BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 26, 2017
Great for keeping excess cold to top off martini at table.
on June 12, 2012
I saw a shaker similar to this one at Bed Bath and Beyond and I was hopeful that I could get one on Amazon slightly cheaper. Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed. I just started using it recently and not only does the flip top leak when you shake it, it also melted in the dishwasher. The packaging clearly says "dishwasher safe" and I pulled it out of the dishwasher yesterday and it was in a melted heap of plastic. This product is not worth the money so DO NOT buy this. I want a refund, point blank.
review image review image
on August 15, 2017
Have always used.... love it
on May 16, 2013
as much as i love cocktails, there are several problems with this shaker.
-the flip top strainer gets clogged when emptying the shaker, so only a trickle of cocktail comes out.
-as a result, it takes a while to fill up your glass
-once it's clogged, it becomes very difficult to clean. i had cucumber/lime/mint particles still stuck in there after three cleanings.

good idea, poor execution
on November 29, 2010
Just to be clear - the seller was great. I got the product in record time, and it was as described. My problem is with the product itself. 1st - it is PLASTIC, not metal and although the product packaging says dishwasher-safe, I washed it that night after using it (soap and water handwashed first) and the bottom popped out so it doesn't stand level anymore.

I called Metrokane twice, and still haven't received a call back.

Bottom line - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
on September 15, 2013
I had the stainless metal version of this shaker and love it. I wanted on for a gift and thought it was metal but red versus stainless. As it turned out it is plastic and worse than that it was was warped. I requested a refund and the response was immediate and the service was great. I received a full refund including return shipping. Great supplier, poor shaker.
on June 13, 2016
Shipping was fast! The description says that is double walled but it is still very cheap feeling, but most of all the lid leaks when you shake it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2009
I bought this gun metal grey shaker as a gift for my husband to be a companion to his other Metrokane Houdini shaker. I assumed that this shaker would be identical to his other shaker, but it is not a nice insulated metal--just plastic. The top is not made as well, either. The bottom went through the dishwasher once and came out warped and unusable.
on April 23, 2010
Got it in the mail, opened it & after seeing the quality of this thing I printed out a return form pronto.

Pros: The design is cool. I tried it out and it does not leak contrary to what many people post, as long as it clicks you are good. It is great that the top is one piece, so nothing will get lost.

Cons: Its way overpriced for a plastic shaker. Save your time & money. Get something else instead.
on July 20, 2010
I bought this because we have other items from Metrokane and have liked them very much. But this item is a total disappointment. A small part is my fault. I read about the stainless steel version and saw this color and assumed it was also steel. Cheap plastic is what we got.

As a couple who love an evening cocktail, this unit has many failures:

1) Most importantly, it is NOT dishwasher safe! Despite what the description says. We washed this once in the top rack and it distorted terribly. It still seals, but barely, the capacity is noticeably less, and the bottom is now rounded...which means it can't stand up on the counter. Making it pretty much worthless. NOTE: we also wash the cheap gladware containers in our top rack...they don't distort at all.
2) Before we put it in the dishwasher, I had made several drinks with it. After the first drink, it sprayed water/drink everywhere when mixing. The top is made such that there is a rim between the flip mechanism and the outer rim. This is a deep crevice that holds liquid. In pouring one drink and emptying the ice for another, the crevice still holds liquid. So when I start to shake the second drink, liquid sprays from the top. It's not leaking, it's just leftover liquid from the previous drink or cleaning. But it means you have to shake your drink while in the shower or outside with a raincoat to not worry about the spray.
3) [professional drinkers only] This may be a small point for most. But a big one for us. We like our drinks COLD and with little ice crystals on the surface after they are poured. This is easy with metal shaker where you can really get the ice and shaker to mix things up. But it doesn't work at all in a cheap plastic container like this Metrokane. Even though I *could* still use our dishwasher distorted canister, I won't. Cocktail shakers should never be made out of plastic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question