Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 926 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,070 reviews
on November 27, 2010
I was hesitant to buy this because there are so many reviews that say the color transfer was bad, but it seemed to be the only option to own this movie, so I decided to risk it. Colors on our copy were brilliant and the sound quality was great and clear - much, much better than the worn out video I grew up with. The Grinch was definitely very green. I assume that there must have been a problem with a batch of these DVDs that has since been fixed. I'm really happy with this purchase.
33 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2016
Love the original of this and the picture quality looks good. However, we did not actually receive a 50th Anniversary Edition, but instead it was deceptively packaged. The outer cardboard/paper sleeve was for the 50th Anniversary Edition, but the case and disc were the 2009 edition. (The original came out in 1966, thus we are right at 50 years now.) Additionally, the redemption card inside towards a digital copy expired several years ago, long before the "50th Anniversary Edition" was ever released. I don't know if this is the studio/manufacturer just engaging in deceptive marketing or if the seller/Amazon warehouse just made the switch to get rid of older copies thinking it would go unnoticed.
on December 9, 2010
I wanted to take the time to post this comment because I know that the re-colorized version has a horrible BROWN Grinch and that some comments mention their copy of the DVD had the same "ugly" Grinch. I almost didn't buy it because of that fact but decided to purchase it anyway since my daughter loves it so much and I didn't think she would mind a brown Grinch. However to my pleasant surprise he was green and, in fact, the colors were beautiful! As for the story - it's a classic that leaves me a bit teary-eyed in the end.
on December 12, 2016
Folks, I am on my second copy because the outer packaging for the 50th edition is not what is inside but an older copy. My copy was even stamped made in Mexico and the copy was very wrinkled. There is something very deceptive about this!!! The older copy is $7.xx while the newer copy is $11.xx. There is at least one other reviewer in here with the same experience. Careful! I am returning for a second time.
on December 27, 2013
I have loved this movie since I was a kid, but honestly it just looks weird in blu ray form. I guess I'm just too used to watching it on VHS & DVD. But I'm sure you know what I mean- some movies the clarity of blu ray is beautiful, and some movies, well, it just looks cold and stark and, well, weird. I think I'll stick to watching this one on regular DVD.
on June 24, 2016
I don't know many people who've never watched (or at least heard of) the Grinch. He's synonymous with Christmastime.. When someone is grumpy or negative around during the Christmas season you might call him a Grinch (or a Scrooge..). I have friends who love this movie so much that it's a traditional Christmas past time they can't wait to get to. I purchased this Blu-ray version of the Grinch as a gift for one of these friends and I am so happy with the reaction I got! Now I get to be part of their Christmas tradition every time they put this on. The Blu-ray version is good quality, although I'm not sure how much better a picture, from a cartoon that came out so long ago, can become just by changing the medium in which it is played. I wanted something that wouldn't become obsolete, gave the best possible quality, and would last as long as it could. This product has held up in all those categories and I would recommend it to anyone.
on March 21, 2017
The show itself is one of the most brilliant works of art ever made.

The DVD is good but the Grinch is a little too neon green. I'm still going to hang on to the VHS that I watch every year.
on January 4, 2013
This is one of my favorite Christmas specials. The quality of this DVD is very well done, it looks as well on the televison, as when it was first aired on television. This DVD has some special features on it, as well. Overall, a great purchase. If you are a fan of the Grinch, you'll be glad to purchase this DVD.
on March 12, 2017
Would have gave 1 star but my kids liked it so I gave 2. Definitely not what I expected...thought it would've been a longer version...
on April 24, 2017
We love the Grinch!! It reminds me of my childhood. Such a classic!