Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on April 18, 2013
My son is only 3 but he is a big 3 (almost out grown size 5T :( Although it is only April, I knew that it would be very hard to find the perfect sun hat for him so I have been looking now. I wanted something that didn't look dorky and had a chin strap. Since he is quite big for his age, most sun hats that fit him did not come with a chin strap. This hat was PERFECT! I got a size medium and it is excellent! I LOVE that is reversible and the color/pattern is super cool, but age appropriate. Since it was on sale for $10 I got the "red leaf" pattern as well in a size large so that he could switch to that one when he outgrew this one. I would estimate that size small would fit ages 2-4; size medium would fit ages 4-6; and size large would fit ages 6-8 (maybe 10 if your kid is on the smaller side). The shipping was free and the hats came very quickly. Thanks so much Tuga! He can sport these versatile and durable hats for years to come! As an FYI, I suggest knotting the string yourself since you can lose the black plastic clip on the strap (however, if you lost it you could just tie it like a shoe string anyway, so no biggie)
on June 27, 2014
I was drawn to the pattern and color for my almost 4 year old son. When the hat arrived I saw that the "lizard skin" print was actually a gradation from lighter gray to black outlines, which is actually kind of cool. The down side is that the pieces of fabric making up the circumference of the hat were not matched up, so one gray section was sewn to a black section which sort of ruins the effect imo. (If you look closely at the picture you can kind of see what I'm talking about along the rim of the hat, which I hadn't noticed prior to purchasing.) If I had seen the hat in person I may have selected a different pattern because of this, but since I opened the package in front of my son he of course was too excited about his new hat to care about these kinds of details. He has a big head (>95%, lucky me) and the large size fits him well with the potential to fit him again next year; it can almost fit on my head (I'm a adult female) but is a little snug if that helps you in deciding what size to purchase. The hat has good coverage and should do well protecting him from the sun.
on April 6, 2016
I bought this for my 5-year-old who has a pretty good-sized noggin. It seems to fit him well and I love that it has the strap to keep the hat from being blown away when windy. Red is his favorite color, so I got the Loggerhead Red one that matches the Tuga swimsuit I got him. It kinda looks like dragon scales, so that's a bonus. I mainly purchased this because we will be going on vacation and I don't want my little guy to get burned. He loves spending time in the pool and though he and I usually don't burn much, I do not want to risk it. He'll be wearing this in the pool and on every outing we go on to ensure his sun exposure is limited. Will update this review with information and photos after our trip.
on September 22, 2016
This is the best sun hat for kids hands down. I have tried SO MANY. They are always cheap, ugly, or my kids refuse to wear them for some unknown reason. But this hat is the winner! I ordered one for both of my kids, 2 and 3 years old. They don't mind wearing them. The straps are easy to use. I ordered them a little large on purpose so they could grow into them. It's easy to adjust them so that the hat is sitting back on their head more without compromising coverage. They never get sunburns on their face or neck when they wear these.
on May 21, 2017
Nice reversible hat. With adjustable toggles. Easy to wash and store. I highyly recommend that you buy a larger size to accommodate head size.
on April 17, 2017
Perfect for a 4-6 year old. I cut all the cords out because he doesn't like them. We use these Tuga hats on a daily basis.
on July 30, 2015
Bought this for my son who is 10 1/2. I was concerned it would be too small but it fits perfect. The strap is awesome when on a windy beach. no chance of blowing away. It's light weight and cool. Would recommended a lighter color if heat is of concern.
on October 31, 2016
Great product! Just what I was looking for to keep the sun out of my 6-year old son's face. He is very pale with Red hair. The only thing is that he doesn't like to go under water in it, which is understandable :P.
on March 2, 2017
Perfect fit for my 4.5 year old with room to grow! Excellent quality!
on May 22, 2015
Great hat - lightweight, provides plenty of shade. The sizing was true to the measurement of my son's head. The only bad thing is that even with the chin strap he still pulls it off constantly. He's just at that age. We'll keep trying!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question