Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on August 17, 2010
I wrote my original review yesterday with one star and a very poor review, essentially stating this was the wrong product.

Today I received email with instructions on what I was missing on the install.

This item does work with the 1501, but is different then the original screen. So part that screw into the original just basically sit there, etc.

While I am OK with this, the instructions should have been provided with the product or at least emailed when the item was shipped. This would have saved a lot of frustration as well as a second disassembly/reassembly. Given the number of snap in plastic pieces that are likely to break with repeated disassembly, less disassembly is a good thing.

All in all the product works in the machine, but it's certainly not a mirror image of the original and is modified slightly. The needed instructions should have been provided up front.
on October 10, 2011
I am a network tech and about a month ago at work I accidentally shattered the LCD screen on my Dell laptop and I though there goes $500.00+ and all my data. I had always been under the mistaken impression that lap tops were impossible to fine parts for and were somewhat disposable. Regardless, when I got home to my desk top computer, I ran a search on Google and found that the proper replacement screen was in fact available and only about $100.00. My search also turned up several how to videos on youtube.com and in a mater of minutes of receiving the delivery (about 48 hours after the indecent) I was back up and running with a nice bright new screen. Now how convenient is that.

The only tools required were a box knife to open the the packaging and a Philip's head jewelers screwdriver. The whole process too me under 5 minutes. Since then I have rejuvenated my Dell laptop with a new keyboard, larger hard drive and 2 gb ram upgrade. I figure the increased performance and replacement parts got me an extra couple years out of this Dell and saved me allot of money.

AJ

DaggerMedia
on July 25, 2012
The screen works perfectly well. There are two things to know:

First: There is a piece at the bottom of the LCD screen which needs to be saved from your old LCD screen, and it cannot be screwed into place in the new screen, but after all the other screws and casing is back in place, it makes absolutely no difference.

Second: The other thing is that your 30 pin clip from your computer (which attaches to the upper back side of the LCD display) may have a couple of plastic siding clips to keep the connection in place which will need to be cut off with nail clippers or something to make the connection on the new screen. After that however, both connections work.

So: The screen works well. SOOOOO much better than buying a new computer. There are two small work-arounds necessary.
on April 16, 2012
There might have been a bit of documentation provided, but with some common sense, it wasn't hard to replace the screen. This product performs as well as the original screen. I bought a different replacement screen a couple years ago, and it was not nearly as bright as the original screen; I worried that would be the case here, too, but this is as good as the original. Pay attention when you take the bezel and old screen apart, have a tiny set of jewelers screwdrivers available, because some of the screws are very small. This screen costs about half the cost of a screen from Dell.
on September 19, 2012
This product arrived on time and packaged well. The install went well without any problems with the fit. However, the display is not nearly as bright as the original screen and the keyboard brightness/dimmer button didn't work correctly. I will try another supplier the next time.
on February 13, 2011
I had a problem with my original screen from my Dell Inspiron 1501, so I looked around for a replacement screen. I looked around and found this one top be the best deal, I received the screen in about a week and replaced it. It works no problem now!
on December 18, 2012
Works good and I hope that all products are of the same quality, I have several days testing and is a magnificent product

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.