Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on April 23, 2016
In original package Sanyo HD 2000 was old model Sanyo HD 1010. Scam
Amazon return money
I'm living in San Francisco, what a touristic and magnificent city, and this small camcorder has great specifications for making quicly awesome shots of events and places. In despite of the non USA video frame standard (it's PAL instead NTSC for us), watching my videos and records is allowed to me and everyone since I convert the frame frequence of my record video files into the one which is supported in USA : any current videoedit software can do it (I use Vegas which is great). So, I suggest you greatly to equip yourself this gem / Swiss Army Knife of cameras, there is no equivalent to the American market at this price (especially with the auxiliary microphone input) !
on June 4, 2009
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD2000EUB that was purchased from Wall Street Photo on Amazon is NOT a USA model. I was alerted to this when looking for a filter from another big photo/video store. When I called they said that EUB is designation is "European Union - Black". This is not designated on any of this page product information other then the model number. Don't be tricked by this being a true USA model - it's not. I have contacted Wall Street Photo to determine what the deal is and why my product does not have any warranty in the box. I will hope that they extend this issue and offer me a 3rd party full coverage warranty, such as Mack or RepairMaster. I am disappointed with the misleading information.
But on a better note. I absolutely love the HD2000 camera. The quality is astonishing, and for 700 bucks (even though it's not a USA warranty) the performance is awesome. Be sure to get a 40.5mm UV protection filter for the lens!
on February 12, 2010
I am a new owner of the Sanyo VPC-HD2000. I think it's an excellent camcorder. Here's my remarks:

The low light performance of this camcorder is "Wow". I did research before buying and according to camcorderinfo, this is the best value of 2009. I have no regrets by far. The image quality is high definition.

The battery life is about 200 minutes and the time remaining before you have to recharge appears on the screen for your convenience.

Either you buy it from Hong Kong or North America doesn't matter. There's plenty of languages you can set from menu: English, Francais, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Nederlands, Russian, Portuguès, Türkçe, and what appears to be Hebrew and 3 asian languages, probably Japanese, Chinese and Traditional chinese (but I am no expert of these last 4)

There's a TV OUTPUT menu where you choose either PAL or NTSC; 4:3 or 16:9; 1080p 720p 1080i or 480p.

A surprise for me is that you can edit your video directly from the camcorder menu, you can join or cut parts of what you recorded.

There's a very little remote to access the docking station from distance. Everything works well. I think this camcorder looks good. It is not heavy.

So this is it for now, I don't think this can be beat at this price. Bigger and more costly camcorders requires more light to provide quality image in low light condition. So the HD2000 is probably the best for everyday use: travel, party, youtube, ect...
on June 15, 2009
Please be aware that this is not the US compatible model. I am not rating the performance of the camcorder. As a matter of fact, I think, for the money spent, it's a good and true HD model, but because it's EU based model, you won't be able to do any playbacks on SD or full HDTV models in the US. I didnt buy the model from the above mentioned vendor, but I owned (just returned) same EUB model bought in Europe and made several clips in all definitions (full range from SD to full 1080p HD) and went to BestBuy to do playback and was not able to do it. Yes, you can manipulate and do playback clips (even 1080p) on the computer (the more power the better playback) but if you want to enjoy HDTV playback at your convenience, wait for the US based model. By the way, Sanyo is not posting the official date of the US release. It's a shame, b/c there are few web based vendors who are not giving all the information about EU or HK based models they are trying to sell as US compatible camcorders (without proper warranty). Before you spend $600-700, wait for Sanyo official model in the US.
on January 21, 2010
No help from sanyo either because I was an early adopter (I ordered one from Honk Kong for $600). But that is not surprising. What does surprise me is a camera only lasting 4 months, now its going to cost even more money to fix this defective camera.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.