Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on June 17, 2010
I actually just lost my camera :( and after reading up on other cameras out there, I will be buying the exact same one. The pictures are very clear, the color is nice, battery life is really good, extremely portable, and the videos are pretty good. I read a professional review somewhere that said that if you take a lot of pictures indoors that this camera was not for you. Well, I am no professional but I have taken a LOT of indoor pictures & they all turned out great. In fact, my husband is in Afghanistan for the next year so I have literally taken 100s of pictures of my son over the past 5 months & I have absolutely LOVED the picture quality indoor & out.

My one complaint is that picture-to-picture time is a little slow (meaning that you take one picture & it takes a minute to let you shoot another). I also enjoyed the mode where the camera kept shooting as long as you held down the button (so when you flip through the pictures it's like watching a slow-mo video - this allows you to get every single shot), but picture quality was not as good in that mode. I've looked into other cameras in this price range & slightly higher but MANY reviews say that the picture quality is lacking. Even with my few complaints about this camera, picture quality is great & that is why I will be buying it again.

I am obviously not a professional, or even close to it, just an average person looking for an easy to use camera with good picture quality. But if you are a professional or someone who really dabbles in photography, you should probably be getting a more expensive camera anyway. For an average joe, and for what you pay, this is an excellent camera!
on December 10, 2009
Somebody told me, Olympus has a great camera with great finishing result. This was the advice but i have to choose my own.
I want camera that have a great features but at affordable prise. I searched too many camera for as per my requirement. and I got this camera's webpage.
At first, prise was high, but after sometimes it suddenly dropped. Its panorama feature is totally awesome. and i decided to purchase Olympus stylus 7000.
And I'm really satisfied with it. It is light-weighed and has Good battery, nice effects. these all are good things about that.
Now there is just one bad thing that i have experienced is after taking photo, you have to wait sometime to take another.
otherwise its easy to use. and recommended by me.
on May 19, 2011
This is my third Olympus camera. First one chewed by new puppy, second one dropped and really destroyed. This one has lots of features I probably will not use but I am very happy with the features I do use. The 'Beauty' feature is something else, erasing wrinkles. Everyone I have showed this feature to have taken down the name of the camera. I think that would sell the camera alone. Now if it could also take 10 pounds of the subject ........
The only thing I don't like about all three cameras are how cheaply made they seem to be. But, that seems to be the problem with whatever brand you buy.
In all I would recommend this camera and already have.
on April 8, 2010
I just bought this camera to replace a camera that was stolen, and have to say that Olympus definitely makes the best cameras. Though many friends and family members have problems with difficult to program and use cameras, I have never had a problem with mine. This camera is lightweight, pretty, and takes an amazingly clear picture. The controls are easy to figure out and I like the software that comes with the camera.

The only negatives are you need to buy a memory card separately and the buttons are not made for large fingered people.
on November 18, 2010
This is my second Olympus camera and it is fantastic. The display is huge and the pictures are very high quality for the price. My only regret is the lag time between being able to take pictures. It isn't very "quick on the draw" but if that is its only imperfection then I am ok with it!
on August 29, 2015
I got it, what more do you want.
on September 11, 2009
Love the resolution, hate the placement of the picture mode wheel. Love the large screen, hate the somewhat sticky delete mode.
on May 14, 2013
The camera was a gift that was given to a friend who was healing. It was a good price and exactly what I ordered. Thank you!
on December 26, 2009
I have always liked Olympus cameras, but this one is great. I especially like the beauty feature. It automatically beautifies your image. The camera is great and it is a good deal.
on December 12, 2009
This camera has so many settings its hard to know where to begin. I guess I will figure it out eventually. It does not feel overly sturdy. After a week it makes a funny sound when the lens goes in and out. Time will tell