Truck Season Automotive Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 9, 2011
This lens is great for travel photography or run-and-gun type shoots. You get just about as wide as you'd ever need, and impressively close all in one lens. The zoom motion is extremely smooth for those DSLR video shooters, and the Image Stabilizer works extremely well. Auto focus is good with light. On my trip to africa I got to use a friends L glass though, and let me tell you if you can wait and save up for some L glass, DO IT. But for a low budget lens, this is a power house!

I suggest pairing this with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens to give you the ability of shooting in low light. This lens is great but it is a f/3.5.
11 people found this helpful
on June 6, 2012
Have used this lens for several of the programs we bought it for and are very pleased,
instead of constantly changing lens we use one lens to get wide angle and close ups.
on May 24, 2012
I bought this lens to function as the primary for our production's EOS DSLR, and it has filled the role very well. The imagery is incredibly clear, the zoom has a broad enough range to offer both micro and macro scenes, and the focus offers beautiful depth of field. I highly recommend it.
on November 3, 2015
Amazing lens. Very versatile with an amazing depth of field range.
on December 12, 2012
THIS IS A GREAT CANON LENS, AND THE REFURBISHED ONE IS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE NEW ONE. YOU JUST SAVE MONEY !!!
on July 15, 2012
This lens worked fine, it focuss so fast as an ulotrasonic one. The results were excellent and I'm very happy with this canon lens.
on March 20, 2012
This is a very good lens, very handy and good for almost any situation. Quality of the pictures is excellent (considering what you are paying for) and is excellent as "my only" lens.
on October 3, 2012
This is a good lens. I had ordered one previously from the same seller and was happy with the deal. The second lens doesn't work upon arrrival. The autofocus doesnt work and can only be used in Manual Focus mode
2 people found this helpful