BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 12, 2012
This is a very nice Camcorder, but definitely not in this price range, for some reason at the end of 2011 the Black & Dark Blue models took off & some doubled in price, I bought a black one here for $29.95 in September & 1 month later they went up double that on here, so I sold mine for $58
Now the only ones that are $29 are the ones that are black on 1 side & pink on the other.
Anyway these are good little cams, many here say they have bad sound, I have owned 3 of these so far and for Ghosthunting the sound they pick up have been excellent, the video is good & no Cam with night vision is worth much without an IR light, you can walk down a dark street & use the night vision mode & see several feet around you.
Also it has no Tripod connections, so I bought an IP4 holder for $13 online used a piece of Velcro to hold it in place an the holder has a Tripod screw, now it screws in fine, then I added a Barska pistol camera Hand grip for $11 and connected it to the Iphone holder & I have a very nice little setup to carry this thing around with and the pistol grip has another tripod screw on the bottom of it, so I can attach the whole setup to a Tripod.

So if you get a Pink & Black one for $29.95 shipping included brand new, you have a deal on this thing, but I would never pay over $40 for one then your getting into the area of it not being worth the money & you may as well go buy a 30gb Sony Handheld Cam with Night Spot, those are excellent & can be bought here for $170 used like new.

But at this price, definitely not worth it for the Vivitar, only under $40
on February 17, 2014
I was looking for a camcorder with built-in IR LED's, for Ghost Hunting with Calif/Ghosts of Rohnert Park. Before I found this little camera, I could only find camcorders that had a setting for Night-Vision, but you had to buy an IR Illuminator to use with the camera.
The camera works on four AAA batteries, and does last about an hour with regular Alkaline Batteries. If you use 1800 mAh, you get about 11/2-2 hours battery life. I just got some 3500 mAh rechargable batteries, which should give you about three+ hours.
When you are in really dark areas, just three LED's come on, and when you are in Pitch-Blackness, all six IR LED's come on, and they shine up to about 20 feet. I bought a SIMA 36 Infrared LED unit, which was about $36.00, and has a Lithium-Ion battery with charger, or can be used on 120 volts.
This unit I tried with the camcorder, and it shines up to 75 feet.
In daylight, 5the camcorder records in Color; while in night vision, it is in black and white.
on July 10, 2011
For the price, this package delivers. It's small, easy to use. Comes with built in 2gb memory which gives you about 45 min recording time, ad an sd card to extend the memory. This is in infrared, so day time video will look a little "pink" but for night time shoots it works great. Has about a 2/3ft range (outside in the dark) with it's built in IR light. Indoors it works much better. Use an external IR light source and it works great. Only draw back is there is no camera mount, so you can't attach an external light source or attach it to a stand. With some creative thinking though, it can be done. Also, any fast movements are a blur but a slow steady hand will get great results. I'm quite pleased with it and will probably grab a couple more. Definatly worth the money. Lightning fast delivery to boot.
on September 4, 2012
Rarely do I write reviews for products, as I'm fairly laid back and as long as it does what it says I don't care too much. But this did nothing.
First off, there was utterly no sound whatsoever, even when holding it a few inches from my mouth. The color on daytime mode was horrible, and the IR mode at night (tested in a closet) was decent, but did not stretch very far. The level at which the IR would automatically come on was a bit dodgy as well.
I was ready to forgive it for the lack of sound as I was going to use it for a horror series I'm filming with handhelds and a lack of sound actually worked for the scenes I had planned.
But then when I installed the software and went to retrieve the test footage, it would not locate it on the camera itself and when it said it downloaded and I did a manual search for the files on my machine, they were nowhere to be found.
If you buy this, you will not be able to work with it. It's sad, because the night vision feature would've been awesome. But when you want a camera to film something, you want to actually get it off the internal memory to work with the footage or at least to upload it somewhere!
Take the $60 that it is now and put it towards the Kodak Playsport, which is an amazing camera on sale for only $20 more right now. I just threw $60 out the window and I'm furious.
on March 17, 2011
For people who would like basic video recording this is great. As with most cheaper costing items there are always better quality ones out there, but I personally feel this is getting more than what you paid for. The night vision was fantastic and so much better than I thought it was going to be for the price!! Love it, love it, love it.
on April 17, 2012
Don't expect this camera to perform like military grade heat sensitive video equipment. It is similar to a simple low-res video camera. It does, however have IR LEDs built in, and that is quite handy. This camera is poor at best when trying to video a large area of darkness. It is grainy, and the lights don't penetrate very far. What this camera is perfect for is close quarters. The still camera is decent and the video is good enough for investigating, as long as the subject of focus is within 6 or 7 feet. A good way to improve the picture quality is to saturate the room with IR light using auxiliary IR lighting. The camera is the same size as a cell phone and is pretty well put together. It burns through the 4 AAA batteries pretty quick, so rechargeable batteries might be the next item in your cart. It hooks directly into the USB port of your computer, and the videos are a standard format, no need to download the proprietary software that is included.
This camera is a good tool to ADD to any paranormal investigator's tool kit, not a be-all, end-all ghost hunting camera. It is money better spent for small observations than purchasing another Sony night shot.
on January 17, 2015
good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good good
on September 9, 2011
I got this mostly for the night vision for ghost hunting. The IR night vision works fine. The still photos are a bit blurry but I can live with that. The night vision video is pretty good, but the mic doesn't work at all. I even stuck it right up to my mouth and talked into it and tapped it with my finger and nothing...no sound at all. But..when ghost hunting with night vision it's mostly for the video and I can sync my voice recorder to it. Would I buy another one? Probably not. Will this one get used? yep. It's definately better than nothing.
on September 23, 2017