Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 22, 2010
Ive had this laptop now for about 3 months and its exellent. Im a Student and use this to watch videos and music, work etc. Ive found this laptop excellent in all respects, excellent storage capacity, spacious keyboard,cool touch buttons to control volume and wifi.. two things that are annoying:
one the speaker isnt loud enough. In one corner of the room its fine, my sister who has a vaio has exellent speakers, but this, its not very loud. Watching an episode or a movie is very cumbersome and you will probably need external speakers.
2nd problem which actually forced me to write this review. the memory card slot. The memory card gets stuck every time. i have to tweeze it out, it doesnt pop out itself like it should. I wonder how il get a micro sd out.. oh wait.. it falls out, the laptop doesnt even read it. so thats really stupid. if someone knows how to work around it i would appreciate the help.. hope this helps. Abit heavy to carry around as well.. Stay at home laptop.
on August 19, 2013
The headline and description states that the battery life lasts up to 4 hours. This is false. It barely lasts 2 hours before it's about to die. Everything else works fine but I'm very disappointed in how long this computer can last. I purchased this laptop for the sole purpose of working on job related products and I can't do so without dragging my charger around. I'm very unsatisfied.
on August 18, 2010
I would highly recommend the HP Pavilion DV6-1354US model for home and small business users. It is powerful, the processor is fast, the clarity is fantastic, lots of memory space for large files and pictures, filled with software - ready to use. The wide screen is great for watching movies online. Unlike the older models, this one does NOT heat up at the bottom of the laptop. The only bad thing I could say is that the laptop is a bit heavy - not good to carrying around on travel.
on April 10, 2010
Soy de venezuela compre esta laptop en primer lugar porque en mi pais es muy cara y estafuera de mis posibilidades economicas al comprarla por amazon me ahorre un estimado entre 60 y 70 % del valor actual en mi pais de verdad la recomiendo es bastante rapida, comoda, veloz y lo mas importante tiene belleza y estilo. Es ideal para aquellas personas que requieren hacer trabajos en programas pesados como coreldraw, photoshop, autocad, entre otros de verdad la recomiendo 100 %
on January 18, 2010
I have been using this laptop for about two weeks and so far so good. I work in technology and use a Dell for work but decided to go with a HP for personal use. I have also used IBM and Toshiba laptops.

What I like about this machine is the power/technical specifications for the money. To me it translated as good value.

Pros:
1. Technical specifications are great for my use. Mostly pictures, web browsing, video conferencing via Skype, occasional documents. Haven't noticed any lag in video/audio with Skype.
2. Webcam works well. Pretty clear and don't experience delays.
3. Browsing is fast.
4. Machine boot up/shut down is fast!
5. I didn't think I would care, but I actually like the additional number key pad on the right side. I find myself using it very often.
6. The volume can be adjusted by touch, which is pretty cool.
7. Setting up my wi-fi was easy. Setting up my printer was easy. You plug it in and it automatically looks for the drivers.
8. Creating the recovery disks was easy to do. Just make sure you have 3 DV-R 4.7GB on hand.

Cons:
1. Fingerprints everywhere on the keyboard. Very noticeable. Kind of a pain for the clean freaks out there.
2. Battery power is not the best. However I already knew this going in.

Update after 2 years
1. Wi-fi was constantly having problems staying connected, while the other laptop I had didn't have any difficulties.
2. Volume adjustment by touch stopped working after 10 months or so
3. Just last week the hard drive went as well. Now I'm working to recover files that I didn't back up (I only backup the important docs to Amazon cloud).

So bottom line, if you think of your laptop as disposable then maybe it should last only 1 year and at that rate this would do just fine. However, I expected at least 3 years out of mine and clearly it only made it 2 yrs.
on August 17, 2013
This was a great computer. I bought it in 2009/2010 (when I paid $650 after a rebate). It's 2013 and I still have a decent processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM. It was an excellent buy, right when the DDR3 RAM just came out. I wouldn't pay more than $450 for it today, though.
on April 3, 2012
I bought this computer January of 2010 it lasted til exactly February 2012. I had an HP before that lasted less than that. All I can say is HP's costumer support is great but their computers were not bilt to last.
This was a nice computer very sleek but constantly overheated with tons of battery and connection issues.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2014
EXCELLENT MACHINE ALL AROUND, GREAT ITEM FROM HP!!!, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
on February 1, 2010
I replace a Dell laptop and I am very happy with this computer, lot of computing power, much faster booting up and returning form the sleep mode. The only thing I am a little concerned is that the wifi disconectes form the the router but hooks up very quickly on it's own, I like the way it does up dates and I got one late last week about Internet connections and I think the problem maybe has gotten better.
Over all it is a great computer and windows 7 is working good for me, I changed from XP, missed visa and have had no problems. I see the price has gone uo $200, maybe this is an indication it is good computer and is in demand.

Dan
on December 11, 2009
I love technology and at a reasonable price is even better. This is the first Non Dell I have bought in over a decade. I had not been wowed by the last few I had for work.

The reviews on this style of HP were good. Friends and colleagues at other companies were happy with theirs. I ordered this for my wife. I received it a month ago and am using the multimedia stuff, the lightscribe CD/DVD burner etc. All very simple. Windows 7 seems very solid. The 4 Meg of RAM moves it along quickly. The N wireless card is fast and furious on the N+ Router (Belkin). we are doing Amazon movie on demand and no delays. Keyboard feels good, has built in number pad, nice. However the keys do get lost in w very low lighting. Maybe back-lighting the keys or iridium down the road?

So for the first month anyhow, very happy with it.