Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on November 19, 2011
We have a kitchen full of Lightolier 4" recessed lights, 14 of them. For some reason, the original MR-16 sockets fail over time, becoming loose in the way they grip the pins of the bulbs. They also seem to corrode and the electrical contact becomes imperfect. I was replacing the sockets only when I had to, because sockets from Lightolier were so expensive and other brands hard to find. With this purchase, I now have a reasonably priced supply and routinely replace the original sockets if there is any sign at all of looseness or poor contact. There have been no failures of the new sockets.
on May 7, 2012
Nicely made socket for bi-pin lamps ( MR11/MR16). Accomodates halogen or LED. The wire is insulated with high temperature woven-insulation. The sockets themselves are ceramic with mica cover plate, held in place metal brads. Definitely designed for the high temperatures encountered on halogen assemblies.

There is a UL certification mark molded in the ceramic, and ratings of 100W, 120V.

This is just the ticket for new installation of raw bulbs or retrofit of worn/eroded sockets.

If you are thinking low voltage LED lighting, here's an idea:

LEDwholesalers MR16 LED Bulb Mounting Bracket for Recess Light Fixture, 2006
on January 17, 2013
The wires are useless. they are very skinny and fall apart. The wires disconnect from the head of the fixture if you look at it wrong. I am so frustrated with myself for using these connector sockets and having to do my work over again in 3-4 wks because I was too cheap to purchase a quality socket. If you want to save some cash, don't plan on being around, or having anyone be able to contact you to fix something you installed... this is for you!!
on August 23, 2013
I suspect that the negative reviews here are just sour grapes from competing sellers of the product. I just ordered and received 50 of them, and they are similar in construction and quality to those I paid 4 times the price. I see no reason these sockets will not last for years. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. And did I say that these were priced far lower than any other source I found?
on December 20, 2012
Avoid these like the plague. Wires are too thin, insulation too thin. Every one I've installed has fried and failed within weeks. Moved on to product from my fixture's manufacturer which are visibly better, and have held up once installed. Sometimes it does pay to purchase a more expensive product, particularly once you factor in the labor to reinstall, much less the safety factor.
on May 5, 2011
I used these for my kids lights on the power wheels cars. I love that the base is very small in size and gives a very snug fit so they don't fall off while driving in the yard. They do not seem cheep in anyway and expect them to last a very long time. I use them with LED MR16 Spotlight 12V 3.8W (320 Lumen - 35 Watt Equivalent) Halogen Replacement Bulb 4000K Cool.
on November 9, 2013
When repairing your light fixtures, do not put halogens back into the can. This socket burns out in less than 10 hours of 50 watt halogen bulbs. I had to switch to the LEDs, and the rating is five for their performance.
on February 1, 2013
EASY WAY TO SAVE METAL LANDSCAPE LIGHTS THAT HAVE DAMAGED ELECTRICAL CONNECTORS. Have saved SEVERAL DOLLARS BY REPLACING BROKEN OR RUSTED CONNECTORS.
on April 9, 2012
These arrived on time and were MUCH less expensive than local over-the-counter prices on the same item. The connectors are identical in appearance and function to those obtained locally....the ONLY difference is the pricing.
on February 7, 2013
IM A DIY SELFER USE THESE TO HOLD MR 16 LED BULBS ON ELEVATED PVC PIPE FOR NITE TIME FISHING THEY HOLD BULBS SECURLY ON CONTACTS I,M SATISFED WITH E,M

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.