Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Polarized JMP44 Sunglasses for Fishing, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking Superlight Tr90 Frame
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School

on May 16, 2010
I use these sunglasses mostly for cycling. Some kind of eye protection is pretty necessary because if debris flies into your eyes while on the move, you are pretty screwed.

I like these glasses because they cover my eyes peripherally, and do not leave any areas below or above the glasses where unfiltered light shines through. I've owned other pairs of glasses that fail to cover my entire field of vision. The lenses themselves are quite nice. They have a very high quality look to them, and actually using them they do a great job in maintaining visual clarity on an otherwise very sunny day. The glasses sit pretty comfortably on my face, they are easy on the nose, and I like the look of them.

Some other reviewers have mentioned that these sunglasses have a cheap or low quality feel to them.

I can understand why they got this initial impression. The lenses themselves, though of high quality, are not rigidly fixed to the frame of the sunglasses. There is a bit of play in the fixation of the lenses, and the lenses can actually wiggle around a bit in the frame. To be clear, the lenses don't actually wiggle or move around at all when I'm wearing them, they just have a slight bit of play in their fixation to the frame.

I have a theory as to why they are designed this way. If the lenses are free to move around a bit, there is less chance if the glasses are bent, dropped, or run over by accident that the lenses will break. Less stress is transmitted to the lenses because of the extra clearance, and if the frame does happen to bend for some reason, the clearance will give some breathing room for the lenses so they won't snap. I personally think of it as a positive feature, though I could be wrong.

Also, in other sunglasses where the lenses are surrounded completely by plastic, the lenses occasionally pop right out. I don't think that these lenses would ever have that problem.

The frame itself is plastic, which may also be 'cheap looking' to some. I personally don't mind because the glasses are very lightweight, which I like.

They're definitely much better than the $5 dollar sunglasses you might find at a gas station (in my personal experience none of those have lasted me longer than 6 months).

I do think $35 is a bit expensive for the sunglasses, but then again I couldn't imagine paying less than $20 for them. I'd recommend them, because I think they'll last a long time and do their job well.
on September 22, 2009
I have to say that i have never make a review here in Amazon before! but after buying this product i had do it. I am a long distance runner and biker, and run about 60 to 75 miles a week, i use my sunglasses all the time even to go to work as an Athletic Trainer and they work just perfect. Super light, comfortable, completely block sunlight, even make car sunlight reflection go away. It's price can't be better i would've pay even more, since the quality they offer is great. They include 2 holders, 1 cleaning pad, 1 soft case and 1 hard case. I use them all the time and so far they have work just great. They look pretty nice in my face and not goofy. Even the delivery time is perfect, super fast. I placed the order a thursday before labor day and tuesday after labor day (monday) they were in my face already. If you are looking for non expensive sunglasses that protect you from UV lights and want to use them not only to do outdoors, but also going to work, these product is what you are looking for. Feel free to buy it.
on June 24, 2010
As stated in the title, I bought these as a quick and "cheap" replacement for my Oakley M-frames, which did not survive a fall from a 30 foot rock I was climbing. I couldn't afford to replace my Oakley glasses with another pair this month, so I bought these as a compromise.

However, after wearing them for the past few weeks, I'm not sure that I will get another pair of Oakley sunglasses. For the price you get all the following:
-optics are near perfect
-fit great (I wear a size 7-1/4 fitted hat size)
-aren't bulky
-don't slip when I sweat
-block the wind when I ride my bike or when I am rock climbing
-100% UV protection
-polarized, so I can see into the water when rafting/canoeing/fishing
-inexpensive; so I don't have to apologize after saying "bad words" in front of the kids for breaking a $120 pair of glasses

I am a scout den leader, and spend most of my free time out with the boys having fun in the outdoors. They have worked great for me, and I can't really find any faults with them. I am ordering several more (13 pairs) for the scouts in my Cub Scout den as they will need sun glasses when we head back out backpacking next month. These were a great find for the price.
on July 22, 2009
I am quite impresses with this product and this company. I needed a pair of decent sunglasses that wouldn't break the bank and I found these. They are reasonably cheap, and I have seen inferior glasses for twice the price. Plus, you get all these cool free gifts like a case, bag, base lanyard, boating lanyard (floats), cleaning cloth, free retro style glasses coupon. On top of all that fast shipping. I gambled when I bought these as I live pretty much as far away from south carolina as possible in the lower 48, and I planned to go on vacation on thursday. Placed my order on monday with a 3-5 days expected shipping. Arrived wednesday mourning and I got to test them out just after waking up. No squinting in the first sun of the day, was a plus. Polarize works well at least in my pool, no glare :)
Plus, on top of all this a lifetime trust warrenty...with all this service oakley might need to watch out.
on September 12, 2010
I spent 20 yrs as a licensed optician, so I do know quality glasses. The lenses are great and very good quality. The glasses are very light weight and comfortable to wear for long periods. The frame does run on the small side which is exactly what I was looking for. The company was great. I received these 2 days after ordering, and they sent 2 extra cords. Extremely positive experience. Don't pass these up, you really won't find better.Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking Superlight Tr90 Frame JMP44
on July 14, 2015
Very strange, I had previously bought the same pair and this pair just seemed different in a number of ways:

1. The construction seemed far more flimsy than the previous version I bought
2. There was a serious amount of "haze" in the lenses which was not present in the previous one I bought. I tried cleaning them and it didn't make the haze go away, so it appears to be something about the lenses themselves.
on June 25, 2015
The fit is good but the lens clarity is bad, it seems like they are dirty or fogged slightly but they aren't it's just a terrible lens . I also bought a less expensive pair of the Flying Fisherman glasses at the same time and they are great, the lenses are much better.
on September 16, 2011
It is unfair to compare shades that are hundreds of dollars apart, but hard not to while I am still kicking myself for losing really expensive and comfortable MJs. The best thing about the TR90s is that I won't be crying so hard if/when I break or lose them. Fit and comfort are adequate. I'm not going to forget I have them on, but I can wear them for long periods without a problem. I find the nosepiece intrudes very slightly into my line of sight, its all about the shape of your face. Some may find these super comfortable. Worth a try at the price.
on March 31, 2016
Polarized Sunglasses for Fishing, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking Superlight Tr90 Frame JMP44 (Black Smoke)Picked these up to replace a much-loved pair of sunglasses that I'd had for many years, but lost. Went with polarized lenses and UVA/UVB protection for kayaking, but also found I like to use them as driving glasses, gardening, hiking and other outdoor activities. Not quite as dark as another brand that I'd been using for about four years, but with many improvements; particularly enhancing peripheral vision. I usually try to find 135-140mm temple length to prevent eye-contact. This pair provides PERFECT clearance. It also has a cowling shield along the top to prevent scatter intrusion of light, for those of us who travel at higher altitudes. The only thing I would change is to add some condensation venting to the cowling to help prevent fogging.
on December 5, 2012
I love the design and optics of the glasses. They are "flimsy" by design, in my opinion. They have not budged a bit during high winds and stay put. I cannot understand the critiques of these sunglasses being flimsy. I usually ride very fast and they stay sculpted to my head. I would not want a rigid design as they would be too fragile.