Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on February 12, 2016
I bought these to replace a set of the early AKG Quincy Jones headphones, which are the best set of headphones I've ever owned. In every way, except durability, I leaned on them wrong & broke an earcup off. I bought these because the specs were similar, but the were about $30 cheaper. The really feel like knock offs, the build quality is inferior to the Q model's, for the first week, I really thought the sound quality was really, really, bad. I finally noticed that the headphone plug was bent, right out of the box. I may get the Q's fixed, but I don't think I'll be buying AKG's products anymore. The 518LE headphones were that bad.
on January 18, 2016
These are great all-purpose use headphones. Fantastic sound quality and good price too. AKG headphones never disappoint. I own their high end dj headphones and have used other high-end models as well. Love this brand!
on January 1, 2013
Nice sounding pair of headphones. Great color selection, and very nice value considering the more trendy and expensive but crappier sounding headphones out there. I am very pleased with the 518LE's so far. Yes, they are snug but not to the point of discomfort, at least for me but everyone's head is different. I also have a pair of Klipsch earbuds that most reviewers thought were incredibly comfortable but they don't securely stay in my ears, so everyone's fit will be a little different. The great thing about the AKG pair is that if you wear them actively, like on the treadmill, they will stay on without ever having to adjust or resecure them over your ears. I wish that the cord would just be a bit longer, but hasn't been a problem to this point. All in all, a very nice sounding pair of headphones and a great value from a well respected company.
on October 30, 2016
Good sound quality for the price. Also the block out a lot of outside noise which is nice. But the amount of pressure they put on your ears makes them hard to wear for an extended period of time.
on December 30, 2011
These head phones sound awesome. I really enjoy the enormous amounts of base these cans put off. I also love how you can turn them all the way up and not have to worry about blowing the internal speakers, unlike the beats by dre, with any genre of music. I did find that after wearing the cans for more than an hour per say, watching a movie or so fourth, the clamping issue comes into play, i have a shaved head being in the military and all and my head is normal size, i would say. They push hard on the ears creating annoying pain. Other than that, I have no complaints
on December 7, 2011
Was a little unsure about the AKG's, but very impressed. The bass dumps and are very compacted for traveling. The AKG's sound killer: not the best for classical, more for HIP-Hop, rap, Dubstep, they don't sound bad just more geared toward anything with a lot of bass. Been commuting with them to school built very well have not broken them in yet still hurt my ears after listening to them for long periods of studying, etc...My buddy got a pair of Ear candy or whatever and the AKG's blow the ear candies away, and his already broke. lol
on May 2, 2013
headphones feel nice and look great. sound is clear and bass is punchy. they feel secure once on however do tire after extended periods of use (a common problem with most full size headphones). the fold up well into the included bag nonetheless the bag offers no protection for the headphones ... would have liked the cable to be longer...
on January 10, 2017
Too tight, hurts your head after a while.
on August 3, 2013
My rating is based on how these headphones sound with a little modding. Unmodded, the bass on the K581 DJ LE is very heavy, thumpy, and muddy, always overwhelming the mids. Worth the under $40 price I got for like new from Amazon Warehouse, but not inspiring.

Open up the headphones, put a little blue tack and duct tape on the inner cup, and voila! They go from sounding like a $50 headphone to a +$100 headphone. The change in bass is like the difference in SQ between an $80 subwoofer and a $300 one. Still great bass impact, but now very textured well defined bass. Mids are now clearer and have more presence. THIS was the headphone I expected to begin with. AKG signature highs and mids, but with a strong, clean bass presence.

Search on head-fi dot org for information on using blue tack and duct tape to line the inside cup. It's an easy fix that makes a huge difference in the sound quality.
on January 2, 2015
Headphone is amazing! price and quality!
Gostei muito. Som intenso e bass forte. Ao colocar o fone no ouvido, veda muito bem o som de fora. (PT-Brasil)