Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 44 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on July 27, 2009
Samsung 2233SW
Pros:
Very clear sharp display, No dead pixels, easy to set up. [...]
Cons:
Slight picture flicker at 1920x1080 (Stable at 1680x1050), only 60 Hertz supported (May be video card: Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT)
Controls on side of monitor: to view you must turn monitor and have a bright light source.
Other:
Previously reported problem with the base assembly must have been corrected by Samsung, the base is now attached from the factory, (Monitor Manufacture's date: June 2009)
The web site indicates a 15000:1 Dynamic Control; mine is marked as 50000:1.
Side control problem bypass: copy & print expanded button display from downloaded manual; tape to front side display frame; use as guide next to each button.
I selected monitor because of recent experience with Samsung's help desk & repair staff.
TV 2 mos & 3 weeks past warranty, after talking to support (USA); registering online extended warranty 3 mos;
fixed 2 days later in home: no charge.
on July 20, 2009
I am very partial towards Samsung monitors in general. They are simply quality products. Sure, there are others that are less expensive, but not with the specs of the 2233SW and not with the brand name of Samsung behind it.

I learned long ago that one of the most important key features with any monitor is the dot pitch - the lower, the better. In general, monitors have pitch ratios at 0.28 and higher - this produces a less crisp image and text. Some of the better LCDs out there are at 0.27 and a couple at 0.26. The 2233SW blows them all away with 0.248 - this is unheard of. When you hook it up for the first time with the optimal settings, you'll have an ear-to-ear smile - the picture is that good...even using the VGA connector.

For the price Amazon is offering this monitor, and the current Samsung rebate, you cannot beat it. Others which are not as good cost more - even before the rebate. I purchased two, shipped/arrived quickly, no bad pixels, I've used them with both the VGA and DVI connectors. As with every other Samsung monitor I've owned, this one is no different - extremely impressive.
on December 31, 2009
I used to be a techogeek but no more. I am now just a regular user of computer products, therefore I am no expert on what makes a flat panel monitor better than any other. This one is really really nice. Some say it has faster response time but I don't notice anything which indicates my system runs any faster. What I do notice though is that for a nice price, I was able to get a huge monitor which plugged right up to my PC and I was able to start using it right away. I have low vision and this product suited my needs as well, nice and bright and everything is visible. I was also able to hook it up to my CCTV (A camera device I use to read) and it worked right out of the box. It has digital and analog modes so you can run both things on the same monitor provided one device has a digital connection andone is standard VGA.

Some users indicated difficulty in assembly but it was, for me, no more difficult than attaching a camera to a tripod.

I found it easy to assemble and ready to use right out of the box

It looks great

Dual mode is available and works great

Great loking screen and works well with games

Great Price
on May 23, 2010
This is a very nice monitor with high quality features. I've had this monitor for a couple months now and I am extremely pleased with the wide screen that this monitor has. Viewing multiple applications is a breeze. This monitor has a 21.5 inch viewing. It also has 1080 full high definition resolution which means that I am able to see more applications at one time. The picture is extremely clear. The colors contrast is brilliant and bright. I can also open multiple applications and set them side-by-side and when viewing pictures and video I am able to see more of the picture using this 21.5 Samsung high-definition widescreen monitor. This monitor is stylish with a shiny black polished frame. It is slim which allows you to have more room on your desktop. The monitor sits on a polished black glass stand. It also tilts backwards and forwards for easy viewing. The function buttons are located on the side of the monitor. The monitor is very durable and sturdy. Overall this is a middle of the road monitor with a high end function. The quality is great and the price was reasonable.
on January 24, 2010
This is a really nice monitor, and the price is right ....But not for Macintosh computers.
Easy setup, worked right away, sharp images, etc.
However, I found the screen a bit too bright. So I tried to adjust, but none of the monitor buttons would work; only the power button. So I searched and found I could download "Magictune for Mac" I did, but unfortunately it only works up to OS 10.5.7 on Powermacs and I have an older Mac updated to 10.5.8. (So this means that I get a Java error every time I try to launch it.) I emailed Samsung tech support and got a somewhat generic reply that Samsung supports Macs with Magictune and a link to the download page. Obviously my correspondent had not even read that I HAD downloaded Magictune and that it didn't work. (They also say on their website that Intel Macs are not supported, but I don't have experience with that.)
So I'm getting used to the brightness of the screen, and can't make any adjustments. As nice as it is I'm considering the hassle of returning it...
on April 12, 2010
First I would like to say that I am a total IDIOT. I bought two of these for my quad screen set up to compliment my two Syncmaster 2333HD 23" LCD monitors because I THOUGHT that those had costed me 300$ each and I figured I wanted to save 200$. Funny part is AFTER I recieve them do I notice the 2333HDs are the same price. Granted I don't have the room either way on my desk to fit them but still.

ANYWAY on to the actual review. I felt bummed that I could of gotten 23"s instead of 21.5"s and use HDMI instead of DVI but after my purchase, I find the 2233's are actually equal if not suporior to my 2333HD's in the fact that the 2233 dynamic contract is just that. Dynamic. Granted the brightness is rather agressive the colors are much more vivid on these than my 2333s. Comes down to this, Quality : 2233s / Size : 2333HDs
on August 8, 2009
I told myself that when it came time to buy a new monitor that I would not buy one without having seen it first. But the price on this one was good, the user reviews were good to excellent (except a few people who seemed to have trouble putting the stand together: Problem fixed apparently because it took me all of 30 seconds to put it on) and I have had nothing but good luck with Samsung.

Connecting the monitor was a breeze and Windows XP recognized it right away even without the CD. Once I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 my jaw hit the floor: This is the sharpest picture I have ever seen on a computer monitor. Very very satisfied with the whole experience. Highly recommended!
on March 17, 2010
Straight out the box the aesthetics of this monitor look great. The stand took a total of 5 seconds to screw in and once the monitor was powered up it automatically displayed in 1080p. Just make sure your computer is up to date and your graphics card can handle HD resolutions and you'll be fine. The stand stability is normal, neither stiff nor loose. It provides tilt which is easy to adjust. The screen is bright enough, colors are great, and everything is nice and crisp - no dead pixels at all. I've only recently got this monitor but I'm not worried at all about it's reliability. I already own a Samsung 26" LCD HDTV and a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD HDTV and have had both for roughtly 1-2 years already without any problems at all. You really can't go wrong with their products and this monitor reinstates my love for Samsung products.
review image review image review image
on April 9, 2010
Have been using the monitor for a few weeks now, and it has performed very well. Great colors, sharpness and size. I am very glad that the auto mode for screen size conforms to my older computer, so that my artwork is presented at the exact undistorted size, and not stretched out horizontally. This monitor works equally well with a newer computer.

Quick shipping, arriving well padded and in very good condition. To solve the "tightness problem" of attaching the base to the monitor, I simply backed off the metal screw in the base so that it was flush with the surface of the plastic housing that married with the monitor. Inserting the base and attaching with the metal screw worked easily the first time.

Just plugged it in and it worked fine, didn't have to do anything extra. Nice.

I want another one for my other computer........soon, I hope!
on September 7, 2009
Excellent flat screen computer monitor for the price. I didn't really want anything larger because my desk is only so wide and this monitor fit the bill just perfectly. Also, this monitor is 1080P capable just in case I decide to go the HD route with my computer. Also, Samsung is a solid electronics manufacturer.