Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 196 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 219 reviews
on February 16, 2015
3.5 stars. My girlfriend insisted I go carry-on only for our recent trip to Egypt, so I wanted to bring only the shoes on my feet when I got on the plane. I wanted a pair that would get me around town, off path, and look good at the opera house. These shoes appeared fit the bill very nicely: semi-rugged, yet handsome. Thankfully I had a week with them at home before my flight to break them in. First, they definitely run large. I wear 12-13, and these 12s were pretty roomy. I have somewhat slender feet, but plan on wearing at least a thick pair of socks. Secondly, I've never required a lot of arch support, but the insoles in these were downright worthless. The day before my flight I invested in a pair of Superfeet - a great product that saved my feet, but cost me another $40 after the purchase of the shoes themselves.

A+ for styling as it's hard to find such aesthetically versatile shoes, but a big F for insole comfort.
on June 19, 2015
Well made, nice in appearance, fit for casual dress attire almost! They have nice room for my usual DD or E width foot, but are a little lacking for the high arches I have. I had to buy some nice arch supports and after two days using them find these to be extremely comfortable. I hope that some day shoes will come with some manner of "arch height" in the sizing information. We have size and widthe, so I cannot see why it would be difficult to implement an "arch height" statement as well.
Great product Caterpillar a good design and durable with great attractive qualities. Only one other minor con; The lug sole is hard to clear of mud, so be careful and don't track onto a customers carpet, or worse yet, don't mess up mamma's floors either!
on September 19, 2014
I bought these for working in an indoor office environment approx 45hrs/week, but ended up wearing them everywhere else as well.

I ordered a half-size large on purpose, but I do feel like they were more roomy than I expected with laces fully tight.

Excellent construction. Not too stiff, not too soft.

UPDATE: Insole needs to be thicker, more cushy. I bought work boot insoles and now the shoe felt complete until the back of heel liner fabric started crumbling like it was paper. Replaced after less than two years of use.

I bought some Timberlands now and they're far more comfortable.
on April 5, 2013
i was looking for a nice strong shoe for everyday use, with strong sole and leather top. i had owned almost all known brands, except cat. so i looked amazon, zappos/6pm and caterpillar homepage. i wasnt impressed by shoe quality as shown in pic in amazon, and some review about cat wasn't alluring. besides, none of my friends had cat earlier. so was a bit confused about buying it. but this is the one i was looking for. so i decided to give it a try. and oh man! it just impressed me right out of box! amazon is selling it cheaper than any website, with free shipping. shoe quality is much better than shown in pic. nice stitching, strong sole, excellent finishing, and light weight. it looks and feels superb. as i told earlier, this is my first cat, and im just in love with it. so no puma/nike anymore! this is for everyday use, with fashion. only thing is it is built a size bigger than usual shoes. so you need to order one downsize when purchasing it. but its ok with me as i can feel some room around my toes,and i dont get tired wearing it whole day. overall, its an excellent buy. shipping and packaging? its amazon, man! enjoy!
on April 18, 2016
I work in an office setting but am frequently on my feet on carpeted concrete and on pavement outside of work. I tend to want to wear the same pair of shoes all day. I can tell you these are by far the best shoe I have worn for that purpose. I wanted something with an aggressive tread and long wear time. I wear these shoes 90% of any given week for most of the day, and they lasted me about 15 months until the tread wore down and eventually got a hole. Previous brands I've tried (Sketchers, Clark, etc) I was burning through a pair in about 6-8 months, so the durability was excellent. I replaced the insole after about 6 months with a cheap Dr. Scholl's pair and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Just bought another pair to replace.
on September 14, 2015
I've had these for a month now. I use them to work for 9 hour shifts as a bartender (which means I'm on my feet during those 9 hours), and they are comfortable (although I do use a gel insole in them) and don't slip at all. Their construction feels strong and durable so I'm definitively a happy camper and will be buying more shoes from this brand.
A note to buyers, they fit slightly bigger than most shoes of the same size, I would have gone with half a size smaller.
on March 23, 2017
This is the 3rd pair I have ordered in about 5 years. I love these shoes, they are stylish, easy on the wallet and vert comfortable.
on October 2, 2013
I love the quality of these shoes at this price point, and I was quite surprised at how nice they were when I opened the box. The leather seems very durable and exceeded my expectations for a $40-$50 shoe. I have been wearing these shoes to work 5 days a week and they are very comfortable which i was initially concerned about as the sole looks rugged. These definitely run large in size, I typically wear a 10.5-10, and the size 10 I purchased is a bit roomy (I'll go with a 9.5 next time). I think these shoes look pretty good in terms of a casual shoe and will likely last a lot longer than some of my other "work" shoes. I would recommend these to anyone and will likely buy another pair in black sometime soon.
on March 30, 2017
The fit is great, but the black stain started turning green after only a month. I wouldn't normally think of polishing shoes of this sort, but it looks like I have no choice.
on January 12, 2016
As everyone has mentioned go for a size down. I wear a size 9 typically, and went for a size 8.5 and it fits great. Has an odd ankle support that I haven't felt before, but feels good. I have a standard width, and it fits great that way.

Also as everyone has mentioned, the inside support is very... flat, so I have already planned to change it out. Overall, exactly as expected.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.