Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Blackberry 8300 Sound Isolating Stereo Headset [OEM] HDW-16904-001, Black
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on October 4, 2009
shipping was fast. works well and the ear buds feel nice. the button/mic is on one side, not where the wires meet. the cords are almost the same length and that usually works better than the one short and one long. good for the money too.
on January 27, 2010
This is a much more comfortable earpiece headset for me. The original headset earpieces are too big for my ears so they were painful to wear and hard to keep in place.
on October 15, 2011
I am not sure if this is really a "Blackberry" product. That said, the sound quality stinks and no one can hear what I am saying, even with the mic set right in front of my mouth. Avoid, avoid, avoid!
on February 17, 2012
it is a good set of headset that is durable and is able to function will with blackberrys but to be perfectly honest with you all i would spend the extra 10 dollars and purchese the premium version which has improved sound quality and seem to fit in the ear better really in my opinion. but not taking anything away from this set if i was call this any car it would be a honda and the other set would be a bmw.
on November 27, 2009
I use these headphones for music and also taking conference calls. Very good pair of headphones. I must also say that for the price, this is a steal! The same pair of headphones are sold on other websites for 3x as much. I always check on Amazon first before I but anywhere else.
on July 12, 2010
They could not hear me, and for some inexplicable reason when it was plugged in on my phone it would start calling people randomly just by itself!!! I know this sounds unbelievable but it did happen. So of course I am not happy with this product.

Another very important issue is that the plug is not 3.5mm but a 2.3mm that comes with an extension to convert the 2.3mm into a 3.5mm!! so you need to carry a longer a heavier cord. really not happy with this maneuver!
on October 31, 2011
Not sure what happened but 18 months ago I purchased a pair of these and they were great! These two new ones were unusable because of such poor sound quality. The BB kept thinking that it I was pulling the headset out and disconnecting from the headset. I returned them to the vendor.
VINE VOICEon August 18, 2010
The Blackberry 8300 Sound Isolating Stereo Headset as pictured here on Amazon, clearly show these headphones with a 3.5mm jack (the difference is obvious in pictures), and the description states that they are compatible with the Blackberry Curve 8330 (which uses the 3.5mm jack).

Well, they are compatible with the 8330 Curve, but only because they shipped with a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter. So, in order to use these things, you have to have a straight (not right angle as pictured) jack plugged into your phone, and then plug the actual headset into that.

If you bother to do all that, the headphones are fine, I actually owned these same headphones prior, ordered directly from RIM -- and that set had the 3.5mm right angle plug. So, I don't know what is going on, whether or not Amazon has the item mislabeled or if the 3rd party seller is pulling a bait-and-switch. My order was fulfilled by, "SF Planet," which is the same 3rd party seller still listed for this product.

Either way, buyer beware. Product not as advertised (whether that is due to Amazon mislabeling, or SF Planet's malfeasance, is ultimately irrelevant, I didn't get what I thought I was ordering)
on December 17, 2009
I'm really happy with it, it isolates the sound very well and people can hear me well enough. Great value for the price!
on July 14, 2010
I ordered this specifically because it is supposed to be a 3.5mm microphone. Apparently this is what they have been shipping, but I received the same thing as the July 12 reviewer -- a 2.5mm microphone with a very cheap adapter that DID NOT WORK. The people I called sounded like they were miles away, and they said I sounded like I was in an echo chamber. It's possible that this was a temporary substitution because they were out of 3.5mm, but I would check first! Completely useless like this.