Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on August 20, 2009
This tiny camera delivers as advertised, but you may not need it. I use it kayaking (touring, not whitewater), but I take along another camera for what I hope are better pictures. After you mount the camera, you have no control over what it sees. I set mine for a photo every 5 seconds; it can take slightly over 1900 shots in that mode. Because of the fixed position on the kayak, the boat motion, and some wobbling in the camera mount, many photos will not be in focus. If the interesting scenery is not where the camera is pointed, tough luck. You also have to be careful that you have started the camera with the setting you want, as there is no audible feedback nor any meaningful setting display on the lcd. However, with a little practice you should be able to get the setting you want, even though it would be quite helpful to have the camera give some feedback. Some of my photos come out well, particularly if the sun is in the proper position (bright sunshine can be a problem). I use Picasa to move the photos to my pc, and all of that works automatically. Just remember that moving nearly 2000 photos can take some time. Everybody says the camera eats the AAA batteries, so I change mine every 2-3 hours. The wide angle lens produces photos with the fishbowl effect at the edges, but you will probably always crop that out anyway. You will need a mount for it, and I advise a tether as well (I use a paddle leash).
on March 20, 2009
I've been using this camera for scooter ride videos and it works great. Accidentally got the surf one, but modified the mounts to fit, one on my helmet and on the air filter box pointing backwards. Both angles make a cool video, but the one actually attached to the bike can get a little distorted due to engine vibration. It takes cool wide angle still photos too, looks almost like a fish-eye lens. Only problem I have is it makes everything look farther away than it is, so it takes some getting used to. Haven't tried taking pictures underwater yet, but it is definitely waterproof. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with this product.

After using the camera for a couple years I would like to add that the underwater photos and videos turn out great as well. I live on the Gulf of Mexico so I have taken it to the beach many times. I've only had it about 6-7 feet deep but no leaks, rinsed it afterward to keep salt from messing anything up. I took it to a water park and got some awesome pics and videos but unfortunately dropped it on the concrete on the corner of the clasp and the clasp broke. This was not the first time I had dropped it so the case is very durable, but the plastic clasp isn't. Nothing happened to the camera and actually the case is still water tight if I hold it together. I've seen someone who made some little wire replacement clasps, but didn't end up buying one.

I actually ended up buying an Olympus Tough TG-1 since it had a higher resolution and the one thing that the Hero didn't have that was bugging me - A DISPLAY SCREEN! That's why I gave the Hero 4 stars instead of 5, because you never know if the shot came out until you bring it home and plug it into your computer. I will say the Olympus is quite a bit bigger and WAY HEAVIER which is bad if you're using it on a boat or in deep water where if you drop it it'll sink and it's gone forever. It's hard to compare the two since the TG-1 has a lot more features and much higher resolution but also costs a ton more. The GoPro has new higher megapixel versions as well but I haven't tried them.

For what its worth I think the Hero takes slightly better underwater photos/videos because of how it adapts to light situations, also the domed lens helps to keep water droplets off. Sometimes I like the semi-fish-eye style photos the wide angle lens produces and sometimes I wish it didn't have it but most of the time it doesn't bother me. Either way, the Hero is an excellent camera for the price!
on September 16, 2010
Well since the return policy is that items can only be in unopened condition...I guess the fact that the camera hasn't worked properly since the minute I assembled the case around the camera I guess I have just bought myself a $[...] piece of crap! The power button on the camera case doesn't fully press in all the way, so you have to turn it on and then figure out a way to get it into the case without having the SD card fall out since there is nothing to keep it in. Needless to say just getting the package open was a mission in itself, so being able to return it will be impossible. It was like Fort Knox with no exaggeration! Hopefully I can figure out some way to get the button to work? Hopefully the SD card isn't going to continue to be an issue? And I might actually take a picture with it before I throw it away!
on November 12, 2010
I bought this for my husband for his birthday and he loves it! He surfs Lake Michigan and uses it everytime he goes out! I takes great pics and video. This only thing was it didnt come with a sd card. But luckly I had already had one.
on July 8, 2013
Totally recomend this products, Go Pro cameras are the best !, look for a newer model, for sure you are going to love it!
on August 1, 2014
Great gadget to have for watercrafts
on September 24, 2010
Buy energizer ultimate lithium batteries! Using these, I have not experienced the problems with the batteries that it seems others have. Fun camera!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.