Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 503 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 629 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 23, 2009
If you've done any camcorder shopping at all, it doesn't take long to realize that we've got a problem with function/feature overload. You could pick camcorder A with night vision, steady hand, and sepia filming capabilities...or you could pick camcorder B with the touch screen, HD video quality, and 50 other functions that you'd never use... The list, as you no doubt have discovered, goes on and on.

This is why I LOVE my Flip. Within 2 minutes of opening the box, it was on and ready to start recording. Within those same two minutes, I'd read the instructions on how to record, playback, and download the videos onto my computer. In my opinion, this is brilliant technology - it's small, convenient, and incredibly simple. Still want high-quality videos, not to worry, this puppy can capture 'em.

If you're an aspiring filmmaker with a commitment to the best of the best of the best...the Flip's probably not the best choice for you. But if you're like the vast majority of people who just want a quality camcorder (and be honest, even though they sound cool, you won't use a quarter of those features on the $400+ camcorders) that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, buy the Flip. It's incredible.
on February 10, 2016
My favorite video device ever !! I am a photographer and my camera bag is so heavy from camera lenses and equipment. It is a pleasure to carry this compact video camera right in my purse. Takes beautiful videos which are easy to upload to my laptop. I have purchased 5 more to give as gifts to family. My teens ( 13-18) love this to upload videos to you tube and Facebook.
With my digital camera conking out on me during a family event, I needed to find something that wasn't bulky, portable, I can easily use on a PC and Mac and would give very good quality video. So, after a lot of research, everyone has seemed to rave about the Flip Ultra Camcorder (2nd Generation).

As many have suggested, I also made a purchase of Eneloop rechargeable batteries and didn't go with the rechargeable battery pack and so far, I have been able to capture a good amount of video. Good light conditions, low light conditions and for the most part, it's easy to use, easy to sync to my Mac and PC and easy to access and pull any videos I need to for direct editing.

The device comes with a pouch, strap and cables to connect to your TV (if needed). I did order this device with the Flip Video USB cables and people were right. You want those cables to plug in the device because it's a bit cumbersome to place on a laptop or if you are on an iMac, the back of your computer or the keyboard. So, the cables worked fine and made things easy.

Software was easy to use and PC and Mac software was included in the device. Plug it in and your computer detects it and just install from the new drive. With a Mac, my iPhoto did come up but on the first try, wasn't able to download to iPhoto but was able to use the Flip software for the Mac quite easily. As for downloading video, it's easy to transfer to your computer and re-edit it on video editing software if needed. Takes a little time to transfer, depending on the size of the video.

And the good thing is that the majority of the reviews from those on Amazon that have been positive were quite right in their assessment of this device. Now, I can't compare to other similar hardware but for its price, portability and ease of use and the quality from this little device, it's definitely worth it!
VINE VOICEon February 3, 2010
QUICK SUMMARY: After having this a month now, I can attest to how great this product is -- not because of the amazing video quality (it's just okay), but the cost/performance value is remarkable. It's great for older kids who can take care of their electronics, and it's a great choice for outdoor scenes which might otherwise damage more expensive video equipment. Highly recommended!

I bought this Flip camcorder as a Christmas present for my 11yo daughter. She loves it, and so do I! It was her most expensive Christmas present, and (happily) it's the one she's still using one month after Christmas. Because *she* has a videocamera, we're getting family videos created that are absolutely hilarious, as she's able to capture the craziness of a house filled with four young children. I love the extemporaneous shots she's getting of kids being kids. Awesome!

I love that the camera is portable enough to easily take it to the beach, where I would otherwise not have my much more expensive Canon HD camcorder. I'm afraid of the salt spray coming off the beach to bring my expensive Canon camcorder, but this Flip is easy to take to the beach -- we're not obsessed over keeping the lens clean, and when it gets dirty, we just use a tee-shirt to wipe it off. The plastic housing over the actual lens is easily cleaned. I plan on bringing my daughter's Flip camcorder on an annual Appalachian Trail hike I take each summer, where I have previously avoided taking my expensive camcorder because I'm worried about it getting damaged. Now, I'd be disappointed if this Flip camera broke, but it's inexpensive enough that it could be replaced pretty easily.

The software that comes with it is simple to install and use. My kids intuitively knew how to load videos into the kids' computer, and I was very surprised at how clear the individual video frames looked -- good enough to make a 4x6 print from. This was a wonderful way of getting some amazing shots of my son launching a vinegar-and-baking-soda bottle rocket in our backyard.

The Flip won't replace your better-quality video equipment, but it's a wonderful addition to your existing equipment. Every family with (responsible) children ought to have a Flip to help capture family life at home.

Highly recommended!
on June 10, 2014
Before being purchased by Cisco, Flip video was the Go Pro for the masses. The video quality and sound are equal to the subsequent Go-Pro cameras for a fraction of the cost. I used this camera mounted on my roll bar of a 50's sports racing car for years before Go-Pro and while it doesn't have many of the features that Go-Pro has it was very serviceable camera. This product was abandoned before a quality advertising campaign could boost it into the stratosphere. What a waste. Great value for the money.
on October 5, 2009
I'm known as the family photographer not because of special training but just because I take pictures / video at almost every family function and though I am an amature, I'm told I've taken some really good pics / video. That being said, I wanted something that was portable, easy to use and SMALL to capture not only those family moments but those spontaneous moments with friends and life in general. The Flip Ultra 2nd Generation is that VIDEO camera. Its not fancy but if you're in it for the fun of it and want good quality video that you can e-mail to friends/family or upload to social websites, then the Flip Video Camera will be your newest friend. No video tapes to buy and no extensive "How to" to read. Just plug and play and you can use it on different computers so you are not tied down to having the software on just one computer as the sofware is in the camera itself. You can't take pictures with it but I have my digital for that so its no biggie. Simple but good quality is what I wanted and that is what I got. Enjoy!
on January 25, 2010
I bought this Camcorder for my nephew. Over the holidays we played around with it and made some videos, which, to my surprise, came out very sharp in picture and in sound. It was also easy to transfer to my computer (Macbook Pro). However, we had to send the first one back as it froze for some reason while using it the second day. We switched batteries to see if that might have been the cause, but it wasn't. I called the manufacturer and was informed to get a replacement since it was only a few days old. Since my nephew was really happy with it otherwise and due to the fact the the majority of the feedback is positive, we did in fact replace it for another one. This time, everything is up to par. For the money and for what it is, it's worth buying. I am thinking about purchasing one for myself. It's a great little camcorder. Also, two thumbs up for Laura I's review. Her review helped us set up the camcorder in no time at all. Very simple to use and straight forward.
on January 6, 2014
Improvement from the First Generation FlimCam is like going from VHS to DVD on an HDTV.

The definition is 4 times higher with progressive scan and 4:2:2 chroma sub sampling in H.264 (AVI only has 4:1:1).

I'm not sure if upgrading to a FlipUltra HD will be as much of a leap forward.

Chroma is well saturated in the picture with no bars and no static indoors at night in incandescent lighting.

In low light, things tended to look red and blue with the FlipCam, no more red and blue with H.264 in the FlipUltra.

The FlipCam didn't have picture AGC. The FlipUltra has picture AGC (Auto Gain Control).

Don't ever use the digital zoom, it makes your picture look terrible.

Things look great in a bedroom, just don't expect things to look so great recording a concert or something far away. For recording something far away for a comparible price and size and stereo audio even copying the Flip with a flip out usb, you want a Sony Full HD Camcorder that has 32x optical zoom.

I'm not going to be purchasing the FlipUltraHD. When I upgrade to HD, I am going to be purchasing the Sony Full HD.

How many pixels you have on the screen isn't everything, optical zoom, chroma encoding quality, and low light performance are much more important.

No Flip, I will not be apeased with your lack of optical zoom by adding more pixels on the screen.

If I was apeased by more pixels on a screen, I would just by a smart phone (I don't have a smart phone and I don't want a smart phone).

Some test videos: <<[...]>>

<<[...]>>

Compared to its predecessor: <<[...]>>
on December 22, 2016
This video camera has done all it promised to do. It is easy to use, holds a good 2 hours of recordings, and is easy on battery life. At first, I had trouble downloading videos to my computer, but when I contacted the seller, he very patiently helped me resolve the issue. I am now easily able to download the videos. The seller has provided excellent support and customer service from the very beginning. The only reason I did not give it the full 5 stars is because the process of downloading videos is not as simple as youtube would have you believe.
on November 24, 2009
I had heard the Flip Camera had decent video quality (for the price) and was very easy to use, so I knew I wanted a Flip, just didn't know which one. I chose this one because it was the newest model that still used AA batteries. I liked the idea of using AA batteries, which I know is a turn-off for many people, for a variety of reasons. First of all, a "specialty" battery tends to lose its ability to hold a charge (hasn't that happened to one of your cell phones?) as it ages, which means you could lose out on taking some special videos if you're caught without enough juice to keep going. Other reviews rave about how tiny and slim the newest flip is (because it doesn't need to be fat enough to house AA batteries). Personally, I think this camera is very compact, while still having enough substance about it so you get the sense you're actually holding something. Smaller isn't always better in my opinion.....too easy to drop, lose, and often accompanied by limited functionality. In addition, if you're on your way to a big event and you realize your battery is dead, you simply stop at the drug store and pick some up. Furthermore, you can also use re-chargeable AA batteries (recommended) while keeping some spare regular AA batteries around in case your re-chargeable ones run out of juice. So even if you forget to re-charge your batteries, you always have the option of regular batteries. With the newest ultra slim model, when you're battery's dead, you need to charge.....no other options.