BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 29, 2010
I really do love this thing and it's going down as one of the best things I've purchased for myself. Yes, it has some drawbacks, but after messing around with cheaper portable GPSs and getting lost, I am thrilled to have this one- it's been spot on. The only time it can get confused is in complicated interchanges, but I don't know of any that can really sort those out well. I've had this unit now for about six months and have zero regrets. It's never led me astray and never done anything quirky or buggy. Some of the navigation through the menus may be a little clunky, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Annoying things:

You can only enter the destination in when you're parked, so even if you have a copilot, you're out of luck. You can bypass the parking break this with a little help.

Some of the nav functions are not intuitive and I need to read to find out how to take different routes to avoid traffic. Just getting it to show me the whole route was a little challenging.

Bluetooth works great, but if you're on a call when you start up the car or shut the car off, it will drop your call. You'd think I'd remember this after several months, but it never fails that I make a call as I'm getting in.

For the price and convenience, i'm not sure it can be beat. It's worth the minor annoyances to have a great GPS, the ability to plug in my ipod and have my iphone work all over the same unit.
on December 12, 2009
I have a factory installed nav in my SUV and a portable Garmin. When the radio in my 11 year old Lexus began to fade, I decided to splurge and install this system as a replacement. I have plenty of experience with my other two systems. This system is as good a navigation system as any I have seen. The unit paired with my Blackberry Bold easily and hands-free calling is a breeze. Import of contacts from my blackberry was also a breeze. Both me and the caller can hear well with minimal disturbance. Playing music of the SD card is a breeze. The menu options playing music are intuitive. iPOD works well too. The rear view camera function is new for my car and I love it. The nav antenna was placed on the dashboard in the driver side corner right by the windshield. It seems to pick up satellite info with no difficulty. I had the system installed a Best Buy - it took them about 5 hours - for my car, the tech felt it was not a DIY project. Voice commands work OK at best - I can get it to call home and switch AV input to SD or FM. But I cannot get it to go to a particular album.
on April 21, 2010
Installed this Unit in my wifes 04 Tahoe replaced factory Head Unit. She loves, loves it. The menu for the ipod is very intuitive and easy to use. A little slow to boot up as one review suggested but is fully functional before she gets to the end of our street. Sound is way better than factory, I didn't know my factory speakers could perform like this. Very easy to sync her phone to and I have no problems hearing her when she calls me while she is driving. The blue tooth capability is great for us since my wife has been resistant to any other hands free device that I purchased until now. This just syncs to her phone when ever she gets into the car, she never has to take her phone our of her bag or pocket just get in and drive and the Head Unit takes care of the rest. We haven't used the GPS much so far since we have just been around town and we already know whats here essentially, also usually if I want to find a business I use my cell phone which will always be more up to date than a fixed unit that is not receiving daily updates
on November 21, 2009
This was my first in-dash navigation unit and I made a pretty good choice. If you have an iPod make sure you get the iPod cable, and you're good to go. It works great with my nano. It's very easy to jump from playlists to artists or whatever you're looking for. The navigation isn't fancy but its accurate. Bluetooth works well. I had problems finding my phone (LG Dare) from the receiver, but when I searched for the Pioneer from my phone it worked the first time. Now it automatically pairs to my phone. As far as load time when I first start the vehicle, you get music in about 10 seconds and everything else is loaded in about 45 seconds. Overall good unit!
on November 5, 2009
- Great all-in-one package: Touch Screen, Hands free phone, Nav System, AM/FM Radio, CD Player, and external audio/video inputs. It even allows for a rear camera if optionally installed.
- Installation: I did have this professionally installed and found only AFTER they opened up my dashboard that the Honda Civic 2000 requires a special-order double-din mounting kit. Not too expensive, but I recommend you CHECK THIS THOROUGHLY BEFORE PURCHASING... This detail is not really made clear, even if you previously had a double-din radio in your car. With the mounting kit, the unit fits and looks great.
- Hands Free Phone: Took a little while to set up with my old bluetooth device, but once it found my phone, it connects automatically every time. Sound quality is good and it allows for voice activated calls. Voice activiation works pretty well, but can have trouble rocognizing some words. Sync'ing with my phone's address book has been problematic, but newer phones probably work better than my old Palm Treo.
- AM/FM Radio: Sound is fine. Provides 24 FM Presets and 8 AM Presets. Changing the station is a bit clunky and can require several menu selections just to change from an FM to an AM station ion the Nav System.
- Navigation System: Some nice advanced features like 3-D Maps & "Smart" zoom which automatically changes the zoom level based on where you are in your route. The Nav System in my Toyota Hilander is more refined and user friendly, but the AVIX is made by engineers to have some nice bells & whistles.

Overall, a great unit and it functions well. I think its extended the useful life of my old car for another 3-5 years. I do wish that changing the radio station did not take so many key presses - it would have been nice to have a one-press feature to change the station from preset to preset even from AM to FM to CD.
on June 20, 2012
These are the best radios for your money. i used it in my Kia serento 2007 and hooked up fast and easy. Navigation works great Bluetooth works great as well. Touch screen is good and video play back off an Ipod is great I mod'ed it to play while driving and can youtube that it's easy. Sub hook up and extra video if you want to do screens in the headrest or an overhead. I had some problems with my product but the seller handled and worked with me because i had bought it as a gift to the girl i was dating.
on May 29, 2010
I bought this unit for my wife for Christmas. Sounds great, looks great. There are a few problems though. First it will not recognize sd cards for media. Second, the text-to-speech does not work, it never says the street name. Third if you are on a call and you want to switch either to/from the bluetooth, it drops your call every time. Also the touch screen is not the most responsive. There are alot of great features with this unit, I just wish they all worked on my unit.
on June 22, 2010
i bought this item about two months ago! its a very excellent gps and stereo and ipod stereo love it works well....
BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET THESE FEW ITEMS!!!!!! THE Pioneer CD-IU230V Ipod Audio/Video Direct Cable For Avic-F900Bt & Avic-F700Bt IN ORDER FOR YOU TO VIEW THE IPOD MUSIC AND ALBUMS ON THE NAVIGATION SCREEN AND TO WATCH MOVIES FROM THE IPOD TOO....I ALSO HAVE SIRUIS AND WAS INFORMED THAT IT WAS SIRUIS SATELLITE READY SO I FIGURED ALL I HAD TO DO WAS BUY THE Pioneer CD-SB10 - Sirius Bus Interface for use with Pioneer SAT Radio Ready Headunits and AV Receivers BUT THAT WASNT THE CASE I STILL NEEDED TO BUY THE SIRIUS SCC1 Connect Universal Tuner IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK WITH THE SATELLITE...... LOT OF OTHER THINGS TO BUY SO IF YOU THINK THIS IS A STEAL IN THE PRICE WELL ADD ABOUT A 150 MORE DOLLARS TO IT......OTHER THEN THAT IT WORKS GREAT LOVE THE BLUETOOTH AND SIMPLICITY OF IT I EVEN PUT MY OWN PERSONAL PICTURE ON MY START UP SCREEN SO I DONT HAVE TO SEE THE BORING BLUE SWIRL I CAN SEE MY DAUGHTER EVERY TIME I TURN MY CAR ON AND WAITING FOR IT TO LOAD
on January 21, 2013
I've moved this Headunit from 2 different cars and still love it. It's starting to become a little outdated and the maps no longer have an update but it works great.
on June 18, 2010
I love this product and recommend to any one. But only the disadvantage is maps are not to upto date. Mine is a 11years old car it definitely gave a whole new look to the car. Bluetooth works perfectly fine.
I Installed at Bestbuy and they did a good job.
Ravi

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.