that they added one that does not actually fit the top - they found a substitute cap that was too large, and put a plastic insert that makes it "fit" on the top. The bottom, I think, was also replaced as well, as the metal surfacing has a different finish to it from the middle-filter-section.

I would not have purchased this product had I known this was going to be essentially a frankenstein kit. It doesn't look terrible, but someone can easily see that this is not the pictured product. I just don't have enough time in my day to return the product at this point. Really disappointed though.
on July 6, 2012
Shaker is awesome. I just bought this and used it last night for the first time. After reading other reviews, I haven't had any of the issues that others have. All three pieces come apart easily, all three seal tight so there are no leaks, and it's the perfect size for making two drinks at a time. I actually like how the lower body is brushed stainless steel, the middle piece is polished, and the top is brushed. Really adds character. Great item for a pretty decent price. I read a lot of reviews and looked for a shaker in the stores and could not find one I liked. Very happy with this purchase.