Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Trying to reduce waste - so I got several of these vacuum zipper bags and also the
FoodSaver FSFRSH0051 FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum.

Result: it is easy to place the FoodSaver Vaccum pump on the seal of the bag and get the air out. Make sure that the whole zipper is completely closed (you hear a slight "snap" when you run your finger over the zipper.

Pros:
you can put all kinds of things in these bags and seal them. If the items are soft then it is no problem to get all the air out. Meats, cheeses, some fruit etc. Evenly distribute it and suck the air out. I have not had a bag that failed out of the box, but if you try to reuse - wash and hang to dry, then the seal seems to be getting weaker. I would say on average you get 3-5 uses out of each bag - depending on how you handle and wash it.
I use them for meat - but I still keep the meats (ham etc) in the original wrapper so I have the date and also don't put it in direct contact with the zipper bag. That seems to make it easier to clean it out - smell and grease.
Extends the life of your perishables quite a bit. Before, I bought ham and had to throw it out +/- at the expiration date. Now i don't feel bad eating it after a week over. Cheese, does not start growing fur, and you can keep it for weeks.

Con:
Don't last forever, average about 3-5 uses. More if you just place some things in and reuse without washing, but if you wipe it, wash it and dry it, then the seal seems to fail after several uses. And then you still have to throw them out.
If you use them to store hard items (cookies, beef jerky or so) then you will tear the bag. If not the first time, then the next time. It will simply penetrate and you will get micro punctures that destroy the bag. So either you don't vacuum it all out, or you put some sort of paper in between.

If my review helped you in any way, please hit the "YES" below where it asks, "Was this review helpful to you?"
Enthusiast: CookingVINE VOICEon November 14, 2017
I love FoodSaver bags. I use them when I have the amount of food to freeze that is correct for the size bag. I buy both the gallon and quart bags on Subscribe and Save. I also use the rolls when I have different quantity needs. All in all, great product.
on January 27, 2016
I use these bags with a Waring Pro vacuum sealer, and they work great. I purchase these for use with a Waring Pro 1000 vacuum sealer (http://amzn.to/1KFqmfM) in order to replace the more expensive brand name waring pro bags. And yes, these ones work!

They are not as sturdy as waring pro bags, but they are much cheaper and so I use them as disposable bags and store or cook sous vide raw chicken and meat. They hold vacuum well both in the freezer and during the sous vide process (sometimes for many hours at a time in sous vide).
on April 3, 2017
Great, they work with the Ziploc hand pump since the Ziploc bags no longer available.
on March 29, 2017
They suck, or rather they dont suck. Air renters about half of the bags within a few hours of sealing... im following instructions, no 'sharp' foods and nothing is creating barriers near the ziplock or vacuum ports... a water test revealed air leaks surrounding the vacuum ports , these are pretty much garbage
on November 22, 2017
good but I bought these instead of more rolls of plastic so I could re use them, but you cannot. The valve doesn't work anymore in any of the bags so they leak air right back in.
on August 11, 2017
A little difficult to close when you have elderly stiff hands, but not impossible. When I did close them properly they worked very well indeed.
on November 19, 2015
I use my FoodSaver for everything and love it, but these bags don't work well. I wanted something I could open and reseal quickly. Although these are convenient, they do not hold a good seal. I tried to make sure I lay them flat, but they still let in air. I think if they had a better design of where the air flap is, they'd work better.
on August 16, 2014
A great resealable food saver bag that doesn't require a heat seal. Also very durable and if you are using it to store dry goods for long term, it can also be washed and reused. A great companion for the FreshSaver Rechargeable Vacuum pump. I really like the fact that they can be used for Freezer storage or dry storage. Some companies out there have different bags for different uses. These will fit the bill for many uses.

I also like the double zippered sealing. It helps insure a more positive seal which doesn't leak. I run my thumb across the zipper twice just to make sure I am sealiing it properly before vacuuming the air out. But if you don't, it will let you know and will not vacuum down properly. These are a great product, especially if you don't want to invest in one of the higher priced vacuum sealers that require a heat seal.
on November 17, 2015
Very disappointed. The bags do not hold the seal.
After less than an hour, bag is back like it was before I used the electric vacuum sealer.
Such a waste of money.