Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,217 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,285 reviews
on February 13, 2014
An ex-football player past his prime (6'3", 360 lbs, size 13D, medium arch), I was recently diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My orthopedist recommended daily stretching exercises and Orthoheel slippers to wear indoors (no more walking around in socks). What a difference! The slippers and exercises lessened my symptoms from the start and, over time, eliminated most of my discomfort, so I decided to find some orthotic inserts to improve my street shoes.

So far, I've tested:
1. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support
2. Aetrex Copper Medium Arch
3. Spenco Polysorb Total Support
4. Superfeet Copper DMP
5. Powerstep Pinnacle
6. Powerstep Pinnacle Pro

each for two hours' total walking time over a few days in two pairs of my favorite shoes: New Balance 606 hikers and Cole Haan loafers with Nike Air.

Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support: Advertised for big & tall men, they didn't do much for me. While the extra cushioning helped at first, it helped less and less the longer I walked on them. I mentioned this to my orthopod and he told me the key to managing PF is not cushioning, it's support. Grade: D

Spenco Polysorb Total Support: Remembering my doc's advice, I chose these for the rigid heel cup and arch support. Though quite comfortable overall, the arch support was a bit too low for my medium-high arches and the heel cup was insufficient support for weight. While they worked reasonably well for me, I believe they would a be better choice for lighter individuals with lower arches. Grade: B

Aetrex Copper Medium Arch: Promising better arch support, these felt very similar to the Spenco insoles even after walking around the block. I then swapped one of the Aetrex insoles for one of the Spenco insoles and walked around again. Only then could I tell them apart. The Spenco offered a little better support for the mid- and fore-parts of my foot, the Aetrex offered a little better support for my arch. Grade: B

Superfeet: I was in an Allen Edmonds store and noticed the Superfeet insoles. The clerk said many men my size have good success with them. I first tried the Orange insoles. While they were too high for my arches, I felt more support in the right places than I had with any other insoles I had tried. I next tried the Copper DMP insoles. These were the right fit for my arches. Superfeet are easily the most rigid of the insoles I've tried...and easily the best. The arch support sits farther back on the insole than other brands. This made a real difference in the support and comfort I felt walking long distances. I also found the medial post support in the heel did a better job than other insoles in combatting over-pronation. Grade: A [Update: I have since tried Superfeet Black in dress shoes that couldn't accommodate the Copper insole. They work well but are not as supportive as the Copper or the Orange.]

Powerstep Pinnacle: While it seems well-made and offered good support, it simply did not work for me. The gel-based arch support sits too far forward and in the middle of the insole. The insoles felt like I had lumps of clay underfoot. After a few blocks of brisk walking, my feet began to fatigue as if I were walking barefoot in sand. Again, these may work for some people but they didn't for me. Grade: C

Powerstep Pinnacle Pro: Other wearers commented that the Pinnacle Pro differs markedly from the Pinnacle, so I tried a pair. I barely made it a block before heading back home. Though more rigid than the Pinnacle and with a better heel cup, the Pinnacle Pro was too inflexible through the arch and ball of my foot. These were the only insoles I tried that truly caused me pain. Of course, it could just be the contours of my feet, and for others the Pinnacle Pro might be great. Grade: F
44 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2010
I bought my orange Superfeet for hiking and they make a huge difference, making my feet feel less tired after a long day's walk and offering good arch support that helps my posture. Before using these, I had never used orthotic insoles, but now I wouldn't hike without them. The orange Superfeet are, in my experience, much the same as the green except with thicker padding for the forefoot. Orange Superfeet have a high arch. Do not buy these if you have flat feet or the arches will dig into your feet, and these are made with very hard plastic. Superfeet have a whole range of options to match the style of your foot, and each different colour is a different shape.

You have to be very careful to get just the right fit with Superfeet. If at all possible I recommend going to a store and testing out the different sizes. The key is to buy Superfeet to fit your arch length, *not* your shoe size. I am a shoe size 9, so if I went by Superfeet sizing then I would need the "D" (7.5-9). Yet I have long arches so I actually use the "F" (11.5-13). I went to an outdoor store, tried all the different sizes and the salesperson helped me figure out that the larger Superfeet fit perfectly to my arch with no space between the sole and my foot. The smaller insoles left a small gap in my arch and would, over time, become quite uncomfortable. Superfeet are easy to trim with scissors (you simply cut them to match the regular insole of your shoes) so don't be afraid to buy a much larger size if that's what fits your arch.

It's also important to make sure your heels fit well - if the heel cup is too small for your heel, the hard plastic will dig into your feet and you won't be wearing them for long! Conversely if the heel is too big, there won't be the support you're looking for. When you stand on the Superfeet, your heel should fit snugly in the cup and you'll know when it looks and feels right.

Superfeet can be hugely beneficial but only if you take the time to research and get the right fit. Ordering these purely based on your shoe size may prove to be a painful mistake. I wouldn't order these online unless you are able to either try them in a store first, or you are able to order several sizes and then return the ones that don't work for you.
1414 comments| 475 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2015
I wear steel toe (safety) boots for more than 8 hours a day walking for almost 6 hours of those 8+ hours and standing for the rest, I went through several Dr. Scholl's inserts from the gel, massaging, active series and so on. Although the Dr. Scholl's we're ok, my feet would ache when I got home and when I would wake up the following morning.

After purchasing Superfeet, I was immediately relieved of the aches and pain I was having. I can literally pull a double shift if I have to wearing these because they really are that comfortable.
on June 29, 2017
IF you need these, they're a great product. I wouldn't go spending the money on them if you don't need them. But if you do, then this vendor sells them at a reasonable price, and the quality is very good. I started buying Superfeet on the recommendation of my podiatrist. He specifically cautioned me against buying any similar product from Road Runner Sports, saying that their inserts were actually bad for you (as opposed to "just don't work"). He pretty much said buy anything else, but recommended Superfeet as one of his top choices. (He's part of a big medical group which does not sell inserts; he gets nothing by recommending for or against any particular product.) I've been wearing these for several years now with very good results. If you need this type of insert (and if you know which one you need; I needed the orange one), then this vendor delivers them quickly to your door at a reasonable price.
on September 2, 2016
These are oustanding insoles. I have the SuperFeet Green version in all my shoes. I decided to try the SuperFeet Orange, and I'm not quite as happy with them. The heel is more padded in these, which is very nice. The heel pocket seems a tiny bit narrow for me. My heels are a bit larger than average, so fine enough. But because it has thicker heels, I think the heel pocket is also deeper and that's why I notice it more than on the Green version. My real complaint here is that the arch support is less prominent compared to my Green insoles. I have a high arch. I can easily fix this by sticking something under the insole. So I kept them. But for my needs, I'll order the green ones from now on.

Also, while these have a thicker heel padding compared to the Green souls, the front of the foot is the same thinner padding. This insole is not padded from front to back. Just extra thick on the heels. Great for standing long hours I'm sure.
on July 6, 2013
I had been having stadily worsening foot problems for some time. The tops of my feet hurt incredibly as did the bottom of my forefoot on both sides. I was barely able to walk, and in a job that demands me being on my feet for the full day, this was a serious problem. Investing in postal certified shoes helped, but only a bit and then the problems were back. On advice from an avid runner, I found a running shoe store that had one of the devices that lets you see how you're standing on your feet. After having me use the device, the clerk recommended this product. I initially used them in my work shoes and couldn't believe the difference. I've since invested in additional pairs for all of my regular shoes.

They fit right in the shoes, no trimming required. They work exactly as advertised, and the wear is about as I was told to expect, with replacements required in my work shoes about every 10 months. I get more life out of my sneakers and other shoes as they're not worn as much. The relief was instant and was exactly what my feet needed.

I would not recommend purchasing these cold. Visit a shoe store and describe your symptoms or, if they've got the machine, use the machine. Once you know what you wear, you can shop here for any discounts that may arise.
on May 21, 2017
You may need to cut them down for your shoes. I definitely did, but I have small feet for a guy my height. Also, don't expect cushion. These are mostly about arch support, and I found that after cutting them to size that the arch doesn't line up properly. It's too far back for my feet. My arches are a bit farther forward. I've decided not to use them anymore for that reason.
on June 12, 2016
My husband's feet ache so terribly when. He doesn't wear these inserts. We've tried other ones and they do not do anything close to what the super feet do for him.

His podiatrist recommended them years ago and they are fantastic and last a good 6 months before needing to be replaced.
on May 3, 2014
I'm a bigger guy at 6'1 215 pounds and my feet take a pounding. I started wearing Orange Superfeet on my hikes a couple of years ago and now wear them in my running shoes too.

It did take me a month or so to adjust to the feel of a good insert. It's strange but having good support can hurt a bit at first when you aren't use to it but it's definitely worth it as your feet will eventually feel so much better.

I also tried several other inserts including other types of super feet. Everyone's foot is different and the only way to find out what is best for you is to try some different ones but for me the Orange are where it's at.

Having my feet properly supported also helped recurring knee pain I got on my left knee after runs over 5 miles. I no longer get knee pain at all.
on April 30, 2017
I work at a power plant as an Instrument Technician and many jobs require steel-toe boots. The arch of my right foot was hurting shortly after wearing my new boots, which I did not skimp on when making the purchase, and the Superfeet Men's Orange Premium Insoles certainly helped to alleviate that. These are very comfortable to wear on the job site and I will be buying more of them once these wear out. I highly recommend these if you have a high-cut boot with plenty of height at the heel. The heel is the thickest part and the front is relatively thin. The arch is not as large as I expected, but they are still very comfortable for work boots.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.