Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,284 reviews
on August 13, 2014
I am not a dancer nor do I have any previous experience with ballet slippers, but I do know a quality shoe when I see one. I wasn't happy with the options at retail stores in my area, so I found these on Amazon for less than what I would have paid in store.

My 3 yr old wears size 8.5 normally, even fits into a size 8--so I read these reviews and ordered up (size 10 D). "D" is the normal width and was perfect. These fit with only a little room to spare, so I think I will actually exchange them for size 10.5 D. They run extremely small.

I ordered both the Capezio Daisy 205 Ballet Shoe (Ballet Pink,10 N US Toddler) and the Bloch Dance Bunnyhop Slipper Ballet Flat (Pink,10 D US Toddler). Please see the pictures for comparison that I posted in the image gallery.

Both shoes are extremely well made and have nice leather flexible soles for movement.

The Bloch Bunnyhop shoes win in my comparison. I wanted a PINK ballet slipper to match the other shade of pink that is sold in most dance shops for leotards, tights, etc. These are perfect!! The lining in the Capezio shoes is nice, and I like the name tag. Unfortunately, they look too "nude" and won't match the pink leotard and tights that we own. And for that reason I will be sending them back and keeping the Block Bunnyhops.

The other reason that I like the Bunnyhops is that the elastic string can be pulled tight in the front, and it cinches up the rest of the shoe all the way around the ankle, for a tighter fit. The Capezios have an elastic string but it wasn't efficient in cinching up the shoe to make it smaller or tighter. It was just for looks.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 17, 2016
These shoes are super cute and very well made. I loved the leather smell right out of the box. They are more of a nude shade. I was so confused on what size to order. My daughter is 2 1/2 and in the 50th percentile for weight and height. She wear a size 7- 7.5 shoe. They were out of the 8.5 so I had to decide between the 8 or the 9 unless I wanted the 8.5 narrow or the 8.5 wide. I chose the 8 regular. When I pulled it out of the box the shoes seemed SOO TINY! I thought for sure they would never fit but to my suprise they fit perfect! I would buy again. I wouldnt say that she has a lot of room to grow into that much, but for less than $20 i dont mind. We should get maybe 6 months use out of them I'm guessing.
on November 8, 2013
Pictures tell 1000 words, so please see my picture. As of early November 2013, Amazon's description for these slippers states that they are sized like street shoes, as does Capezio's website. However, you can see from my picture that that is clearly not the case. My daughter wears a 6.5 to 7 and I thought she'd have room to grow in a size 7.5...obviously, not so much.

There were many reviews for these ballet shoes that said that the sizing was off, yet others that said the sizing is consistent with street shoe sizing. Amazon's description currently states that these are in street shoe sizes, however, to be extra sure I went to Capezio's website, which confirmed that these shoes should be in street shoe sizes. The size chart can be found on Capezio's website here (I hope Amazon doesn't delete this link!):
capezio.com/site/co-template/charts/footwear-childrens.jpg

So as of November 2013, these shoes run several sizes too small...so much, in fact, that I don't feel like I can reorder them because I would have no idea what size to get.
review image
22 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2016
I bought these for my 3 year old daughter for her Intro to dance/movement class. They are very well made and really cute. According to the description, you can order street shoe size to fit properly and I unfortunately did not have time to try and print the size sheet. I read mixed reviews of people where some said street shoe size was perfect and others said that they turned out too small. I took my chance with street shoe size and they are too small on my daughter. I can get them on her feet and she says they don't hurt, however, you can see her toes do not have enough room in the shoe. I'm sure after enough use, the leather would stretch, but not enough to properly accommodate her foot. I am still happy with the purchase and for the short time she wears them, I think she is ok. If she continues with dance, I will probably purchase shoes through dance school or physical store to ensure proper fit.
on August 10, 2016
I will definitely buy again! This is the second pair of these ballet shoes we have purchased for our 3 year old. She is smaller for her age and I originally purchased her the size smaller that ended up being really just barely too small. I think the sizing chart was very accurate, I just usually assume a little smaller for her. These shoes are constructed beautifully and are very well made for such a great price so when she decided to continue with ballet classes, we ordered her the next size so she would be more comfortable. The color matches her pink tights nicely and isn't too bright or too pink. The width is perfect for a normal foot and they really look like quality ballet slippers when compared to some of her classmates shoes that were purchased elsewhere. I would recommend double knotting the bow on the front of the shoe as ours seems to come undone more often if we don't, but this is the absolute only recommendation I can think of for these shoes as otherwise they are exactly what we have been looking for.
As three year olds go, my daughter is no exception and would certainly let me know if there was anything uncomfortable or not to her liking with her shoes, but instead she loves to wear them and we had to buy cheap ballet "slippers" for our house to keep her from wearing these all day every day! I am very happy with both pairs we have purchased and I will definitely buy another set when these become too small.
on December 31, 2016
Due to reviews....I ordered a size up for my 5 year old daughter. She has just started wearing a size 10, we ordered an 11M.
Sizing up was Not the right decision.

The width was fine- she has a pretty typical "medium" width foot now that she is older & these were fine in that regard, if not a little loose.
However, they were Definitely at least a sz too large for her. Much too long.

My advice: order their current size OR order a couple pairs in different sizes if you are concerned & return what doesn't work
As a former dancer (& a daughter of such as well), I do know how these should fit her feet.
If she were older, she should not have extra space in the shoe. Since she is still growing, a little space is okay, if not preferred.
However, it's obvious that ordering a size up in these leaves them much too long & will cause her to trip, etc.
I should have followed Capezio's own sizing guidelines, rather than the reviews here, as they list these as being true to size. They are correct in our experience.

Ordering her current street shoe size will still leave a bit of room at the end of the toes for growth, but will not be so long they are hazardous.
The quality of these ballet slippers is excellent. Granted, I've always been a bit partial to Capezio.. This Daisy style is a little less flat than the classic Teknik's, if you are familiar with those. I think this Daisy style is excellent for little girls like mine whose feet are a little thicker up and down (if that makes since- not width, but actual thickness) than some. I may even order a pair for myself.
The pink is classic & beautiful. The lining is cute & feels comfortable. The name tag inside is a great touch, though I am a little concerned as to whether or not they will cause a little irritation upon dancing. I will update if they Do. The edging does not rub her heel/ankle when cinched. The full sole is just as expected and nice. The leather is soft but durable & not too thin nor too thick.
These really are quite lovely!

These are a great buy & I do not forsee any problems with these in her correct size.
However, Do order in their current street shoe size first...
on August 8, 2016
My daughter wears size 7 in regular shoes, and I purchased size 8.5M according to other reviewers, which fit her perfectly. (I'm so glad I took their sizing advice). I ordered the pink, and it looks just like the picture, great quality material. You can even tighten the lace for an even more snug fit. My only complaint is that the knot tied from the string comes undone quite often (at least once or more every time she wears them), even when I double tie the knot, this is only reason I'm giving it a 4 stars.
on July 27, 2015
Will work fine for beginning dance for 4 yr old. I bought this to compare to bloch's slipper. The bottom sole is a bit wider especially in toe area so less chance of slipping but not sure how would affect an older dancer with more need to turn, balance, etc. The leather was equally good quality on both. I preferred the bloch inner footbed better as it's a softer suede like piece and the capezio is more like thin canvas. Capezio ran smaller than Bloch. The capezio has shorter toe length so may be better for shorter wider feet and bloch better for longer, more narrow feet. The elastic band is nicer on capezio because it has a soft backing. Both held securely for us.
review image review image
on September 15, 2016
Love these ballet slippers! My five year old daughter needed black ballet slippers for her ballet class and we absolutely love these slippers and we know we love only leather slippers so I decided to give these a try and they are so comfortable on her and fit her perfect, she wears a size 12, her feet are 28cm on one foot and slightly over on the other so I got her a size 12. The band around the top of her feet fit just right. They are not too tight or too loose.They are very well made and definitely love how good sewn they are inside and out. The split sole is great! You can tell how much my daughter loves them other than her telling me is the way she does her moves in them. I will definitely order the other colors in these slippers.
I definitely recommend getting these ballet slippers, they are wonderful quality.
review image review image
on May 24, 2016
These darling little ballet slippers fit just as I was hoping they would. My daughter usually wears a 10/10.5 street shoe and her previous ballet slippers (I got those from Target this past Fall in black) were size 11 (at that time she was barely in size 10 street shoes). She was supposed to wear pink shoes for her recital last week so I was hoping that if I bought her size 12's that they would be a little big but not too big (so she could wear them for the coming Fall season) that I could tighten them and she'd be fine dancing in them. They were just as I hoped and just a little big but just fine when tightened and tied.