Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 179 reviews
on January 23, 2016
This is a great cap. The material is a sort of worsted wool blend--tough, yet comfortable. It's not the woolen type material that I am used to with Kangols, but I really do prefer it, to the point that I think that I might get another in a different color. It's a great cap to pop on when you want a little coverage, but you don't necessarily want to put on a baseball type cap.

Only negative is the headband inside. I wear the L/XL, and the fit is great, but the material of the band itself is just a little irritable to my skin. Not enough to actually irritate or inflame the skin, but it chafes just a bit. I think that this will diminish with more wear time. Just a great hat.
on May 4, 2013
Kangol is well known for their flat caps, whether it be the 504 or 507 models. The so-called "Flexfit Fashionable Sleek Cap" is neither of those, instead being a style often known as a "newsboy" cap. (The most obvious difference between a flat cap and a newsboy cap is the latter has both a squatchee on top and is usually of eight-panel construction.)

Beyond the aesthetic differences, I found there is not a great deal of difference between, say, the Kangol 504 and this cap. The sizing is near identical, so if a Kangol flat cap fits you, so should this one. They even look quite similar when seated atop your head, the main difference being this cap has both a lower crown and wider sides, so it might look a bit "bloated" compared to the rather sleek look of the Kangol flat caps.

The material used to make this cap is mainly acrylic with some wool, so it's going to have a look and feel much like the older New Era baseball caps (models prior to 2007 were almost entirely wool.) This means it's NOT a particularly lightweight or cool cap, and thus may not be the best to wear in very hot weather. (I'd recommend the Tropic models from Kangol if you want something lightweight and breathable.) However, the elastic sweatband does a great job at both fitting your head and wicking away moisture, so you don't have to worry about sweat getting into your eyes.

Overall, it's a really nice cap, one I enjoy wearing often, and I particular like the green "Loden" color. If you're into this style of cap, you might want to pick it up in a few different colors and sizes, as all of them are going to fit slightly differently on your head.
on March 27, 2014
The wool version of this hat is warmer than the woven ones and works in weather as cold as about 25 degrees F (for me). Good coverage, a well made wool hat that I enjoy wearing. I'm building a collection of colors in this model (different styles and weaves) and replacing my Nike running hats in everyday use. I have this in black and scarlet, the latter of which looks red to me. I guess scarlet sounds cooler. I think historically that these hats are called "newsboy" hats.

My barber tells me that in aging men hair is overrated. He tells me this after cutting what is left of my hair and charging me a hat's worth for doing so. :>[[ I think I've decided that hats are cheaper, less painful, and more fun than transplants.Women seem to like them too.

There's a lot of discussion about hat sizes. My size is a 7 5/8th which translated into a large. I bought a different style of this hat first to check sizing, and then this hat. The two hats seem consistently sized. Amazon's sizing chart worked for me.

I've also read that these hat were better made 10 or 15 years ago before production was offshored from England. I can't speak to that. These hats are reasonably made, but not exquisitely made. They should last.

I see hats of these types in high end hat stores locally (not Kangols) and those hats are only a little more expensive than the ones I'm finding here on Amazon. So I have to say that Kangols on Amazon are not an amazing value (as many things are), but the convenience of shopping and getting exactly what you want makes this a good place to buy these kinds of hats. This was a good purchase.
on January 21, 2012
I got this for my husband and told him this it the "grown-up version of the ball-cap". He hated it, until he wore it and everyone (esp. the women!) started telling him how dapper and cool he looked. Love this hat and it looks so good. Well made and not hot to wear.
on March 31, 2015
The hat looks very nice (just not on me) and seems to be of high quality. Immediately upon taking it out of the box, my wife said that it looks too big. While it fit well on my head because of the elastic band, it did look larger than I would have hoped for. Several days later I wore the hat when my grandchildren came to visit and the youngest one was very excited because I was wearing my "clown hat". Then the older ones started to taunt me on my clown hat. I realized that I had deluded myself on thinking that the hat looked only slightly large. Regrettably, I'm returning the hat because instead of making me look sexy and suave, it makes me look like Bozo. If you have a smallish head, this hat may not be for you, otherwise it's very nice.
on November 22, 2012
Simple hat but very comfortable. I like that the brim of the hat is a little more receptive to curving (similar to a baseball hat). I can wear it all day without feeling like it's squeezing my head and it is surprisingly resilient to water from light rain.
on April 13, 2015
Good hat, fits as expected. I was hoping the Loden would have a bit more of a grey cast to it. The picture appears to be almost a dark olive green with a grey cast.. but the hat itself seems to be just a full out olive green. Not a big enough issue to return it, I still wear it all the time and love the hat. As somewhat a stylish guy(at least in my eyes) I wont be able to wear with some of my shirts I originally had hoped to. Perhaps I am being a bit to picky, but it is my true opinion nonetheless. Color should be advertised as olive rather than loden.
on August 6, 2016
Picked this up to replace another Kangol plaid hat I've nearly worn out. This one was okay but not quite as comfortable as my previous cap. Also the cut was really strange. Looks like it's slightly larger on one side near the back of the cap so I'm constantly pushing it in there to try to make it symmetrical. Not sure if that was an anomaly with the one I received or with this entire model.
on December 23, 2013
I have two Ventair 504s (the perforated warm-weather version of this hat), also in XXL, and they fit beautifully and are proportionate to my giant Irish head. I usually take a 7-3/4 or 7-7/8 depending on the hat.

This one seems a tiny bit bigger than my other 504s -- not loose or anything, just... generously cut -- and sort of sits on my ears a bit. It's also somewhat scratchy (I'm bald up top) compared to other wool caps I own. There is of course no lining; it's just one piece of wool. I expect this will go away after a while; other scratchy hats I've owned usually smooth out with wear.

I still love this hat and the way it looks. I wear it with the brim forward.
on March 27, 2013
If you have green or light-brown eyes, buy this! This will grab girls' attention (not like "peacocking" attention, but they will notice you. No joke, 3 girls who've I had my eye on for a while came up and talked to me the day I put this on. This is now my lucky cap). Like a previous reviewer said, this is like a baseball cap, but for adults, and it's true. It is something different, and I like it. And believe me, this is coming from a guy who doesn't go clothes shopping a whole lot.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.