Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on March 30, 2011
Maybe this is a good product? I guess I will find out in 6 months or so? I was suspicious when I ordered this when the size chart was for generic Amazon "baby" sizes, but took a chance anyway. That was a mistake. Now I have a swim diaper that won't fit till my girl gains a good 6 pounds. WTG Amazon.

Here is the size chart from the actual product tag:

Small: 10-18 pounds; 6-months
Medium: 18-22 pounds; 12 months
Large: 22-25 pounds; 18 months
X-Lrge: 25-30 pounds; 24 months
99 comments| 830 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2012
Great swim diaper. I started with the 6 month size diaper, and have stuck with it ever since and now re-using with kiddo #2! Love that it's white, nice and basic, so it doesn't clash with the swimsuit at all (or can be worn by itself if needed albeit a little see-through).
We've been lucky that in two years of relatively frequent swimming our daughter only pooped in the diaper two or three times but it cleans right out with a good machine wash and a touch of bleach. One of the poops was pretty loose but it was contained (sorry for the graphic detail, but this is really the core functionality that a good swimmy diaper should have).
Not overly bulky and self-dries out nicely after the kiddo comes on shore the same as the swimsuit would dry (if you can keep them out of the water that long!) so they don't have an uncomfortable wet disposable swimmy diaper that you have to wrap up and throw away...
I also like that it's reuseable...we use disposables in our day to day life for several different reasons (although we would have loved to do cloth) so liked to be able to have a little sustainability when it comes to swimmy diapers. can be a bit hard to remember how to get it on (once you get to the side snap sizes you lose the handy dandy little blue fish "this is the front of the diaper" sewn on marker...
on October 8, 2015
Although I only used the i play swim diaper for my child for one summer because she was in the middle of potty training, it was an excellent swim diaper and I wish I had purchased one a year sooner! With that said, I purchased the basic white because it can be used for future children or given away to some other mama who needs a swim diaper. It washed really well and was easy to take on and off because of the snaps on one side. My child did not complain when wearing the swim diaper under her swim bottoms due to the fact that the material was not bulky when it got wet, and the elastic did well at keeping the sand out. A cheaper and better option than disposable swim diapers.
on May 27, 2014
Ordered a medium and it seems large on my 21 lb baby - but he is tall and lean, so could just be the fit on him.

However, after just one wash through the gentle cycle after it was received, the seams around both legs have come undone, around the elastic - wouldn't have stopped anything with the fabric being loose. Hadn't even tried them on him yet. True, you get what you pay for, but I would have expected the seams to last longer than one wash cycle. Not worth the effort to return, so I just re-sewed them myself.

Used once so far. Fit around the legs and waist seemed okay but we didn't have any messes while he was in them, so I can't speak to whether it contains them. There's a lot of extra space in the toosh though - pretty baggy back there. Ordered a Medium for a 21lb. baby - though he's tall and lean, so it may just be he has a small behind.
on June 24, 2014
This is a great swim diaper... thick, padded and absorbent and very cute. i ordered two for my daughter last year (for the record, they are the ruffled pull on style, not the snap up the side. Snap up the side are very annoying as the snaps constantly come undone.) At 18 months, my average sized daughter wore an extra large. She still fits in it this year, but my problem is that, when I've put it in the washer, the elastics have broken. (This is the second time this has happened, I fixed a broken leg elastic last summer and now the waistband has snapped.). This was washing it in a front loader, regular cycle, cold water. Very bummed, ow I have to get the sewing machine out and replace elastic yet again. Probably wouldn't make this purchase again as a result of the hassle.
on August 14, 2014
I ordered this last year for my then 3.5 year old who at the time was about 28 lbs. I ordered the 24 months/XLarge size (25-30lbs). It fit really well. This summer she is 32 lbs and it is fitting a little tight but still able to put on. My 2.5 year old son is 28 lbs and I can barely get it over his chunky legs (daughter has skinny legs). This actually fits her better than my son, despite her weighing more. It's all about the legs. If your child is on the skinny side then order the size according to the weight. If your child has chunky legs, order a size up.

I also love the snaps on the side because it does make removing a wet diaper much easier!
on March 20, 2012
I purchased this from Amazon about a year ago and have been using it for my daughter ever since. I had no problems with sizing (my daughter, at the time of purchase, was 6 months old and 95 percentile for height and weight). She used it for swimming lessons in a pool, at the beach and for swimming at the water park going down the water slide and running all around. I have not had one single problem with this diaper in the entire year. It does what it's supposed to do and fits well under her swim suit. The only thing I wished was that it had snaps on both sides of the diaper to make it easier to get on and off (it only snaps on one side) but that doesn't keep me from giving it 5 stars. It's a great product and I'm about to order her the next size up now that she's grown out of her old one. Since it's plain white, her little brother will be able to use the old one as a hand-me-down.
on June 18, 2012
I used the Amazon baby size chart since thats what was posted, but i wouldnt go by the product size chart either because they run small! At 3 1/2 months and about 10lb, my baby girl wore the small and it was SNUG! The diaper itself was a good size, but the elastic was very tight! Great for preventing leaks, but I was afraid it was hurting her. Other than that, good product tho. I would suggest ordering more than 1 because just like you wouldn't keep your child in the same disposable for too long, you'll want to change your baby at some point and they may not be done in the water. She's outgrown the small, so I'm going to buy 2 mediums and I think I might keep a few disposables in our beach/pool bag jus in case we ever need that many extras!
on April 11, 2013
The i play swim diaper works very well. We used the small diaper twice a week for 6 months and it held up well to the usage (and laundering). Over that period we had no poo-leakages. The legs and waist bands stayed tight enough at all times. Also since this diaper has some absorbancy on the inside the little ones bottom was usually the driest part when we got out of the pool. The buttons make the diaper easy to get on and off which makes for faster changing.

Overall its a great swim diaper and we just purchased the next size up.

Speaking of sizes since Amazon doesn't define them:
S 10-18 pounds/6 mos.
M 18-22 pounds/12 mos.
L 22-25 pounds/18 mos.
XL 25-30 pounds/24 mos.
on July 26, 2013
I bought the Large size for my daughter last fall, when we were taking swim class, and it worked so well that I bought the XL now that she's grown out of the L. The diaper is plain, but is attractive enough to wear on its own if necessary. Its side snap design means that on/off is quick and easy, with the additional plus that if the diaper contains anything solid, the cleanup is less...smeary. The waist and leg elastics are tight enough to hold the poo without looking like they overconstrict. The gusset has extra padding, so I feel confident enough to make a quick run to the spray park in her swim diaper and suit - versus having to change her in the bathroom at the park.