Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on November 21, 2009
I bought this computer and loved it-- this is my updated review--
I made my original review a day or 2 after I got it, I was so happy.
A little over a month later my computer that doesnt have a whole bunch of stuff going on in it nothing....
Blue screened, shut down gave a bunch of error messages,
I called HP support, it was after hours so I got some guy from another country thatI could barely understand but was polite and had me do a complete factory setting restore, I did that my computer worked fine for a day or so.
Then once again, blue screened. I called HP support again, this time was within normal business hours and got a guy that was extremely rude, and I explained my computer is too new to have these issues... he didnt want to listen to me, he had me do something to find my hard drive or something, it failed, he actually told me I did it wrong, so I told him lets do it again, we did and again failed, he said things happen and I have to call with the issue 3 times to get it sent in and fixed........ What is that?!?! Its a brand new computer!! Anyway, I then called Squaretrade thinking maybe they will help and they wont help because HP still warranties it. Needless to say, my computer will not open windows explorer now at all, it just blue screens and restarts over and over... I called HP once again, it is now after hours and the guy said this shouldnt be happening its too new of a computer... but I can send it in and 7-9 business days my computer may be fixed.
I am very unhappy about this.
I AM SO DISAPPOINTED! THIS COMPUTER IS CUTE AND SMALL -
But, this is my first and last HP

--------------------below is my original untouched review -----------

When I order things on Amazon I normally make sure I read the reviews. But at the time I purchased this there was one review and it was a 1 STAR... the person was just upset over a wire I guess...

Anyway,
I have went thru 5 computers in 3 years, each time I bought a new computer there was so many different things I had to do to get it going and it was a pain at times...

I was hesitant on buying an all in one... the thought kind of worried me, like what if there is a minor problem and it all broke or something.....
This is my first HP
I know nothing about computers...

I bought this, and as soon as I got it, I only had to connect 2 cords and the computer was ready to go.
Then about 5 minutes later after registering and getting the free norton trial set up, I was online.
It was so simple!

It comes with a keyboard and mouse
Its very attractive and its a huge monitor it looks great!
Takes up little space and dont have to worry about a big ugly computer tower!

Also this Windows 7 that comes installed is GREAT!
I had Vista and I hated Vista, I also used XP- which was ok, but Windows 7 is amazing!

I am so happy with this purchase!
I also bought the 3 year warranty for $50, hopefully I wont need it, but just in case!!!
on August 11, 2010
I bought this computer in December, and for the reasons I bought it I was worth the purchase. It fit the limited space I was using for the PC. A couple of months after use, the computer starting restarting on it's own, and became too persistent to be able to use the machine. At that point I called support. My experience with HP support is much like others have noted, many hours spent on the phone, and some what repetitive, individuals that were difficult to understand and crackling connections (yet not much different from other electronic support). The support process is frustrating if you have some PC experience. After reformatting the OS and replacing the hard drive, the machine went back. I will say I was very pleased with the turn around time of the repair, they replaced the cable to the hard drive and sent it back to me the same day. The machine worked good for another couple of months when the monitor went black, this time I spent only an hour with support to get them to agree that the machine had to be sent back. Since there are very few removable part, if repair/support is needed, it is likely the machine with have to got to HP for warranty work. I have used Compaq and HP desktops, servers , laptops and printers for many years and would not sway me away from their products, yet this machine was not one of their better devices and seems to need some improvement.
on February 1, 2010
I wasn't looking for a heavy duty PC, but something simple and to get the job done. I am a photographer and do minor editing to my works so I didn't need anything major. It has been almost 2 months now since I've had the computer and there hasn't been one issue. I can't say the same for the Dell laptop that replaced this. The first month I had the Dell laptop and there were issues right away. Then again, I take very good care of this computer, and make sure Norton security is always on. My only complaint is the adhesive sticker on the bottom left hand corner. Is it really necessary to have put a sticker there? No. If attempted to remove, it leaves a white residue. So I have left the sticker there. It is a tiny bit of an eyesore. Other then that, the monitor is fantastic. The system run smoothly. And I love Windows 7.
on January 3, 2010
I have been using now for about six weeks. Wanted to wait before posting a review. Easy set up and does the job without the tower. This is an in between type computer-not a laptop but no longer has the tower. HP advertises this product as such. In use in my office, so I have the space for a tower but this takes care of that with the all in one unit. I had to call HP service for one problem and it was handled to my satisfaction. Had to purchase a new printer-(brother 2140) because my old HP inkjet(too old) would not work with Windows 7. Purchased through Amazon and their price was more competitive than HP site. If you are looking for a good bang for the buck computer-give this one a try.
on January 1, 2010
Well a year later I am thoroughly disgusted. Most of the software were trial periods and are now expired, I have a worthless computer with no usable software. HUGE PIECE OF CRAP. so much for my research.

I did quite a bit of research before I decided to buy this particular computer. It was wrapped and put under the tree so I had to wait almost a month to open it. I have to say that we are VERY happy with this computer. I love not having a bulkly tower lurking under the desk. It has everything we wanted.
on January 1, 2010
What a great buy. Great space saver. Comes fully loaded, all I had to do was plug it in. Easy! More manufacturers should build an all-in-one wireless that's not a laptop at such a very reasonable price.
on January 12, 2010
Good computer. Easy to unpack and set up. I can run Napster, Explorer, Word, etc. at the same time without experiencing any slowdown. So far it's been fine for my pedestrian needs and it is an attractive computer.
on October 30, 2009
I bought this PC because I believed that it promised to take up less space on my desktop, and to reduce the "desktop cable clutter". It did NEITHER: the monitor stand is LARGER than the one for my previous monitor---taking up MORE desktop space---and, despite the pictures in the ads, the PC DOES NOT come with a wireless keyboard and mouse, but (IMHO) very rudimentary wired ones, which STILL need to be plugged into the machine, with cables STILL running all around my desktop! As you might have seen from the (original) pictures of this product on Amazon, someone apparently had airbrushed out both the mouse and the keyboard cables from the product illustrations [NOTE: since I first posted my review, an online comment signed "an HP employee" has admitted to now having "updated" the photos on the top left-hand side of the webpage, to finally show the keyboard and mouse cables---however, as of 11/01/09 5:25 PM PST, the lower right-hand side set of product illustrations on the webpage STILL have both the cables airbrushed out.] The "inaccuracy" of the initial erroneous depiction is a pretty big deal to me: now I will either have to ship this PC back---hoping to get reimbursed for the return shipping costs; or, I will have to go out and buy a wireless keyboard and mouse, for an additional cost of roughly 10% of my already-sunk-cost.

Frankly, I wouldn't have bought this PC if I had known that neither of the two input devices were really wireless--as they were clearly depicted to be. I've now decided---back it goes!

In addition, although the screen on this PC is wider than was that of my prior monitor---better for spreadsheets, I suppose---it is much shorter than my prior monitor was, so I find it irritating to try to read or write anything in "portrait" mode on this PC----much less comfortable than reading and writing was with my prior setup. The aspect ratio is difficult for me: it seems at once too wide, and too short; this could just be a personal thing---however, you still might want to physically "eyeball" this PC in a store to make sure you like it, before ordering it online.

When the webpage description mentioned that the monitor adjusted and swiveled, I mistaken supposed that this included pivoting, so that one could use the monitor in a "wide" mode for spreadsheets, and in a "long" mode for typing letters, and for reading various materials. NOT SO! In fact, because the cables enter the PC on each side of the monitor, I can't even turn it on its side, and use Portrait Displays' PIVOT(tm) software, like I could do with the cheap LCD monitor I was using before.
88 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question