Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fujifilm FinePix S1600 12.2 MP Digital Camera
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on July 8, 2011
Background:
I am no professional camera person, but I love to take pictures, especially scenery and interesting shots. I bought this camera in replacement of a Canon A520 that I have had for several years. I liked the Canon, except for the lense cover that wouldn't open from the start (I'd have to flick it open with my fingernail). One time it fell and the focus got stuck. I was able to open it up and fix it, but after that it seemed to have a piece of dust inside and some pictures would have a slight dark spot. Enough said, I needed to get a new camera. I was looking for something with the larger type of lense that would give more flexibility for zooming and for close-up as well, but at the same time automatic focus, not manual.

Fuji Finepix S1600 as a still shot camera:
I started looking on e-bay and found this camera for a very good price along with some extra accessories and it seemed to meet the specs that I wanted. I bought the camera and started playing around with it trying out all the different functions. I really like the zoom, it's better than other cameras that I've had. The macro is the best I've ever seen. You can hold it extremely close to an object and it is like a magnifying glass, something that I could not do with my Canon, if I got anywhere near close, it would turn out blurry. I'm very satisfied with the pictures that it takes, for the price.

Fuji Finepix S1600 as a HD video camera:
I didn't really buy this camera for the video, but thought I would have the option to use it for short video clips. I had seen the HD quality of a one of the pocket sized Canon's and was not impressed. Even though the resolution was HD, the quality was probably slightly worse than DVD but better than VHS. When testing this Fuji out I took a few video clips. Quickly I noticed that zooming would cause it to loose focus. I had read complaints about the zooming, but thought that they were just picky reviews. After reviewing the clips, I also found out that there is a constant background noise, as if it was an old VHS type recorder, also when zooming there is a horrible sound as well. To top things off, the video seems to have short freezes and also shows horizontal imprefection type lines sometimes when there is movement. Even though the resolution is HD, the quality is probably similar to VHS or worse. I won't be taking videos any more with this camera. I'll be sticking to my Canon ZR930 when it comes to videos.

Fuji Finepix S1600 overall:
A few things I don't care for that much are the flash and the lense cover. Even if you have the camera set on automatic flash, it won't flash unless you release the flash, which I sometimes forget to do. I don't mind a manual lense cover, but I would prefer it to snap on and no just slide. I've found that it sometimes comes off on it's own, and I don't want the lense to get dusty or smudges. This is a great camera but very poor video. If you're buying it for the camera, you can't loose for the price. If you are thinking that it will double over for a video camera, I would reconsider.
on February 15, 2011
I love this camera. Take the time to read the owners manual and practice using different settings. This camera takes great pictures, and has features of much more expensive cameras. Why spend more?
My only complaint is the Fuji Finepix software. I didn't like it years ago when I bought my first Fuji camera, and I still don't like it. I wonder if I can just delete the program and use Windows to deal with my photos???
on January 23, 2012
I had purchased this camera at a Wal-mart and had to send it in for repair once during the 1 yr warranty after the camera was eating batteries, and freezing. When I got it back, it worked for a little while (we used the camera very little) but shortly after the 1 yr warranty was up, the same problem started happening again. I thought that Fuji was a good brand, but we were not lucky with this camera at all. When it worked, the pics were good. I wish that we could have used it longer.
on January 11, 2011
directions hard to understand and in three different languages.And as with all small electrical devises, everything you need to use is so small to read on the camera,that you need a magnifying glass to see what your doing...

Now on a lighter note, when you do figure it out, after making all the usual mistakes,it is a great shooting camera,the video's are clear and the audio(for a camera) is surprisingly clear and not distorted...and i cant say enough about how the pictures look.And with all the features,such as,auto zoom and red eye eliminator,and low light feature and auto flash...etc..all these things make it a very nice camera to use and own