Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 407 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 421 reviews
on October 7, 2015
This thing couldn't get any less screen accurate if it tried. I ordered, this, tried it on, and immediately returned it. First off, it's scratchy as hell. If it had looked remotely like it did in the picture, I would have let it go. The collar is completely the wrong shape and it's HUGE! Great if you wanna show off some cleavage, not so great if you're a guy and don't have boobs. Also, it doesn't have the sleeve braids. If you want a cheapo TOS redshirt, buy a cheapo long sleeve shirt, a black fabric marker, and a first season TOS emblem. Color the collar black, sew the emblem on, there ya go. If you really want to go for accuracy, get some gold trim for the sleeves and hot glue or sew it on. All that will get you a WAY more authentic redshirt than this, and it'll be cheaper. It looks like they were trying to make a TOS shirt, but someone put the collar for the "Into Darkness" shirts on it and screwed it up. Lame.
review image review image
on December 10, 2016
Not super accurate, and the material is scratchy. Whomever made this particular one made the gold lines (which signify rank) too far apart from each other and it looks rather silly.

If you're like me and a mite on the chunky side (I am not obese, however), this material clings unattractively and isn't very forgiving.

Anyway, it functioned enough for Halloween, but this experience inspired me to get my own sewing machine and make my own. I'm reasonably certain, with very little practice, I could make a better product.
review image review image
on January 6, 2015
A lot of reviewers complained about the snug fit - this is not really a problem unless you have a large belly. The texture was not particularly a problem either. This is a recognizable costume that you can wear to parties and possibly conventions but, as other reviewers have stated, it looks distinctly different enough from the original costume not to be the best choice for the serious, dedicated cosplayer. My MAIN complaint is over something rather glaring: I ordered the blue uniform with the intent of cosplaying as Animated Series-era Doctor McCoy (the uniform comes with commander's rank stripes - you may remember McCoy was only a Lieutenant Commander in the live action original series). The shade of blue of the costume is.... well, entirely too light for the medium blue of the uniforms worn by science/medical officers in the original series. This uniform is closer to a Robin's Egg. Again, it's still recognizable, but (perhaps as a nitpicky fan) I found myself incredibly irritated by this. Please take this into account when considering the possibility of purchasing this version of the costume.
on June 19, 2014
I bought this as a quick and simple costume to wear with black jeans for work on Halloween. I work in retail and I wanted a costume that would look good without interfering with my ability to move around and do my job. I am a huge fan of the original series of Star Trek so of course I wanted the Command Gold Captain Kirk shirt. (I was afraid that if I bought the red shirt I would be killed fifteen minutes into my shift.)
It's not the highest quality available, but look at the price. For the price it's a good quality product. It is not a perfect clone of the shirts worn on the series but it's a decent facsimile.
I'm someplace between a medium and a large as far as fit goes and the large size fit me perfectly. If you are always a large then it might run a little small and you should get the extra large. Anyway...It was a big hit at work and I couldn't be happier.
on November 2, 2014
Snug. And the fabric is thin. I'd suggest you wear a girdle like Shatner did, but it would be very visible through the fabric. The screen print badge is silver instead of gold, and it's comically tiny. The Spock shirt came with a picture of Shatner on the packaging (okay, that was pretty amusing). As others have noted, the V neck is much larger than the picture. To make this somewhat work for hubby, I purchased a compression mock turtleneck for him to wear under it, both to add fabric to the neck area, and to suck everything in so the tiny shirt would fit. It's truly unfortunate that there are no options in between this awful, cheap monstrosity, and the $300 screen-quality version. Come on, costume people. You're missing a market, here.
on September 17, 2014
Listen to the reviews. take your measurement and order one size larger. also expect a color closer to orange than gold. The Insignia is also inaccurate. it's not terrible but it's not as advertised. It still serves its purpose if you're just going to a costume party.
review image
on April 3, 2015
I was pleased with this costume shirt. One thing I'll point out is that the rank stripes on the sleeves aren't spaced quite as they should be. On the show, Spock's 2 stripes are closer together. Kirk's are farther apart like that. It's a technicality that won't affect people knowing who you are, but might bother someone who's a stickler for accuracy.

I'm a fairly small female and so ordered a small. I assumed they were men's sizes and so would still be quite big, but was pleased to discover the shirt isn't very baggy on me at all- slightly but it's a decent fit, so all I had to do was hem the bottom up (it was as long as a short dress on me!) and shorten the sleeves a little as well.
Keep in mind it's made to be pretty tight fitting and it's also pretty long. You might want to order a size bigger than your usual shirt size if you're concerned about tightness, but it may end up being a bit too long.
on May 22, 2015
I read the review and was hesitant to order, but did anyway. My son is 18 and not big but he has a bigger belly due to medical problems. We always purchase xl, so we ordered the xl in this. The fit was great, the sleeves were not too long. He has a skinny neck so he wore a black t shirt underneath and it looked great. The gold around the arms was metallic and gold. The emblem seemed to be the right size for the shirt even though I had read that it was too small. The shirt looked great on him. We were very pleased with this purchase.
on February 11, 2016
This is a comfortable shirt, good design, and looks like it should from the Star Trek Original Series. It is a little itchy on the sleeve where the gold rank bands are sewn in, but with a little trimming the problem was solved. The material feels comfortable and breathes. I have a lot of walking around to do at the cons (conventions), and this doesn't make me sweat any more than I already do.
The waste is a little on the tight side. I used to be in shape, but even so, this shows that I haven't worked out in a while. I have gotten compliments on it, though. It was especially entertaining wearing it to the latest Star Wars movie. Mostly positive reactions and a lot of laughs!
I do like wearing it and can move around normally for the most part. It feels like I am a member of Starfleet and exploring strange new worlds.
on April 29, 2015
I am 5'10, 180lbs and I purchesed the Large size. The shirt was a LITTLE BIT small, but not a lot. These shirts are supposed to fit snugly (just look at the model!) so it was difficult for me to choose between "fit as expected" and "somewhat small," but ultimately I think the average American male in the age range of wanting to buy this shirt would likely prefer just a little more roominess in their shirts.

The material is a polyester blend that feels pretty scratchy too, so I would have been happier with the next size larger if for no other reason than to be able to wear a t-shirt underneath it.

But for the money, this was an excellent buy. I bought it for a 1970's costume party (yea, I know the Original series aired in the late 60's, but it didn't become super popular until the 70's) and it was a hit. I didn't get spock ears or hair; that would REALLY have made it work. But whatever--this was my outfit, and people immediately recognized it with my human ears and bald head!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.