Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 25, 2011
It's handsome. The face is large, and the case is thick in line with today's trend to larger and heavier watches. My prior watch was a very thin twenty five year old Raymond Weil, but the change has been easy.

Here's what I think you'll want to know:

1. This watch looks great. The details are just right. Handsomer on your wrist than in a photo. It can be had in white face, with metal band, etc, if you prefer.
2. Large face means Day/date and the second hand counter (at nine o'clock position) are easy to see.
3. Waterproof. My watch is often under gloves or at least splashed with water many times daily. There is an option for a handsome rubber strap, too.
4. The buckle adjusts on the strap so you can precisely choose your fit. It's not plus or minus one link, no jeweler required. You can adjust it anytime in seconds.
5. Amazon is not an authorized dealer. So you won't find a TAG Heuer warranty card in the box. Amazon provides their own two year warranty which covers pretty much everything. That's double TAG's one year warranty. I find it has advantages over the "authorized" deal. I am comfortable with it because Amazon is trustworthy in my experience, and they are everywhere. Not so TAG dealers. This is the trade off for the better pricing. You decide if you are comfortable with it.
6. You have a 30 day return window. This was key for me.
7. Amazon's customer service for fine watches is different. Very impressive. They call and email you, and you have a toll free number to call without the usual procedure used to get a call back from customer service.

Someone commented that Amazon's price is $600 too high. I haven't found better from a dealer one can trust. Kudos to anyone who does. Let us know!
66 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 12, 2012
I liked this watch very much and when the chronograph's minute hand fell off the second day of ownership I decided to keep it and trust it to Amazon's repair service under its own Amazon warranty. The repairs are done through a jeweler in Kentucky and I sent it to them. I got it back withing four weeks and to date it runs perfectly. Now, keep in mind that Tag uses a very generic and long-standing ETA movement for this watch so that its repair should not be too daunting, nevertheless I write this for people who wonder Amazon really stands behind the fine watches it sells. I give it five stars for my experience.
on November 3, 2012
This is a very attractive watch and with leather band that I prefer over steel ones. It is comfortable to wear as well. True to the brand, it is precise and useful. It demands a second look from everyone that sees it. Prized possession. Best price on Amazon.
on May 6, 2012
I recently purchased this watch and I fell in love with it as soon as I opened up the case. The sporty style it portrays, the quality of material, and attention to detail put on making this watch makes every penny spent on it worth it! The leather strap on this watch is of high quality.. if you try to look for imperfections (as I did) you will hardly find any I guess.

I have Baume & Mercier 8591 Classima Chronograph which I bought a little over a year ago; it is gorgeous too but too classy (nothing bad), I get plenty of compliments from the more mature audience. However, for a young guy like me attending university, I can wear this TAG daily while dressing sporty. The Capeland line from B&M is a strong competitor to this watch but fell for this one due to the special pricing held this weekend. Still, I may get the Capeland next!

In short, if you are in the market looking for a sports watch, this is it. Nothing negative to say about this watch (yet) and with 2 years warranty service on it, I don't think I can complaint -so I hope- as Amazon's customer service is superb.

===========
Update 10/24/2012 -5 Months after purchase-
===========

This watch is the bomb! Lot's of compliments and no mechanical failures whatsoever so far. The only thing I have noticed is that the watch gains a minute every 2 or 3 weeks, so I have to adjust the time monthly (if you happen to be picky as I am in regards time keeping).

I am eying its big brother (Tag Heuer Men's CAR2111.FC6266 Carrera Silver Dial Dress Watch) next or one of the Baume&Mercier Capeland line.

Nice grown up watch to have!

M.A.
on February 11, 2015
Beautiful watch. Arrived exactly as expected. I agree with the other comments that the pictures don't do it justice. Be aware that the back of the watch is NOT transparent (at least the one I received in Feb 2015) despite the answers to the question.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 4, 2017
Amazing watch, very high quality. Nothing more to say.
on September 4, 2015
This is most assuredly the best watch I have ever owned. I just got it today and I'm already in love with it. WHAT A GREAT WATCH !!!!!
on September 13, 2012
Looks better in person.. Great watch! High quality materials, big face, great detail. This is my new favorite watch for daily use.
on February 9, 2015
as described
on November 5, 2012
Beautiful and wonderful machine. The face is large, and the case is thick in line with today's trend to larger and heavier watches