Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on June 10, 2012
Alright I truly have to say that i have been disapointed with this phone. It locks all the time, it shuts off for no reason and it has been replace twice. The worst part about it Im stuck with it Att wont change it for another one. My first experiance with a smart phone.
on July 19, 2010
I have been waiting for months for a quality Android phone to come to AT&T and the Samsung Captivate is definitely it! This phone boasts a beautiful Super AMOLED 4.0" screen that is just gorgeous and so much nicer when compared to other smart phones and IPod touches in my house.

The thing I like the best about this phone when compared ti the IPhone is how customizable everything is and how free you are to change the phone to your own appetite.

The web browsing is quick, the GPS is awesome, and there are tons of sweet widgets you can add to the 7 home screens.

I would DEFINITELY recommend you purchase this phone because in due time Americans with AT&T will soon find out it is better than the IPhone 4.0!
on January 3, 2011
5 stars from me. Is it perfect? No. Does it do everything I need it to do, and well? Yes.

I've had the iPhone since the original and between playing Apple's upgrade every year game and their strict control over MY phone, I've been ready to dump the iPhone for a long time. Finally AT&T (whom I've never had an issue with) introduced a good Android phone, so I decided to give it a go. I'm pleased to say the least. It does everything the iPhone does and more.

The OS is great. Everything is laid out well and customization reaches far beyond anything you could do with the iPhone. The Captivate is more complex to operate than the iPhone, given the endless options and control you have, but it's not difficult. It just makes the iPhone seem so...dumbed down. If your a technological retard or tween who only wants to text 500 times a day, the iPhone is probably perfect for you.

The only thing missing from the Captivate is Android 2.2, which Samsung has yet to release to us. Based on what I've read about it, it should fix the few short comings of the current OS version.

I have to say though, without the iPhone damnyouautocorrect.com just wouldn't be the same.
on September 10, 2010
Ok, the phone all in all is pretty amazing. Fast, beautiful screen, nice app selection, touch screen typing (my first) seemed fine.
But my first two inbound calls faded in and out. I live about 40 Miles NW of Boston, near the service fringe, but not in it. According to AT&T Service Map, I live in a "Good" but not "Great" area.
My last two phones Nokia E62 and Blackberry Bold rarely had a problem.. When I was experiencing the fade outs, I was conscious of moving my hand position around, to see if that was a factor...it wasn't.
The Signal Strength on the Captivate read 2 bars. On the Nokia E62, 4 bars, my BB Bold died a year ago from Salt Water.
First and foremost, I need a solid Phone, one that I don't need to stand out on the deck in the middle of winter to avoid reception fade outs.
So after two days of playing with my new cool Captivate, I sent it back on its way to Amazon. I am going to try the BB Torch. I am hoping that like my Honda Ridgeline, what it lacks in flash, it will make up for in solid reliable performance.
Amazon Wireless was a breeze to work with on this. I put the Captivate in the mail today and the Torch is on its way.
on January 9, 2011
At first glance, this phone is a great alternative to iPhone4. However, this phone shuts off by itself automatically. Both Samsung and AT&T won't openly acknowledge this deficiency and will try to blame on a bad batch of batteries. If you want to miss calls all the time simply because your phone shuts off without you knowing it, go ahead and purchase this phone. On the other hand, if you research this phone online, you'll find the shutting off problem is common with this phone. Also, the performance looks great with this phone's specification. Add a few more apps on this phone and you'll notice the sluggish performance. One last thing. This phone is capable of taking high quality videos. That's cool, except that half of the time you'll get an error message and your video with the most precious moment did not saved. The bottomline is to choose your smartphone wisely.
on August 30, 2014
Mine turned out to be a lemon; it quit working on the 30th day of use - on the day my free replacement warranty expired. Samsung refused to repair or replace it because they said it had moisture damage. I don't know how that could have happened.
on January 26, 2011
Well, first off i'd like to say that this phone is alright. All of those reviews out there about major bugs and all that jazz are wrong....unless you get it from some random 3rd party seller. It has an amzing amoled screen meaning that the screen is aligned with the buttons (integrated for short) the swype texting a fun and also the internet it fast.... im on this phone from a samsung eternity.. BUT i've used my friends iphone 4 and not impressed with it. The customizable freedom on the captivate is amazing and the calls are clear

My main cons are:
1. SOMETIMES the phone wont mount to the computer therefore making me take the sd out and putting it an adapter(problem fixed)
2. There aren't that many good, sleek (protective) cases out there, but don't get me wrong the ottor box defender case is ver very protective (and what i have)

SO, overall i still am giving it a 3/5. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a highly customizable OS.....hope this helped you!
*Update* 11/15/2012- I have recently been through a handful of phones prior to my purchase of the Captivate. Galaxy S2, S3, and finally an Iphone 5. Now that I look back on the phone, it may have seemed powerful at one point but now it is a shadow.
on April 4, 2011
Excellent phone. Had it for 2 weeks now. Compared to my old Windows HTC.

The Bad first:
- Battery and battery is bad. 6 hours if heavy internet/app use. 1 day for light use. Keep a charger with you.
- Slow to load up after being turned off, several minutes.
- No Camera Flash or LED for notifications. No Front camera.
- May slow down with many applications but not freezed yet.
- No physical phone buttons to hang up or call.
- Very slow GPS navigation.
- Voice quality could be better and louder.
- Limited customization.

Good:
- Fast enough for most people. Did not freeze yet.
- Upgraded to Android 2.2. Great OS.
- Screen, very good quality and responsive.
- Camera resolution is very good in daylight.
- Can Skype, Video/Voice chat, Pandora.
- Good Speaker.
- Apps every where for everything.
- Can disable 3G and go with WiFi if needed for data overage.

Recommended.
No more Windows phone for me or HTC. Last two of these; Freezes all the time, slow, stopped working after warranty expired, bad screen and NO APPLICATION that can be used. Makes a good phone useless..
on December 16, 2011
This is great phone but has its disadvantages. I've noticed the software has gliches from time to time. I usually have to reset it once a day, and it freezes when I'm trying to make a call.
on November 10, 2010
After breaking two iphones, I knew it was to delicate of a phone for me. So, I switched to the Samsung Captivate, as the battery is easily removable (to dry out in case of water spillage). Now I can't remember what I miss about the iphone. The apps are great, I love speech to text. My hotmail account was able to be set up as an emaiil app(had problems with the iphone and windows phone) Driod is user friendly and you can arrange applications on different home screens. I did learn that you cannot set specific text notifications tones to specific contacts. Tip* you can change the text notification tone from messaging screen under settings, instead of going through the settings application function.* I am sure most people could figure that out, but I had the chicken dance song stuck as my text alert and couldn't figure out how to remove it. I did install samsung kies, and when you work around it, you can store your contacts and import music. I am not a techy so I hope the I used the right terminology. The phone just needs a flash. Good Luck !