Reading Is Fundamental Wish List Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Amethyst Jewelry Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning blacksails blacksails blacksails  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Size: 10-Inch|Change

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 92 reviews
on April 8, 2010
The minute I saw these, I knew they weren't gonna work.

Before trying them, I washed them in the dishwasher and they fell apart. I glued them together again with a mega-strong glue & once they held, I tried them out.

These are so long that the natural opening is very wide - about an inch. Because the bamboo is thick, they are also very stiff. Between the size and the difficulty of pinching the tongs together, they don't fit into my toaster, even though the openings are bagel-sized.

I think these would be great if they were just labeled as a cooking tool that is useful for non-stick cookware. But they're a complete "FAIL" as far as toaster tongs!
on March 23, 2013
My toaster doesn't pop the toast all the way up without pushing up on the handle. There is a metal strip up top and this makes it easy to get burned when getting toast. I found this helps greatly to retrieve toast without having to come in contact with the toaster. It is a bit difficult to push the wood in far enough to grasp bread, otherwise I'd give it 5 stars. This does work best for bagels or thicker breads.
on March 19, 2013
i bought 11 total. Glue is not strong enough, so that all turned up junk.
don't recommend to buy them
on January 22, 2016
Wish Amazon allowed 1/2 stars in their ratings: these are right at 3.5 for me. They're sturdy, but a little stiff: I wouldn't recommend them if you have compromised grip strength. They could stand to be a little longer, since this would give the user better leverage while still leaving enough length to get down inside the toaster w/o risking brushing up against a hot surface. Ideally, they'd have a better chamfer on the ends too: the tips are kind of blunt. Overall tho', they're a good value for money.
on February 7, 2017
I ordered the shorter ones and they are very stiff, so you have to hold them farther up, so they only add an inch or too to your reach. Maybe for a toaster it would be fine, but for reaching into a toaster oven for your bagel, they don't work well, get the longer ones.
on May 13, 2014
We bought these to turn our bacon, however, they were too short to reach over our pan so our hands wound up getting spat on by the angry oil. After only a couple months of use (maybe 10 uses) the glue holding the parts together stopped working and so they fell apart. Not so great.
on July 13, 2016
Super handy as my toaster doesn't have a great pop-up function. I wish the tongs were a bit more flexible so I could use it for the toaster oven/broiler but they're the perfect size to pick slices of toast up and very easy to store. Been using it for several months with no sign of wear/tear. Nifty little tool!
on December 19, 2016
They work but they're ridiculously stiff and resistant to the pinching motion. Do not buy if you have carpel tunnel, less than average grip strength, or dont feel like grip strength should factor into getting toaster tongs.
on November 12, 2015
Love these!

Although very simple, they have become a staple in my kitchen. I've hung them on the wall (via a small pin nail) next to the toaster. They've since prevented many a burn from both younger and older people in my house reaching in too close when getting toast from the toaster. It sounds silly, but MANY people incur some serious burns every year from simple household appliances like toasters. Better to err on the side of caution, in my opinion anyway.
on November 1, 2016
I have owned toaster tongs before and loved them. This particular style I found stiff and cumbersome to use. I actually felt strained in pinching them. Could not see a person with arthritis using these.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question