Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on January 3, 2011
After reading mixed reviews, we chose to order this camera due to the low price and seemingly comparable quality to other 12mp cameras. After receiving it very promptly, it worked well for the first 2 days, as others mentioned and then decided to suddenly turn off with the lens stuck out. We tried changing the batteries and pushing the power button several times, but nothing worked. We set it down and hours later, the lens had retracted and it worked again. I told my daughter if it happened again we would return it. Within 12 hours it did exactly the same thing with the lens again stuck in an out position and no buttons would work. All of this is very sad because the picture quality is excellent. We were at my brother-in-law's wedding and lost a lot of shots because of the lack of dependability.

Hopefully Polaroid will address this issue, because if it weren't for the camera shutting down, I would highly recommend it! It isn't happening to everyone who buys it, since some of the reviews don't mention it, but enough that it is cause for concern...

Regarding the return, it was very simple and Amazon is paying the return shipping. I highly recommend ordering through Amazon!
88 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 21, 2010
Although this camera has a few quirks, after a brief introductory period and the purchase of an SD card, my wife loves it.

Why I bought it: This camera was a gift for my wife who has a very nice camera (a Sony about a half-step below a professional camera) which she uses most of the time. She wanted something small that she could stick in her pocket for those spur of the moment occasions that crop up at children's school parties and such. This camera fits the bill.

It easily fits into her pocket (either shirt or jeans), takes high quality photos, has numerous optional settings, and with an 8 GB SD card has room for over 2000 photos at the highest quality settings. It takes AA batteries, so there is no "I forgot to charge the camera" issues.

Quirks:
1) The first quirk is the way the camera reacts when its memory is full. This is simple to do if you don't buy an SD card immediately. The camera defaults to the highest MP setting (12) which allows about four or five photos on the camera memory. Then the camera displays a message saying that the memory is full. Ours also seemed to have a hiccup the first time it happened and we had to turn it off and turn it back on using the play button on the back of the camera. After this, the camera was fine.
2) The batteries. This camera uses AAs. I have heard arguments against this, but my wife and I prefer this feature. Our reasoning is simple: if the batteries run out, almost every store on the planet carries AAs. We can walk into any of them and buy more. You can't say the same if you forget or use all of a proprietary battery that is unique to a specific camera. For the eco-conscious, you can still use rechargeable batteries, they are just going to be rechargeable AAs.
3) Snap-time. I don't even know if that's a term, but it describes the issue fairly well. This camera takes a while to capture the photo. While this is a bit annoying, the wait seems in line with most of our friends' and families' cameras. I have only witnessed one camera not have this issue and I know for a fact that one cost over $3,000 (i.e. a bit out of our budget.)
NOTE: There may be a setting that changes this that we have not found yet.

Overall: we have had a very good experience so far with the camera. We are extremely hopeful that this will continue.
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 11, 2010
The pictures from this camera are very sharp and for the money can't be beat. This camera comes with software cd, 2 duracell ultra AA batteries, and usb cable. All that is needed is an SD card for picture storage. Night pictures with flash and anti-shake look very clear and detailed. Can't say enough about this camera's features along with Amazon's price of roughly $50.
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2011
This camera can be a nice, inexpensive option for the casual user. I had read the reviews posted prior to purchase and wanted a backup to my two smartphone cameras (IPhone and IPod) for use when traveling. I installed the batteries with the camera and began taking some test shots. No sooner than my 4th or 5th shot, the camera stopped working. After replacing the batteries and installing an SD card, I tried again and the camera worked perfectly. Clearly, any buyer should begin use with a memory card (of any capacity) to allow for adequate storage and with fresh batteries.
The test pictures were printed using your basic (CVS) service and even with enlargement, I was moderately impressed with the quality of the print.
So the two steps a new user should follow are:
1. replace the batteries included with the camera with fresh high capacity batteries and
2. use a memory card immediately before use.
on February 4, 2011
I read the reviews before I ordered this camera, there were some good and bad, but the bad had me concerned, but I ordered it anyway and sure enough it dit just what the negative reviews said. It took one test picture and shut off and didn't come back on. It came with Duracel batteries so I thought they were pretty good batteries so surely that wasn't the problem, but it was. I bought Energizer Lithium batteries and the camera came right on and I've been taking pictures all day long. I also ordered a 4gb memory card along with the camera so I would have enough memory to take lots of pictures. So please don't be afraid to buy this camera, just be sure to have lithium batteries to put in it.
on November 19, 2013
This is a great camera. Polariod made a great little digital camera. 12 Mega pixels, Good zoom lense, and it takes fanastcic pics. The view window is very good as ell. I like that you can make pics black and white and Sepia as well as color. It has panoramic, different scene settings, facial recognition, red eye reduction and some other amazing features. My son loves this camera and got some prizes at the Fair for his pictures. He loves photography and there are some cool things you can do with this little camera. It travels well and takes regular batteries, which is nice if you are somewhere and need to pick up batteries. You don't need to sit and let it charge up. Definitely worth getting the 8 gig disk to go with this camera. I also got a Polaroid mini printer he loves it. He is filling books with stories and pictures. What a cool product. 5 stars definitely!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2011
I got this camera because it was the best value on the market at the time. Once it arrived, I played with it for 10 minutes or so, and soon realized the problem that everyone else was having... it wouldn't turn on. This particular camera I knew was a problem, because I never did end up getting it back on. So I returned it and order another one (this time from a different seller hoping that things might be different). It was no use.

Once my second one arrived, it had the same issue, but was a tiny bit more reliable. I could get it on if I played with it for a few minutes, pushing the button ever so carefully and differently. Variety was no solution. When I needed it, it was not available, so I called Polaroid. Of course they wouldn't admit fault, but this is a bad model number. So I returned my second one.

In the end, after all this time had passed, the best value on the market (excluding this crappy camera) was a Kodak EasyShare C183 Black 14MP Digital Camera w/ 3x Optical Zoom for $59 at Walmart Online. I went for it. Not only does the 14MP camera work better, it has more features and is many, many times better overall.

Bottom Line:

Don't waste your time. There were clearly some issues in production of this thing, because it is a magnificent camera aside from a very necessary element. Avoid it at all costs.
on June 9, 2011
I bought this camera mainly to take pictures of my daughter. I wanted one that would take good clear photos without breaking the bank. This camera does that. the pictures are great and it's easy to use. it has some good features and settings. Battery life is great. I would highly recommend this camera, especially to parents.
review imagereview image
on September 8, 2017
you have to put in new batteries then it works great
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 21, 2011
ok so far this is a great little camera i read the reviews before i bought it so i got it today in the mail put my own good camera batteries in it and a sd card turned it on set the date and it cut off on me and i thought oh no i am going to have the same problems some people where saying about it not cutting back on ok it would not cut back on by the on button on the top so i got the directions out started reading them come to find out there is 2 ways to cut the camera on one is the top button the other is the play button the button on the back of the camera that you preview your taken pictures with all you do is mash it and the camera comes on mash it again to take pictures cut it off with the button on the top of the camera hope this helps please read directions and look at the diagram to find the play button that way you want have to return your camera oh by the way i bought this camera for my son for Christmas and i am going to buy another for me

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.