Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Olive Drab Marine Corp Style Quick Release Pistol Belt
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on May 13, 2011
I was unsure about ordering Rothco Brand since they are mostly produced in China. I had seen LOTS OF Negative FEEDBACK for Riot Threads so went ahead and ordered Rothco Pistol Belt. Good Quality & thick Nylon Belt with metal grommets, adjustable length from both ends with snaps to secure inner belt so nothing sags or shows if your are skinny, haha. Easily and quickly adjusts to your waist width, even over Hunting Jacket or Bulky Clothes. I use this in addition with LC-2 H-Suspenders, hooks on 2 holes up front and 2 in the back. Helps distribute the load for Canteens, Butt Pack & additional ALICE clip type carriers. Quick plastic snap buckle for QUICK On & Off action. Galati Gear Brand may be a little bit better quality, but plan to order a Galati Gear Brand Belt as well for another family member. Good buy though. Definitely not a costume piece! Made for real outdoor work & use! Would Glady buy more Rothco Products! 4 stars only because Galati Gear has a 1 size fits ALL type belt making it MORE Versitile than just Medium Size up to 40 Inch Waist. I also want a 2nd belt that can fit over Winter Hunting Jackets and Gear.
on May 30, 2010
Oddly enough, my ancient pistol belt will not fit. Must have shrunk. This new XL belt fits, and is of first quality. No compromises in its construction or components. All pistol-belt equipment can be attached. Snap it on, and you have at hand everything you will wish you had when uncertainty calls.
on February 3, 2015
I have the original web belt from the U.S but it hasn't fit right so i decided to take a chance on Rothco products and bought
this one from them. Here's my review
Pro
1.good quality polyester, not going to tear anytime soon.
2.good snaps and okay quality metal,
3.some what better then the original issue due to the flexible polyester.
4.fits my LC-1 suspenders nicely.
cons
1. i had a feeling sizes were going to be issue [ALL ROTHCO PRODUCTS ARE NOT PRECISE]
.so i ordered a XL when i only need a large and fits just right. so if buying this product, size up, you can always cut any loose belt you want or adjust it easily but if its too small your gonna feel ripped off.

recommend if your a hunter, shooter, prepper or just a common joe,
this belt will suit you NICE!
This Pistol Belt is overall good quality and very functional as a means to carry my various camping pouches and canteen. We bought two of the "Large" size belts, for me (44" waist) and my son (40" waist), and they both fit fine. Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Well Made; generally good material and construction with metal grommets, snaps, and size adjusters, but does have a plastic buckle (see "Cons", below)
+ Convenient; worn over regular clothing, this allows gear to be quickly put on or removed while hiking or camping
+ Good Value; while "value" is a subjective concept, I think this is a good deal

Cons -
- The quick release buckle is made of plastic, but I am not overly concerned that it will fail with the light loads we will be carrying

Glad to have found this useful belt at a reasonable price.

Recommended!

CFH
on May 14, 2013
I purchased this belt from Amazon after the metal clips failed on my old WW ll style belt...this new nylon-web-belt is EXCELLENT and it took me all of 5 minutes to attach my canteen/first aid kit/pistol holster/ and everything fit fine!! The new plastic quick-release buckle works well..and I am back ready to take my 22 month GSD Pup hiking again in the "OUT-BACK-HIGH-DESERT" of S/Arizona
on February 27, 2013
Franky, the pistol belt included with the UTG set is barely functional for the purpose of holding up your leg rigs. Don't ask more of it than that task and maybe the odd light pouch here or there.

Now, when you add a more proper pistol belt, such as this one, you can really start adding the gear without much in the way of concern. On mine, I have the two leg platforms (right side is pistol and medkit, left side is dump pouch and pistol mags). I also have a ring for a Maglite Flashlight (which has other uses), and I have two Rothco two-pocket ammo pouches for bolt-action rifle chargers or other miscellaneous gear. This is supported by the retention grommets on the bottom of my vest, so it does not fall off my waist while I'm moving about. Of course, I can also attach a set of Tactical Suspenders if needed, so I have some pretty solid options for use. I am thinking about getting myself a GI-issue Butt pack to carry more supplies, such as survival kit or water.

Best part of this is the price -- $10 for a good and solid pistol belt. Hard to beat. If you're serious about getting serious on your gear for upcoming unrest or other problems, you will need a solid belt for leg rigs or holsters. This is a good starting place without having to shell out $60+ for LEO heavy leather belts or similar.
on November 20, 2012
First off I would like to start by saying that the shipping on this item took forever. I had placed 3 other orders through Amazon after this one and received all of them at least 4 days before this one came. Secondly, I was very disappointed to find when I did receive the item that the text " Marine Corp style " had been extremely over exaggerated. the clasp is made of cheap plastic that feels like it would break under any type of load other than a toy pistol and the material it was made from does not even compare to the type the Marines or army uses. On top of that the steel adjustment clamps were made of an inferior steel. you would be much better off going to an army surplus store and picking one up yourself. This is my first and last rothco product.
on January 8, 2015
Imagine searching hours to finally find web gear belt that would fit my Godzilla sized belly with several adjustable inches to spare!
Imagine waiting over a week to get it, and when you do, it's gorgeously made, you extend it out to maximum length…it won't fit! But it says right there on the buckle, "XL, 58", Made in KOREA"
Either Korea can't measure, this one's defective, or perhaps it was measured before it was assembled. IT AINT NO 58 INCHES!!! It's only a 50 as near as I can measure it alone. It cannot be expanded more due to it's design. You may be able to go 50.5 (see pics)
Now the return & refund hassle. And continue my quest for the legendary Godzilla/Kong web belt!
On top all that, down there where it says add photo, it means add a Amazon pic.
Had to give one star, nice made, looks ok, just the False advertising.
on September 27, 2014
Figured too good to be true & was right. Isn't even near MilSpec. I believe this is more of a costume type belt for some zombie movie than a piece of working gear. Made in Korea. Plastic (not Nylon) buckle, web grommets showed fraying right from package. Webbing material even feels "limp" wristed. Keepers are more for preventing the belt ends from flapping around in the wind. I won't trust this as a belt for even my junker 1911. Save your money & get a true GI belt.
on July 28, 2015
Quality is not quite what I was expecting. I have owned similar belts in the past and they were fairly rigid, but the webbing used for this belt was very flexible. I also needed to melt the ends of the webbing to prevent unraveling and there were many places where I had to melt frayed material where the eyelets are installed. The metal hardware seems a little flimsy as well, but the buckle is secure. Not bad overall considering the price, but not what I was expecting and needed.