Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 815 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 845 reviews
on December 30, 2014
I am 5'4" and 125lbs and ordered the xs, as other reviewers said the cuts run large, which I agree with. The xs fits me great, even with a fleece jacket underneath too. It is very warm by itself though. I wanted a good jacket with an inside pocket, and this one has 2 inside pockets. Love it.
review image review image
22 comments| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2016
My husband has a men's medium which was really big on me, and when I tried on a men's small it fit better. So I ended up getting the women's medium even though I usually wear a women's large. It fits perfect. I am 5'8" , 155 lbs, and a 34D. The sleeves are long enough for me. It's very warm, and it's winter in Colorado. I love the color. It's a nice lavender.
on November 24, 2015
I had this sent to my sister as an early xmas gift while I seen these were still available. In a low key way I asked her what size she wore in a winter coat. And she told me a medium. My sister is really very petite. I would of guessed her for a small. But anyway to cut to the chase here. She called me almost immediately as soon after it arrived at her house to thank me for the coat. My next question was; how does it fit? She said excellently and loved how heavy it was and really commented on the Sherpa lining. She said the big test will come when we get hammered with a snow storm here in Michigan and will have to fire up the snow blower. We usually never get off light especially because we live on the shores of Lake Michigan and Lake Michigan is nothing more than a snow machine. I have the men's version of this jacket in a XL size and I have to say that Carhartt's sizing it right on the money. In my opinion, order your exact size. I love my Carhartt and it passed the test outside snow blowing. You'll never freeze to death wearing a Carhartt jacket. The coat itself will outlive me I am sure. They are the Rolls-Royce of winter jackets. Buy one and you will never regret it that you did.
on May 20, 2017
Great jacket! I'm a thinblooded California native who got this jacket for traveling to Yellowstone (and we got snowed on in 24° weather) and I'm so happy I did. I ordered size medium and it fit very nicely, I'm 5'7" and 120 with a slender/long limbed build. The sleeves are about 2inches up from my wrist when holding my arms straight out from my body, but when do you really walk around with your arms sticking straight out in front of you 😉? When holding my arms naturally the sleeves are a perfect length and the cozy banded wrist part inside the sleeve means no chilling drafts coming up your sleeves. The jacket back rests just below the band of my jeans, so high to mid tailbone area. The seaming in the back panels allows for full arm motion making this jacket great for all the activities we did in addition to giving the jacket a more feminine style/look. I did not layer anything bulky underneath as that it got too tight in the shoulder/armpit area but I stayed very warm anyways. I love the inside pockets, used the zippered one to hold money/ID cards and the Velcro pocket held my huge Samsung 8+ without the phone ever feeling like it was going to fall out. The outside pockets are great for stuffing your hands into while you walk. The fleece lining is nice and didn't leave fuzz on shirts, I even wore black and didn't need a lint roller afterwards. The sleeves not being fleece lined turned out to be nice because long sleeved shirt sleeves go easily in and you're not constantly trying to pull down your shirt sleeves from the jacket sleeve hole. The only thing I'd like to recommend as a possible change is increasing the hood size, with flat hair the edge of the hood barely comes to the edge of my face and with a bun the hood barely covers my ears, and I have a petite head (like have to wear child size hats and glasses frames). Again, so happy with this jacket and I got compliments everywhere we went 😊
on January 9, 2017
I LOVE IT!! Super warm and comfy. It's a Carhartt, so the material is pretty thick and not the most flexible though. The fluffy lining is only on the hood and back, it's not down the sleeves or anything. But it's still really warm and fits me well. I'm 5'7 and 130 lbs and the small isn't too terribly large, but yes, it does fit a bit on the bigger side. There are two inside pockets too which is great. I love it and think it was worth the money.
on October 22, 2015
I waited a few weeks to post this review as I wanted to really get a feel for this coat in a variety of temperatures and conditions.

I am just short of 5' 4" and weigh around 108 lbs. I purchased the Sherpa Lined Sandstone Sierra jacket in "Deep Wine". I chose size X-Small after reading reviews by women of similar size. I have to say that I am overwhelmed with happiness when I wear this coat. I practically live in it. I've always loved the Carhartt brand, though I had some things to pick at with the original styles as they are very boxy and often have a rather masculine fit.

This style however is very feminine, and yet still has the rugged feel that reminds you of its durability and worthiness of the cost. The coat fits wonderfully (will add photos as soon as my SO assists me) and still has room to wear a sweater underneath for additional layers. This is not like the thin, flimsy jackets you'll find in most women's coats categories. The Deep Wine color is also very beautiful and as pictured.

I comfortably wore this jacket with only a shirt underneath while on vacation in the Black Hills this past week. The temperatures at night were in the low 30's and this coat alone was enough. The great part is that wearing the coat on a warmer day, or inside where the temps are warmer (up to 60s), the coat appears to be temp controlled and does not become too warm. Just enough insulation and breathing room at the same time. I cannot wait to harsh the South Dakota winter in this baby.

I could talk for days on how great this coat is. Long story short, this is the coat you want. No questions asked.
on November 8, 2015
I ordered this jacket so I could shoe and ride horses and work around my ranch in it. It is tough, durable, and well made! I bought it a little big thinking I'd need the extra room... (ordered a medium) and well, it turned out I didn't need THAT much room! LOL I am 5'5 approx 98-100 lbs. The waist does NOT have elastic so it just sort of hangs out and looks dorky. I'm sure for a person who has boobs and hips (and a muffin top) that this coat would be perfect. I have none of these... pretty much turn sideways and disappear. I'm not sure if I will reorder a smaller size because it doesn't have the elastic around the bottom. I need something to fit snug around my waist. Still- it is a nice jacket.
on January 10, 2016
This is a great coat. I bought it to keep warm at the barn while riding and taking care of my horse after hearing some of the other boarders rave about how great Carhartts are as barn wear. It is nice and thick and layers really well. The back hem scoops down a bit to keep you covered if you need to bend or lift. It has lots of pockets so I can keep my cell phone, keys, utility knife, and some horse treats on my person easily. The hood is roomy and the jacket stands up to a bit of rain without a problem, which is nice. So far it seems to resist dirt and stains somewhat too, which is a huge bonus around horses! I also really love the sleeves, which have an elastic cuff to keep the cold out. This thing as been a lifesaver on cold nights and mornings.

I would definitely recommend this jacket. It has become an essential part of my wardrobe and I'm sure I'll be replacing it when it wears out.
on April 22, 2016
My husband has the men's version of this and I loved it because it kept me warm. He had told me to buy my own so that he could have his back. So I did, purchasing the Coastline.

For reference, I'm 5'3" 105 lbs.

My jacket arrives and the box is completely damaged. Luckily, my jacket was wrapped in plastic and was not damaged at all. The color was true to what was shown and I immediately loved it. I put it on for fit. It does have lots of room for layering and does seem a bit bulky, but that's what you get when you purchase a Carhartt. If you think this is going to be a jacket you want to be cute in, this is not the jacket for you. This will be my camping, out with nature, being in the country, getting dirty (while staying warm) type of jacket.
on January 19, 2017
So warm & comfy! I have had no problems with the zipper. My bust is 43" & hips are 44.5" the Large is great, even with a hoodie underneath.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.