Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on August 22, 2010
Overall, I'm happy with this camera. The "shortcomings" I list below don't affect me very much. It has way more modes than are necessary, but once you find which ones you really need, you can just ignore the rest (like the mode for photographing food dishes).

There are three shortcomings for this camera.
1- Pictures in low light rooms. I have tried many modes that are suppose to be made for low light pictures and still can't get very clear images. You would probably have to use a tripod to keep the camera absolutely still.
2- Every so often the camera just locks up. You have to remove the battery, insert the battery, turn the camera off, then turn the camera back on to be able to start taking pictures again. This doesn't happen very often but the first time it causes you to miss a picture, you'll be pretty upset with it.
3- Video pauses every 10-15 seconds. I haven't determined yet if this is something I can fix using a different video player. When video files were transferred to my computer they pause/skip a few frames about every 10-15 seconds. I don't take much video so this wasn't a big issue for me.
on May 26, 2010
I have used this camera for a couple of weeks and have found it to be a great buy. I wanted a very compact camera to carry basically anywhere and this fit the bill. It has a wide range of options that I am still trying to master. One negative I have found so far, and it may be user error, is the pictures blur very easily as the magnification is increased.
on January 30, 2010
I am a novice, and I use it for family pictures and videos. It does the job perfectly! The Pentax brand stands up well to the beating delivered by a family with several toddlers and young children. I like all of the settings, helping me to be a better photographer than I actually am. My only difficulty with the camera is that one of the settings delivers two flashes, so my family would forget and moves as soon as the first flash occured. With several reminders, though, my family has gotten used to it, so now our pictures turn out beautifully! Plus, if I just use a different setting, it's not a problem! One thing I really like: my old Pentax wouldn't take pictures of my son playing b-ball in a gym very well. This model does a great job of taking indoor photos of moving objects with the proper amount of flash!
on October 11, 2010
Easy to use, high quality photos, easy to upload to computer (I have a Mac). Slim model, easy to carry in purse. Love this camera!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.