Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 723 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 762 reviews
on February 26, 2013
I love running and exercising, and a good sports bra is one of the most important things for a woman to have, especially if she is large on top. It is VERY challenging to find one that keeps "my girls" from bouncing around. I've tried many different sports bras, and this one is hands-down the best - it is so effective that I have purchased 7 of them! Here are some of the points I considered when purchasing the bra:

PROS:
It almost eliminates bouncing. You will still move a little bit but not uncomfortably so.
It fits true to size, though it's a bit snug. (I think this is why it works so well)
The clip at the back makes it possible to wear any kind of shirt, including racerback tank tops.
I think it pushes my chest up a little and makes me look a bit "perkier." The "uniboob" effect is minimal.
The blue color is very pretty.
If you wear a heart rate monitor to train, this bra has no under wire so you don't have to worry about interference.

CONS:
The stitching is heavy duty so if you wear a tighter t-shirt or tank top you will be able to see the stitches through the shirt. It isn't too noticeable, but it is there.
The clip on the back takes some practice. It is easy for me to clip now but the first few attempts were tricky! If you have shoulder issues you may need to have a friend clip it.
On runs longer than 9 miles the shoulder straps cut into my shoulders. I attribute this to the bra's superb functioning (it means it's holding me up) so I just wear a band-aid under the shoulder straps on long runs. If you run 5 miles or less you won't have a problem with this.
For some reason the white bra isn't as effective as the black and blue ones.
11 comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I struggled to find a decent sports bra that would support me without giving me 'cone' shaped breasts :/ I had previously spent much more on a Freya sports bra (love their line), that bra was fine for low impact but was beginning to give me neck and back pain when running. This bra however solves that issue :) The colors are identical to the photo and it overall looks amazing! :) Some of the negative comments were concerning the fit (some say it's too tight) and the top clasp (some said it's difficult to put on). I would disagree however. I ordered a size up in the band but I felt my original size would have been fine. Also the top clasp takes some getting used to but once I practiced a few times it was very easy :) I actually really love the idea of the 2 clasps because it means the whole back comes unclasped and you don't have to struggle to get it up over your head!! Since buying this I have not worn my old sports bra at all!

My size: 32F
Size ordered: 34E (I would recommend order true size though)
Used for: high impact running/ stairs
Delivery: amazon.com gave me an estimate of 4 weeks, I got it in 1! (from Europe to Canada)
Fav part: 2 back clasps mean no struggling to get it off over your head!
Recommend: Yes, in fact I will order another one in a diff color (and size) soon :)
on April 17, 2017
I've been working out with great enthusiasm since my senior year of high school (let's not get any more specific than that- I'm not young enough to give an actual age :p) and I can say without hesitation that this is, HANDS DOWN, the best high-impact sports bra I've ever used.

The facts: I'm 5ft 4 (used to be 5ft 5 pre-pregnancy), between 125-128lbs, a size 4/6 (depends on the store), and a large 34C/small 36C. I love running, am currently looking ahead to a half marathon, and I have absolutely zero tolerance for any sort of bounce/jiggle/shifting when I'm running. Period.

Up until this sports bra, my go-to had been the Fiona sports bra. I've been using it so long that I was originally getting it from Moving Comfort, which apparently has become a member of the Brooks brand. Same bra, different brand, decent functionality.

But nowhere close to this masterpiece. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call it a triumph of engineering. Both the band and straps are adjustable, in addition to being smooth, non-chafing, and not at all stretchy.

I get where people are coming from in their reviews when they talk about appearance- this bra won't work as the gym equivalent of a t-shirt bra, sitting invisibly under your shirt without visible seams. It might not look cute on its own, without a layer over it.

But MY GOD, does it work. I'm not looking for a sports bra to lounge around in, dressed head-to-toe in my overpriced athleisure clothes that have never actually seen the inside of a gym. My sports bra needs to crank things into place and hold them there, totally unmoving, mile after mile.

This bra has come the closest of any other to accomplishing that. Think of it as the Toyota Camry of sports bras: not particularly elegant or exotic, but you can count on it to keep going mile after mile after mile.
on November 26, 2010
You cannot buy a better sports bra than this particular Shock Absorber model. The bra is comfortable and attractive which in the world of sports bras means that it should provide no support. Surprisingly though, this bra supports as well as it looks. I use this bra for EVERYTHING - running, yoga, volleyball, cycling, etc. - and it keeps my breasts nicely supported and jiggle free. It does all this while still leaving a relatively nice shape (no sports bra flattening) and looking nice enough that I can wear it alone and still look great. I used to wear Enell sports bras and I have to say that this one provides more support and looks a million times better. I have one in white and black and would not dream of switching to another bra.
66 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2014
REVIEW:
I am a runner and do some cross fit activities. Having a 38FF, its hard to find something that stops the bounce. I do like this bra however I still bounce when I run. :( This bra is best for cross fit activities and some hight impact exercises, not marathon running.

There is no really overall definition inside the bra. This is probably my main complaint. Therefore, it just seems like it is there to hold you in and gives you a bit of a uni-boob look. The best part about the bra, is the padding around the shoulders/collar bone area.

FIT:
This sports bra is very true to size. Since I have never found a sports bra that fits my larger chest perfectly, I tend to buy my sports bras a bit smaller to try to get that snug feeling. This is not the case with this bra. I would recommend ordering your exact bra size.
on July 26, 2015
Make sure you go up one-size on the band number
Shock Absorber is one of the best sport bra makers in the world. They were tapped to make the first line of sport bras for VS in the early 2000's before they started making sports bra's with their logo's. This is how I got to know the brand. I needed a bra(s) for Army's Basic Training and they held my breasts down without restricting my breathing. The brand is from the UK. With that comes the need to go up on the band size one-size. I am normally (now) a 38DD and I ordered a 40DD. THESE BRA'S REALLY HOLD THE GIRLS DOWN!!!! They are easy to put on and take off thanks to the double bra hooks in the back. The bra can be worn to a work out and after a workout without the top hook. If you are only worried about the uni-boob look then you're not worried enough about the real need to hold breasts down. This bra is made to hold breast down so that a woman can move without breasts pulling on one's back or them moving opposite of the body's motion. If you have big breasts (or small) and do either high-impact, high intensity interval training, running or crossfit, then this is the bra for you. Shock Absorber's website actually show this bra in action with their Bounce-O-Meter. Check them out if you want to see how wearing it holds the girls down.
Remember:
Go up on band size, cup can be your normal size.
review image review image
on May 30, 2014
This is the second Shock Absorber that I've bought, and I don't think I'll ever buy any other kind! With a 38DDD chest (It's ridiculous) I thought I was going to just have to accept the fact that running hurt my back, shoulders, and chest. But the first run after putting this on, I came home and told my husband, "This is the best bra ever!" Nothing moves, the straps are wide and comfy, and nothing digs into you anywhere. The fabric is quality, and will last (which justifies the price!) Now, that all being said, it can be a bit hard to get into! Your best bet is to unhook the middle, fasten the eye hooks in the front, then twist it around. Then put on the shoulder straps, and reach back and fasten the middle (the part between your shoulder blades). It is well worth it!
on May 16, 2017
I tried this bra on and decided to return it. It had this weird fit in the cups where it was both pressing down uncomfortably but also very triangle-shaped and not smooth at all and wrinkly in the cups. There was an inner liner that was smaller and flatter than the outside shell, which I think contributed a lot to the odd fit. I didn't wear it for a run because I didn't want to get it dirty before returning it, but the fabric felt cheap and like it would irritate my skin in short time. For this price point, I would have expected better. I'll stick with my Panache sports bra.
on June 27, 2015
Almost all 'real' running bras have a very tight fit. For some reason, manufacturers haven't got the sizing perfected. As a result, one must almost always go up a full band size and usually a full cup size. I am a 36C in almost every daily wear bra on the market. And, as I expected, I had to go up in this Shock Absorber bra, to a 38D. PERFECT fit:) Just be sure to go up a band and cup size!

This is my FAVOURITE sports and running bra. I've been a runner my whole life (now in my early 50's and still running). Excellent fit and compression. With a traditional back closure you can get in and out of it (even when sweaty or wet). The additional clasp at base of neck is reasonably easy to use. Just work it a few times. Once you get it, it's all good. The LOWER band closure gives snug compression. The UPPER CLASP gives both lift and additional compression. It doesn't ride up. The fabric does not chafe. The shoulder straps stay put. BONUS: There are MANY adjustments at back of straps to lengthen or shorten the straps.
RESULT: Excellent bounce reduction (even for C-D breasts). BUT it also manages not to produce the dreaded uni-boob. There is individual encapsulation of each breast. The ONLY way a running bra works is with compression, AND some separation. WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
on March 5, 2017
I wanted this to work so badly after trying on so many bras! It's nice and tight the way I like it to be. It would be great for running since it has a good hold to the front. However, the side straps are pretty low which, when you have some extra pounds, makes the skin press out underneath the arms and on the back. Very ugly and it has to go back, that bra!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.