Reading Is Fundamental Wish List Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 Beauty & Grooming Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on July 11, 2013
Gone is the "elite 500" and with good riddance. GenHydro is now including a single diaphram pump that is adjustable. ADJUSTABLE. This is great for the larger plants that have a thicker root system, as the grow chamber can flood sometimes if the drainage isn't optimal. (Avoid transplanting anything bigger than a quart sized pot into this bucket.)
The three part Flora series was included...they are the 8oz bottles, but that should be enough to run a full cycle with the bucket. (Having the entire line of supplements from GenHydro will GREATLY augment your results.)
Also included was enough hydroton to fill the bucket completely. Burying the drip ring in hydroton will minimize overspraying onto lower leaves and keeps the top layer of pellets dry. (And algae free.)
I have successfully grown 5ft tall perennials in this system. It has never leaked, and this particular purchase was my second WaterFarm. The first one is still in GREAT condition, and has been incredibly easy to maintain. The only thing to note is that changing the reservoir can get tricky if you have a large plant growing in the grow chamber. What I've found is the easiest, is to set the whole module on an inverted bucket. (Don't jam your plant into the lights, be careful.) I then pull the blue tube out of the ring, and twist it until it is at a downward angle. The water will pour out of the tube and into a (hopefully) ready bucket. To refill it, just return the blue tube to it's upright position, and pour your nutrient solution in through the top of the grow chamber. If your drip ring isn't buried, then you'll probably notice a little salt buildup. Wiping with a damp cloth or running FloraKleen once a week for a day or two will minimize this.
on January 24, 2015
Absolutely fantastic way to grow indoors or out!!!

So, I absolutely love gardening, but I SUCK at it. Whether it is overwatering or underwatering, I could just never seem to get it right, seriously, the only thing I ever successfully grew from seed to harvest was a lima bean sprout for elementary school. With this the goal is actually to have your grow medium constantly saturated, and the air pump provides aeration, so no more drowned plants! I wanted to wait till I had a great picture to post with this review, but I am so excited about this I had to write the review right away!

I literally just got back from confirming that the WaterFarm I put on our patio has sprouted buttercrunch lettuce from all three of the rockwool cubes that I put in!!!

This item is built extremely well, and I have no doubts it will be growing me some amazing veggies for years to come.

Now a little tip: a lot of gardeners will say not to add any nutrients when starting a seed, but the "Flora series" nutrients that come with this kit (which I also love) actually recommends adding nutrients, just much less than usual, and that is what I did. The lettuce is not leggy at all either, I just made sure 1 layer of clay pebble covered the rockwool, and the heads of lettuce sprouted just about 1/4 inch above the very top layer, and look perfect!

Side note: General Hydroponics is actually the granddaddy of consumer grade hydroponics products, and have been around since the 70's! I didn't know that at first, and I have no trouble at all believing it after using the products, these guys know what they are doing!!!
on January 12, 2014
The reserve only holds about 2 gallons. 2nd month of a tomato plant and the roots have taken atleast half a gallon space. i'm left feeding her atleast once a day. Its a great system. works like it was engineered to do. I still run 2 gallons in mine but the nutes sit all the way up in the hydroten. The extra work maintaining the water has made it very time demanding.
on December 21, 2016
Great design, but i went to the hardware store and built an even better hydro grower with places for 6 plants. Its by far superior and self contained. Go to lowes and build.your own. This is a great product if you dont have the know how, but if you are willing, then do a little research (google), then go to lowes and figure it out. It took me hours in the plumbing aisles, but i have an amazing hydro unit that wull house a lot of plants at the same time.
on April 20, 2015
The design works, however if you don't want the refiong of the reservoir to be a total pain, you must make adjustments. Drilling holes and installing valves etc.

I have two waterfarms and love them, after my own adjustments - one thing I will warn you of is that both orders did not come with a drip ring, had to send em both back to get that corrected, which is a total pain!

If it weren't for the adjustments and the incomplete orders I would have given this 5 stars.
on April 28, 2016
It's a bit odd at first, the ring either drips or spits out a bit of water, but all-in-all, this is perfect for a plant. Easy to check pH and nutes, as well as a tube on the outside to see the water level. Will probably update the review after I have had a complete cycle through this bad boy, but i'm already excited to see the outcome!
on October 7, 2016
I haven't used yet but it seems like it needs a stronger pump. I have set up one just to test to see how it works i don't think it's not pumping enough water to the plant. Wish me a greener thumb this time.
on November 13, 2013
Old faithful. I've tried the numerous alternatives and this is the one that requires the least amount of care and attention. It doesn't matter if the plants grow a little slower in it compared to the latest and greatest aeroponic system. It is quiet and reliable.
on October 23, 2012
The system seems decent. It held water and didn't leak. But, the air pump had a plastic part in it that was broken on arrival which resulted in it not functioning. Others have said it's a weak pump anyway and recommend a better one. I ordered a highly rated one for about $13 to replace it.
on August 23, 2013
you can grow anything with this system. i'm growing tomatoes with it and my plants are doing 100 times better than soil..

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.