YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Book House Cleaning JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now NYNN

Size: 24-Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,172 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,247 reviews
on January 2, 2015
First, I am in no way an art professional of any type- just a craft/art enthusiast and hobbyist who isn't trying to spend a fortune on supplies.

I purchased these markers with the intent to use them on my new expert level coloring books I had purchased. I have used many sharpies in the past, but never the Ultra Fine tip. I knew that they wouldn't be as fine as some of the fancier art pens out there (Copic), but I was pleasantly surprised when I started to use them at how fine the tip really was.

They worked wonderfully for my first project in my new book- I tried to use every color just to see what there was, and found that I didn't have any problems with bleeding except on the darkest blue, and even then, it wasn't that bad.

The ONLY reason that this gets 4 stars instead of 5 is because I am disappointed in some of the colors themselves. The picture of the product shows colors that have very light caps- what appear to be sky blue, light pink, lavender, etc. Obviously with a marker, I know that true pastels are very hard to achieve, but these colors were far from pastel at all. On my picture below, you will see on the blue flower, the grey looking color is the lightest blue. And on the purple flower, the grey looking color is the lightest purple. I feel like I got 5 grey markers instead of true pastel colors. Also, the variation of colors is lacking. There are 4 green markers in the set, and as you can see on my frog, I did in fact use all 4 greens, but it is very hard to tell because they came out much darker than the cap would indicate. If you are looking for color variations, I would not order this, but if you need bright, bold colors, then this is your set!
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2015
Most of the markers work as promised, but with some of them the tips are dried out/ faulty. Of course, the black one was one of them. To fix this I just removed the faulty marker tip and replaced it with one of the working markers tips. But this still leaves me with a tipless marker! I basically have to put a "working" marker tip on which marker I want to currently use (such a pain!). Most of the markers seem to work great, but I would recommend testing each one to make sure all of them work.

(Note: Just because a marker tip is dried out DOES NOT mean the marker is out of ink! The markers with dried out tips that I received were FULL of ink! They just needed the tip replaced. I find it easiest to remove a marker tip by wiggling it back and forth while also trying to pull it out at the same time).
review image
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2015
I love these markers for adult coloring books. They have good ink flow and nice fine lines. Be warned, they do bleed through, so they are not ideal for coloring books with double sided pages. In addition, this pack is virtually identical to the '80s pack. I bought both assuming there would be more differences between the packs.
review image review image
on November 25, 2012
Truly, the product quality is excellent. The problem I have is with the seller's description. Under Product Features is says: Extra precise, 0.2mm narrowed tip for extreme control and accuracy. I was expecting 0.2mm, similar to my Sakura Micron pens. This product is not 0.2mm. Upon receipt I see that neither the manufacture's packaging nor the product itself claim to be 0.2mm. The pens will be used and enjoyed for what they are, but not for the purpose that I originally purchased them.
on October 1, 2013
These were exactly what I was looking for. They are finest point you can get in permanent markers and they have the name of Sharpie behind them. That being said, I have found that a couple of the colors ran out of ink VERY fast with Very little use. What the heck, Sharpie??
on July 13, 2012
I am an artist and I purchased these markers to write on a variety of surfaces. They have a nice fine point and come in a wide range of colors. I find that they are smear resistant and only bleed on paper that is highly fiberous. Also good on plastic surfaces. I highly recommend these for numerous applications. They are good to just have around the house.
on August 3, 2010
Six year-old Grandson is a "budding artist" and got frustrated going outside of the line with the thicker markers so I got him the ultra fine for his "detail" work. These work great and as many colors as you need.
on February 28, 2014
Bought this initially as a gift for an amatuer cartoonist that loves sharpies and wanted more colours. However, I eventually discovered how much fun and useful these sharpies can be and "stole" some for my personal use.

Pros:

1. Decent price.
2. Dry really fast, even on glossy laminated stuff (plastics).
3. The obvious - lots of colours, some are more vivid than others.
4. Great for taking notes in class or Grading Papers (in red if you want to be mean).
5. Non Toxic, so should be safe for kids or pets.

Cons:

1. The 4-star review is due to some (few) colours bleeding, as others suggested.
2. Package is pretty useless and does not really hold the pens in place, but this is not a real problem.

Bottom Line: don't buy it for someone else, as they may accuse you of using it yourself.
on April 23, 2011
These Sharpie markers have a good sharp point and they do a pretty good job. They do tend to bleed a little bit on canvas tho.
on April 9, 2010
These are all really great colors. I take a lot of notes that I have to scan in to PDF format. Sharpies work great for this and I just love the color as a bonus. I use the fine point and the extra fine point together in my notes and they work wonderful!
If you attended lectures or have to take notes and have not tried using sharpies... I suggest you try them. Once you do, you will not be able to use a plain pen or pencil again! :)