Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Squeem "Perfect Waist" Firm Compression Waist Trainer
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on November 25, 2015
I have used Spanx before... and I originally thought that this would be very similar. I don't have that beautiful hourglass shape that some women seem to have.

My main target is my belly region, so I bought this (and also, admittedly purchased it with Naturabest Garcinia...that actually seemed to work. At the same time that the Squeem was shaping my middle region, I was also losing a few pounds on the side as well (and guess where they came off!) It seemed like wearing the Squeem around actually "forced" my body to lose weight, targeted directly at my midsection.

When I wear this, I also realize how bad my posture really is, and how much my extra weight is straining my back. When I have this on, it really takes the load off my back and makes it feel so much better. Once I lose even more weight, my back will have had time to "recover" and with the support of the Squeem, I will have a much better posture too.
0Comment| 699 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2015
As I write this review I would like to be as helpful as possible because I did base my purchase, on other peoples reviews. So I made my purchase on March 26, and I received it way in advanced. I received it Sunday 29th in the am and I wasn't suppose to recive it until April 1st. So I am super excited! Thank you Amazon! The package was delivered in a plastic box. i opened the item made the inspection...perfect! The quality is as expected very very good... Before i begin i am 5'0" tall and weigh 135 pounds, my waits measurement is 32" my cup size is 34 D based on this, yes. I'm short and busty with some pounds to loose :/ my normal weight is 120 my ideal weight is 115lbs i have a long torso and shorter legs. I am naturally curvy and since i've gained some weight, and summer is around the corner i need all the help i can get to loose weight, plus if i can get a smaller waist while at it, why not? I have done a lot of re search and wanted to buy a waist trainer that i felt would be perfect for me, the Squeem after reading many reviews was the one I decided on.. I LOVE IT!!!

1- Do not choose a smaller or bigger size, I purchased mine based on the size chart provided.. you know your body best you will choose wisely. I fit into a medium so thats what I bought. I did not smell anything when I got my waist trainer, I read some reviews about some people having a smell but I am so glad I did not have that experience. Now the hard part lets put this on.. " yes it is tight!" took me about 20 minutes to put it on, so the way i did it was I layed down on my bed and started from the bottom until i had all of them hooked.. YES! I did it!! I stood up and it was perfect.. aaaaaw i am so excited. now i few things i should mention. once this is on i noticed the length was just a tiny bit long but not a deal breaker, it covers all of my belly and pooch, it's tight but i can breath fine. it does raise some of that back fat up to the top but its not too bad at all, i put my regular braw on it was fine. I have always had good posture but now wearing the waist trainer my posture is even better. I know it says that you should gradually wear the waist trainer 2hours the first few times, but i was able to wear it 8 hours with no problem. I had a loose shirt on so you couldnt tell i was wearing it at all. I walked for about 2 hours and wore it to the movies and sat there a little over 2 hours and had no discomfort at all. I tried to eat small portions here and there. Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I can't wait to see the results.

today was my first time wearing it. so in two weeks review #2 to follow

Follow up review 2weeks after receiving it. 4/14/15

So far I have worn this everyday for 6 to 8 hours a day. With light exercise and better eating habits I have lost 6lbs and my waist went from 32" to 29" I'm loving it. I'm now gradually wearing it to last set of hooks. I'm doing this 2 hours a day and wearing it as usual for a minimum of 8 hours. I wear this to work mainly, I'm mostly on my feet so wearing this waist cincher is very helpful on my back. I'm ready to buy a small in about two more weeks. So happy I made this purchase. I have had several people message me with questions, please continue to ask as many questions as needed I'm happy I can be of help.
review image
77 comments| 615 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2015
I bought this to help speed up post pregnancy belly. I just got it today and I really like it. It's comfortable and still squeezes everything down! I am only 4 days postpartum so cut me some slack with the belly ;)
review image
22 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2011
I just got mine after reading everyone's review. My existing waist is 34 inches. I ordered a large, and think that I will have to order a medium soon. I ripped it out of the box, and fastened it up. Went on easy. I went from a 34 to a 31. It is comfortable too. I live in a hot & humid climate, and I wore it tonight outside. Not sweating in it....but it was night time. But, hey, I'm mainly indoors.

But, the best part....I didn't realize that my back was so "unsupported" before. It feels wonderful with the Squeem. I put it on, and my spine went "ahhhhh, I needed that!" I have to wait another year to get my tummy tuck...but this is going to do the trick until then.

Under lightweight material or certain sweaters/knits? It's not a good choice. the hook line (in the front) will show. Makes one wonder if you have staples up your midline. That's hte bad thing.

I did have a hard time figuring out what size to order. The size chart on my box says:
Xsmall 25-27 inch waist, 0-2 dress size
2x 40-42, 16-18
3x 43-45, 18-20
4x 46-48, 20-22
5x 49-51, 22-24
1515 comments| 1,465 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2015
I bought and have been using almost daily (6 out of 7) both the Squeem Vest and the Cincher about six weeks ago and thought I would offer my comparison. I am 5' 4", 150 lbs., and recently had twins. Tummy is a hot mess. I ordered a large and it is a good fit in both. Waist = 32", hips = 40". Although I am at pre pregnancy weight, things are NOT the same. I carried to term and had significant diastasis recti (ab muscles separating down the center line.) This makes the top of my tummy, above the belly button, push out a bit, especially after a meal. Combined with the lower belly still carrying some extra jiggle and just not being as elastic and 'tight' as it once was, I stayed in maternity pants for eight months post-partum even though I had lost all but 8 lbs of baby weight within two weeks of delivery. All my regular pants just didn't fit, and going up a size resulted in waistbands that fit and hips and legs that were way loose. Just giving you some background as to how I got to the point of buying rubber shapewear. :)

So. I read dozens of reviews on both and started with the vest because it seemed to be the safer bet to avoid the dreaded back fat popping out the top of the more corset style waist cincher. And that's true, but I did end up buying the cincher too, and like it much better. First the vest though. Straight out of the package it went on fine (only a little tugging to make ends meet) on the looser of the two rows of hooks. Right away it held me in as far as tummy and hips and did incredible things for the girls. The awareness it brings to your posture helps, but also the straps of the vest that scoop the outer edge of the breast really keep me facing perkily forward instead of lolling into the armpit. I immediately tried on ten things that had been pushed to the back of my wardrobe for being ill-fitting and was delighted by how sleek I looked in them. Pants no longer caused muffin tops, and dresses hugged my chest while skimming my waist. I decided I would live in this thing.

But. I have had a hard time with these straps. Never mind that they are wide and their placement made it immediately apparent that this could not be worn with anything sleeveless. MAYBE a very wide strapped tank style with a high back, but even so, the straps are so far into my armpits they would certainly peek out. Even that wasn't deal breaking, because I figured it could be for use with tees and blouses and long sleeved dresses. What I really struggle with is the way the straps bunch in the back and make little tents above my shoulder blades. Tightening them doesn't help, it just makes the straps dig into my armpits and rub them raw. Throwing my shoulders back in Jane Austen perfect posture helps, but isn't usually how I walk around the office.

Another thing to consider is the hook and eyes in the center. Especially when you have it fastened on the looser of the two settings, this does create an obvious row of bumps under any fitted top. I should add here that I have been wearing both the vest and the cincher with a belly band underneath to separate the vest from my skin. And as needed I wear a belly band or a tank top over the vest or cincher to help camouflage any tell tale ribs and bumps. This works pretty well, but as the weather warms up I can see it being impractical.

This brings me to why I have come to prefer the cincher to the vest. No bumpy straps, AND I can easily wear this item 90 degrees to the side so the row of hook and eyes aligns with the left seam of my shirt. The smaller seams and the flexible boning throughout the garment can also show through fitted clothing but much, much less. I had read a review of someone saying they wear the hooks and eyes in the back but a) fastening it behind my back would be impossible without help and b) once fastened it is _obviously_ snug, so turning it is laborious. Putting the hooks to the side is easy to put on and makes it much less obvious under clothing. There is a little bit of back fat being pushed up above the cincher going on but not much more than you get from your bra just digging a little and overall it hasn't seemed very noticeable.

One thing that is aggravating about both is that with continual wearing, there is some bunching that takes place, especially in the bend of my waist, and occasionally I have had weird divots when sitting down where the plastic stays bow in. I can't see how that would be avoidable though unless you opt for unflexible stays like you find in steel boned corsets, but that's a whole other level of shapewear and waist training that I haven't gone to yet. The bunching I try to smooth out when I take the garment off at night to help it retain shape and lie flat. I especially do this after washing it. It seems to help.

A couple of things about the long term effects of this waist trainer. I bought a size large, and that is enough compress and shape me for my everyday clothing, but I don't think it's enough to actually compress my internal organs and ribs to whittle my waist long term. Before buying, I read several reviews of women saying 'I've worn this a week and already dropped to the smaller hook size!! I'll have to buy the next size down soon!' Not so, unless you are dramatically losing weight immediately after buying. It is rubber. It STRETCHES. I dropped to the next row of hooks on the vest after ten days or so too, but that is because the garment stretched a bit after wearing it 10 hours a day for ten days. It was right at this time that I bought the cincher, in the same size as the vest, and I had to start on the looser hooks with that too, until I had 'broken it in', and went down a row.

However. I do feel that I look noticeably slimmer just after I have taken either the vest or cincher off. And since I began wearing these, I have lost weight and inches. I don't know how much has to do with the compression action of the vest but I can say this for sure:
1. I eat less when wearing it because I feel full faster - it's tight, and eating too much is not comfy.
2. It has improved my posture, and brought awareness to my core as it supports my back and abs. As a result, my diastais has absolutely improved in the six weeks since purchase.
3. Seeing myself look better in clothing while wearing this has prompted me to just want to get back into cute clothing, period. With the warm weather coming, I would love to get my body back to a point of not needing a rubber vest to look this good, so I have cut carbs and dropped ten pounds in six weeks. 80/20 works for me - just avoiding bread, pasta and potatoes 80% of the time and eating what I want 20% of the time has been a totally doable moderation.
4. I knew I wanted to lost weight when I was buying this and had read about the helpfulness of wearing support garments to help prevent exacerbating 'belly flap' (better known as 'mothers apron'). Between carrying twins and having a c-section, this has been a problem area and I am so glad to report it does look better.

One last thing - before I put on a belly band, and then the Squeem over it, I have been putting coconut oil on my tummy. I see all kinds of caffeine and anti-cellulite creams pop up to be purchased in conjunction with waist trainers but I am wary of the chemicals. Putting coconut oil on and wearing this has seemed to help the tone of the very soft and stretched skin on my tummy. I'm still not going to be rocking a bikini any time soon (or probably ever - TWINS!), but I am happy to just look better naked.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2014
I used these since birth. Went from a medium to now an extra small. It really helps your posture and helps you lose weight. You can't overeat bc you'll be uncomfortable. I wear this about 8 hours a day. Love it! Only slight downside is that the torso isn't as long but it still works with some adjusting
0Comment| 313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2015
My stats..I ordered a Small. I am 5'6" and just about 137lbs. Waist line is between 29"-30" just above the belly button and 32" at the belly button. Such a drastic difference for an inch farther down...but there you have it.

This is my first waist compressor and I was a bit nervous, but excited to Try it. My two fears were that it would be noticeable and therefore not wearable and my biggest fear- that roll of back fat that comes out over the top of the cincher like a yeast roll. I remember seeing some lady at a party like 10 years ago who had this roll and I thought 'what is she thinking?? That's AWFUL!!' Well, welcome me to the club. I would not wear this out in public at all. Anyhow, here is how it went:

I excitedly opened my package and immediately attempted to put it on. I stretched, pulled, tugged, sucked in...finally began to get the eye-hooks together. I started buckling a few at the top and then a few at the bottom to hold it in place while I worked with the top. Eventually- success!! The eye-hooks are hanging on for dear life, but it's on and it's TIGHT. It has definitely reduced my waist size, reducing my waist line by 2" (just above belly button)and reduced the measurement at my belly button by 1", giving a definite more 'hourglass look. I can see the eye-hooks like a little spine through the front of my tank tops. They are quite obvious to me- reason one that I would not wear this in public. Then, I examine the top for the dreaded muffin. OH MY GOD- IT IS AWFUL! Back fat everywhere! I look from the front like my boob extends two inches to the side of me (yuck!) and the back is even worse. I quick run and grab a good solid bra to see if I can contain this mess and it helps quite a bit. But, I am very selfconcious about these things, so I don't think it helps enough for me to wear this in public.

The only way I would wear this in public is with a sweater that covers this horrible back dis-figuration and only if it was cool enough to not take the sweater off. I live in Florida, so that leaves me with about a month total out of the year. Maybe I can come up with a few short sleeve throws that will cover it, but then we are still left with the spine on my stomach..Sigh...my options are fairly limited here.

Oh- two more observations 1. I did not order a size up because most reviews say that the product becomes too big for them after a short time 2. I have only put this on four times so far and I have a 75% failure rate at getting the eye-hooks into the correct latches...have had to redo it 3 of the 4 times. But, that probably says more about me than it does about the product!!

Fortunately for me, I work from home. So, I will wear this while I work in hopes of seeing a 'waist loss' as some claim will happen. If I do see positive results, I'll be back to let you know.
review image review image
1414 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2016
I didn't do any belly support after giving birth to my first child, but I did a lot of research into belly binding for postpartum recovery with my second. Everything I read said that this wrap gives the best overall support, and I liked that you don't have to deal with any Velcro. So I thought I'd give it a try.

At six days post-birth, it fits perfectly and gives me just the support I need. My back pain immediately disappeared, and my core and stomach feel nicely supported. Plus, it's reminding me to have proper posture, especially when nursing, which will help me avoid the "nursing backache" that I had for weeks with my first child.

And as a bonus, it really does give you a flat stomach right away when you wear it. Full disclosure, I do feel like I have slimmed down extraordinarily quickly with this baby, but my husband and I were both shocked that my "baby belly" completely disappears while I'm wearing this band.

A couple notes on it. The biggest question in my mind about using this postpartum was what size to get. If you are planning on using this for postpartum support, I highly recommend waiting a few days after birth while swelling and fluid retention goes down before measuring and ordering. If you want support in the meantime, I recommend getting a cheap medical belly binder (or you can ask the hospital for one when you give birth). Bonus: it's more comfortable and easier to put on than the Squeem for those first days of recovery.

And when you do order, go with the sizing chart. Squeem does not use vanity sizing. I am usually a small/medium in both normal and maternity clothing, but because of my measurements, I ordered a large Squeem. I'm glad I did becaus it fits perfectly on the first row of hooks, and I have a lot of room to keep shrinking. It's a tight squeeze to put on at first (I needed to lie down and get my husband to help) but it's very comfortable and just the right amount of pressure and support when it's on.
on November 15, 2014
Fit perfectly and I have lost inches in my waist in less than 2weeks. LOVE THIS! Hour Glass Figure!
review image
33 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2007
I started out with a Medium sized Squeem Vest about a week before I used this small sized waist cincher - you can see the product here: Squeem Magical Lingerie Shapewear, Firm Compression, Cotton & Rubber, Vest, Black, Medium

I love the cincher since I can use it with a sleeveless top and don't have to worry about the straps or strap irritation. There is truth to the claim that it reshapes your waist - I never had curves and I'm just beginning to have a womanly shape to my waist. The only thing I don't like is that the cincher can sometimes squeeze the fat up to the top of the cincher and then you have a mini roll there - not always an issue, just sometimes I noticed it. The vest goes up all the way, so you don't have that problem.

Either way, I highly recommend this product and have become a firm believer in what Squeem can do. :)

EDIT: Amazon won't let me review the squeem vest I bought since this cincher and the vest are considered part of the same series. So, I'll include it here since I think there are some differences.

"I'm 5'9, 135 lbs and shaped like a boy - I've never had sultry curves and I am kind of roly-poly around the belly. So, I bought this hoping I could feel more comfortable in my clothing. I was skeptical of the claims to reduce inches and the whole sweating-your-way-to-thinness thing, but my goal wasn't necessarily permanent waist reduction.

Well, it's been about a week and a half since I've been using this, and honestly, it's no gimmick. I've used Spanx and Flexees, but this is different. It's sturdier, doesn't roll up and it definitely flattens the tummy and does not fold over on itself. I have a womanly shape when I wear it - it's amazing. The first day, I could barely get the medium to close on the first latches. It was very tight, but not uncomfortable. After a few hours, I forgot I was wearing it so I decided to try and see if I could squeeze it down a notch - voila! It fit on the second set of hooks! What was even more surprising was going home and taking it off and seeing that my body stayed in this curvy shape for about 1/2 an hour. This was all a very impressive first day - so I decided to stick to it.

I wear it every day for about 8 hours. I do sweat a lot when I wear it and I don't like it touching my skin directly because it gets clammy - so I wear very thin tank tops as an undershirt and it still works - super sweaty without the clammy. In the past week, it has become even more comfortable to wear and in only a week, my waist retains the shape for an hour now (I can't wait until after I've worn it for a few months!) I also now have no problem fastening it on the second row of hooks (the tightest) and staying comfortable. I was so inspired that I ordered the waist cincher in a small to gradually get my waist down to that size (product and my review here: Squeem Magical Lingerie Shapewear, Firm Compression, Cotton & Rubber, Waist Cincher, Nude, Small they both have different advantages and disadvantages.)

I like the vest because the back is high, so I don't have to worry about back fat popping up or out. The vest also works wonders for your chest. I have an average B-C cup that normally doesn't look like much. Once this vest is on, they perk right up. The vest is pretty long so I've never had to deal with fat popping out the bottom. You do have to wear it as an undergarment or corset (tucked into your pants/skirt) otherwise you'll have the lines of your pants or bottoms pressed into your skin and that kind of hurts. Also, the straps are very thick, making it difficult to wear with some sleeveless tops. At first I wore the straps pretty tight for maximum chest perkiness but they began to rub my skin raw so I loosened them up and they are no longer an issue. Also, if you wear super tight shirts, you can see the clasps at the front - I've worn some tight shirts though and no one but me has noticed.

I highly recommend this and have already told my best friend and my mom to order since I truly feel it's worth the investment. "
11 comment| 528 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse