Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on November 25, 2013
I bought this TV Cyber Monday 2010 for $737. Best investment ever. I know other people have posted about their negative stories, but I think when electronics are involved, you can get lemons for any brand/type out there. I even bought the extended warranty on this and it's turned out to be a waste of money because I never had to use it. TV works great, great color, good sound without using a sound system, good computer monitor when I've hooked up my laptop, and great watching sports on it. Even though this specific TV is unavailable, it has to help whoever reads this to know that at least in my case, I had no issues for 3 years and counting. I'm looking at replacing another old TV in the house and basing the decision primarily on price, quality, not a plasma but at least 240Hz, and features. If I don't go with a 3D capable tv, a strong contender is another Phillips TV, 55PFL5907. Given my experience with this TV, I'm sure that one will work too!
on January 7, 2011
I have had the TV for 2 days now and love the picture and functionality. Originally I was looking into Plasma TV's for the darker contrast but had concerns about glare from my windows. So when I researched this product I noticed that it had promises of contrast richness for improving the darkness of the black images and vibrant colors. I have not compared this product next to a plasma television, but if there is a richer contrast of blackness I would be shocked.
Philips did meet all the promises on this product; however the bezel of the TV is not green as shown in the product pictures, its black. The swivel base is a very nice additional feature I did not read about and works with ease. The component panel would be better if it was more centered but not a deal breaker by any means. The presets for the picture include movie, sports, internet movie, dynamic, personal, standard and a couple others.
The savings were great on this product and it was shipped without a scratch. I would recommend this set to anyone looking to save some cash without compromising the quality.
on March 21, 2011
I did a lot of research before deciding on this tv, and I don't regret it. It's a great TV. Very smooth and bright, almost like a Plasma. GREAT for gaming, absolutely no problems whatsoever.

My suggestion is to never ever use the "digital natural motion" as it makes everything look like a soap opera. It also creates a lag for video games. Turning this feature off solves all the problems.

It's also been reported that there are no video composite connections, and that there are only component and HDMI. This is incorrect. The component is shared with composite on the first connection. It automatically detects which is plugged in. One downside is no headphone port, but there's ways around it.

All in all, a GREAT TV for a great price. One word of caution, when ordering on Amazon, do everything you can so it's not shipped via Home Direct. They are a nightmare.
on December 17, 2010
I had, at one point or another, several HDTV's from high end brand names like Samsung, Hitachi and Sony. And I am very pleased to announce that the Philips 46PFL550D/F7 (one of their newer models boasting a 240Hz processor, 1ms refresh, and a host of other surprisingly efficient features for picture performance - see the spec. sheet)matches and often surpasses many of the high end manufacturers. The set up was easy to set up and their preset factory settings really require no fine tuning. But if you find that you must or need to adjust color, contrast, etc, the use of the remote to the TV's menu is easy to access and understand. The unit boasts 4 HDMI outlets,USB port and a host of other connections for additional devices. The sound is great and the the ability to upgrade the firm ware in the unit is straight forward.I really can't say enough of how pleased I am with this investment. So, my suggestion to you is to go check it out. The only thing I cannot comment on is durability it is still a new unit but I believe Philips is making a good turn around on their HDTV's
on December 20, 2010
This television arrived within two days of ordering(Amazon Prime). The packaging was minimal for the size of the television, which is good thing. The tv is pretty light to carry, but because of its size, is a little difficult to manuever. Had slight difficulty screwing the tv stand in because of the size of the tv. But once hooked up, the picture is excellent. The settings assistant will make tv adjustment very easy. Actually, thats a very good setup feature. If you are upgrading from an older tv, remember to change the settings on your cable box, and the tv for 1080p.
Can't give the tv a 5 star because of the newness of the tv, but the picture is clear. Sports(sunday football) looks great, this may be because of the 240hz. The sound quality is pretty good. For the price I paid, it was an excellent buy.
on September 19, 2011
I bought this tv along with the 40" version, so you could say this is two reviews in one. The picture is awesome, plain and simple. When watching cable tv though, every channel, no exceptions, looks like it's using "soap opera cameras" even cartoons! That'll take some getting used to and definetly isn't hurting quality. It doesn't do that for DVDs however. The sound, well let's put ti this way sometimes I thought I had the surround sound on at times! The build is very sturdy and heavy. It doesn't feel or look cheap at all. It comes with swivel base which is pretty cool. The only bad thing I can think of is that the edges are high gloss or fingerprint magnets. This isn't an issue for me because the only reason I touch the tv is to clean it. Awesome buy and well worth it.
on May 26, 2011
OMG! So glad I went with Amazon and Restockit! Customer service contributed greatly to satisfaction with purchase. The HDTV on this set is so good that I can see pores in people's skin. The color and contrast are super sharp. Surroundsound is great. The setup instructions were very clear, but I'm technically a little slow, so I had to contact customer service to get a picture. The gentleman was very polite and patient and walked me through to completion within five minutes. I'm new to the Philips brand and I will now consider it first for future purchases.
on January 17, 2011
I bought this tv from the amazon warehouse with a huge discount since it was a refurb. I was leery of buying a tv online and that it was refurbished, but when I saw it qualified for a two year protection plan for $40 i figured I'd give it a shot.
This tv has a great picture and very user friendly, and I haven't had any problems to date. I would recommend this product if you get the protection plan along with it.
on June 8, 2011
I tried justifying spending almost $1,200 for a Sharp Aquos, but after watching one of these in one of the "box stores", side by side with the Sharp, I just could not. This TV is absolutely beautiful. It almost set itself up, it was so easy. This is my second Philips large screen LCD TV, and I'm absolutely thrilled!
on February 10, 2011
Dragged it in the house, set it up in no time at all, haven't moved out of this chair in 3 days ... jk ... *grin*

and yeah i can recommend this product ... black is black indeed

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.