Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 11, 2010
I have two other Sony Cyber-shot cameras that I am very happy with so when I needed an extra pocket-sized camera, it was a simple decision. I really like the larger screen on this camera and the simplicity of the settings means less fussing and more point & shoot. In fact, I found myself grabbing this camera more than my old Cyber-shot which has more features.

I only had one issue in three weeks of frequent use. There was a more noticeable delay sometimes when taking pictures and some pictures came out blurry. This mostly occurred when I was taking photographs of stationary aircraft outside in full sunlight so I am not sure why it had difficulty finding the focal point. I would retake the picture seconds later and it would focus just fine. Our conclusion was that it might have been a low battery issue since we had to replace the batteries the next day. However, the low battery indicator did not come on during these issues.
on November 4, 2011
I bought this to replace my quickly expiring 2004 Cybershot 3.2 MP <TAPS please>. The price of this one is even lower than what I paid in 2004: plus I prefer the AA battery power feature: it makes replenishing the expired batteries that much more hassle-proof.

Now that I have it, however, I see why the cost is lower than the $165.00 2004 price: no sound playback on the camera. Therefore, one doesn't get the benefit of testing volume levels. Hence, the -.5 on my rating. Otherwise it'd be a 5-star machine.

The video playback on an HD pc is excellent: no graininess at all, smooth frame transitions (get a fast SD card: don't trip on a few dollars), excellent sound recording; it is very professional. The focus BEEP indicator is great when shooting; beep #1 on half-press lets one know they're in focus; press further and it's followed by another beep indicating one's press has triggered the shutter.

The BONUS is what's built-into it; something never mentioned in the promos: 6 GB of native memory! KEEPER!!!! That compensates for the lack of sound playback.

It was very easy to set-up. I'm very glad I got it.
happy shopping!
on September 11, 2010
Digital cameras that use AA batteries are disappearing from the landscape, but I was fortunate to find this Sony DSC-S2100 camera that still uses the convenient, inexpensive batteries. I'm sure the lithium batteries are fine, but I like to have some extra batteries handy when shooting an event. The camera, like an earlier model Sony I have, is easy to use and well made, and I like the smaller size of the DSC-S2100. It will take movies as well, and the only thing I don't like about the camera is the location of the switch to select pictures or movies. I sometimes select the movie setting by accident when taking the camera out of its carrying case. I'm a fan of Sony quality, and this camera is not a power guzzler, so I'm still on my first set of batteries.
on September 9, 2013
Unfortunately for me this camera froze up after the 2nd day of use. I needed it to be a camera that I could just put
in more AA batteries without having to use a charger. It accomplished that but froze up and I could not get it to take
any other pictures after the 2nd day of use. It keeps showing a command of "turn the power off and on again". of which
I have done that multiple times without any success of it becoming able to take more pictures... And the memory disc
still has plenty of storage left.......So disappointed.....909 322 5739..If any one cares.....
on August 16, 2010
Great so far 50-75 pics taken with batteries that it came with & still going, wish zoom was better, auto works great on what ever type of photo your taking haven't tried video yet, but its got to be better then the old camera i had. the best thing i like about it is its takes the sony card or an sd card & no rechargeable batteries just takes 2 aa batteries {for it was $49.99 for a new battery for my old 1, it lasted about 18 months} Adding to review{9/30/2010} 1 other thing this camera has a still video, you can't zoom in or out on this one, as my old one could zoom in a bit wan't a fixed video did't know that found out after having it a month.
review image
on November 6, 2010
As a point and shoot, this camera is has everything that one would need. Its small, takes good enough pictures and has the ability to be adjusted as necessary for more custom shots then "point and shoot" This is my second Sony camera, and I am impressed with the advancements Sony has just made in a couple years. I shopped around looking at reviews, and after checking out what seems like a hundred reviews I am glad I just picked the Sony. Camera snobs who are looking for some magick camera that is a $2k Nikon for a couple hundred bucks or less should review their subject matter. Orange is good because it is easily visible too.
on December 13, 2010
as it seems to be the few point-and-shoot cams that still run on AA batteries, i initially ordered this to make use of the eneloops from the previous gadgets. at least power replacements are readily available; incase the rechargable batteries die out, just pop in any pair of AAs. there's not much in terms of manual adjustments as it caters to an array of automated settings and megapixel size options. also i haven't figured out how to make the image stabilization work properly... one thing i love is that it can use sd cards and memory stick pro duos. only downside to using sd cards may be the load time per shot is a tad bit slower. over all, it's a satisfying pocketable instacam for its price.
on August 22, 2015
Only reason I had to purchase this item is.... I already had this camera, given as a gift, but silly me was taking picture in the rain and got the lens wet inside, and it would have cost me almost as much to have it repaired, plus all the hastle. So, being familiar with the camera, I repurchased it. Good camera for the money.
on December 25, 2011
Camera came in new condition. Nice, large LCD screen. Takes AA batteries, uses AA alkaline batteries fast, but they are very inexpensive to buy and I know I always have fresh batteries on hand (versus wondering if rechargeable battery is going to work). Manual came with camera. The camera takes 1-3 seconds after button press to get picture, a bit slow, but picture quality is tops. Great inexpensive camera for snapshots. I bought it used for around 50 bucks. Very satisfied with purchase.
on March 20, 2014
Received this as a present and within months, the camera began to eat through batteries after only a few photos. I started taking the batteries out after each use, thinking that would help. NOPE. I changed battery brand. NOPE. I called Sony and they'd love to repair it (at a charge). NOPE.

I do not recommend this camera due to the constant cost to replace batteries. I'll throw it away.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.