Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 1, 2011
I did a lot of research before buying this treadmill. The horsepower is about the most you can get. The warranty is good, and includes in-home repair (although you probably won't need it). The belt is both long and wide enough to be completely comfortable. I'm 220 (for now) and the treadmill feels very, very stable under me and the belt doesn't pull or anything. Got 45 minutes in yesterday and even jogged on it with no problem at all.

The treadmill came with a sheet of paper with check marks where the factory tested the machine's proformance before shipping it to me. The box was in pretty bad shape, and I worried about it not working, but the treadmill was in great condition and wasn't damaged AT ALL. It is packed in a way that allows for the box to be somewhat beat up in transit.

Also, there is a place for a water bottle on each side of the console, as well as room to hold a book or Kindle so you can read while working out. The console is much, much larger than I expected, and the treadmill is larger and sturdier than I anticipated for the money.

I put a piece of velcro on it to attach my mp3 speaker and another velcro piece to hold the ipod in place and now, it has an mp3 speaker and a tv on it. I can still see the heart monitor, speed, and calories burned. I love it!!!

Assembely took only about 30 minutes for me and my husband while our son was napping. It's mostly together out of the box, so it's really NOT hard to screw in the bolts and put the handles on.

The only more expensive feature I miss a little is the automatic incline, but I can deal with having to set it by hand, and I wouldn't spend $200 more just to get this feature right now.

If you want to get in shape, and don't have a ton of money to spend on a treadmill, you should buy this one. In fact, if you do have a lot of money to spend on a machine, I would still recommend this one. It's a good, solid, heavy treadmill. Get something else with the extra money you saved.
1818 comments| 343 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 3, 2013
I am so upset with this purchase. It shipped in a fine amount of time, but when we got it and started putting it together we found that the base of the treadmill is bent so you can't put it in the upright position and the console cables is missing which means means it does not turn on. I have 130lb paper weight! Tried to call the customer service line and they are closed on weekends. So now I have to wait to even put in a request to get it fixed. So frustrated! Do not buy this treadmill I should have listened to the negative feedback! Stay away from this product and this company! I have 2 small children that I am trying to get healthy for because I recently had a mini-stroke.I want to see them grow up so it has been a struggle to get the funds to do this! I knew I had to buy this so I could get healthy for them. Such a waste of the little money I have!

Update: I called Amazon and they got me a new Treadmill within 3 days however it was damaged as well. So I am happy with the customer service but who ever does product quality checking needs to be fired just sayin!
on March 24, 2013
I did a lot of research before purchasing this treadmill. I wanted to get the most bang for my buck, but wanted to get a quality treadmill as well. Although the box arrived a bit damaged, as noted by other reviewers, none of the parts were damaged in the least. I was able to assemble the treadmill from start to finish by myself (33 year old female, moderately handy and able to follow instructions) in about 1.5 hours. It would have been easier to have had another person help me, but entirely possible to do it yourself if you have to.

The treadmill's console is impressive for the low cost of the treadmill, and it's handy with places to store water bottle/cell phone and also set magazines or tablet to read from. Pretty quiet treadmill. I live in an upstairs dwelling of and old converterd house (old as in built in the late 1800s) and was concerned my downstairs neighbors would be hating me, but they have told me they couldn't hear a thing. Easily able to watch tv while jogging without having to blast the sound.

The only "negative" thing I would have to say is that I don't personally find it so easy to maneuver around to new locations; I tried out several spots around my apartment before settling in its final location, and it wasn't exactly easy to push/pull it around, even though it's supposed to be.

All in all, I'm SO GLAD I purchased this treadmill. Oh, one final word, I was really concerned about the size of the running area, since several articles I read mentioned that the minimum size running zone should be a certain size, and this treadmill fell short by several inches. I'm 5'4", about 160 lbs, and I have zero problems with the length of the belt or anything, it's plenty roomy enough without my feeling as though I'm constantly about to fall off the back end of the belt.
on April 18, 2013
Pros:
Compact, quiet motor, smooth belt for walking (doesn't skip), Ipad rests perfectly on the top. Pleased with our purchase after the first week.

Slight cons:
Speed increments by .5mph instead of .1mph like most gym treadmills.
Incline has to be done manually, not a button on the board.

Suggestions after using it the first week:
Putting together the treadmill was a little frustrating. The extension rods (silver) cannot be tightened all the way like the manual suggests or else there is not enough slack to attach the board. Make sure you do not tighten them all the way. When you put the computer board on, you will need some wiggle in the rods. We learned this on our second attempt putting it together. It will fit but it might take some trial and error... and most likely two people.

If the belt feels like it's loose/skipping when you're walking, be sure to read the manual about how to tighten the belt. I was unhappy with the slipping until I got the belt tight enough for quick walking.
on April 5, 2014
We bought this treadmill to replace our old one, which died after about 10 years of regular use. Hopefully, we'll get as much use out of this one. After using it for about 7 weeks now, I'm pretty pleased with it. I was leery about purchasing something so big online and having it shipped. When it first arrived I was worried my worst fears were about to be realized because the box was really beat up and torn and it looked like it had been damaged and taped up during transit. Luckily, the contents were fine and all the pieces were there.

Assembling the treadmill took a couple hours, but it wasn't terribly challenging. The instructions are very clear and do a good job of identifying the appropriate parts for each step. It does require a second set of hands to put the console in place.

Pros: Relatively quiet (at least compared to our previous model); controls are easy to use; easy-to-read display; four preset modes; length of time can be set before starting; goes up to 10 MPH.

Cons: Power cord is too short and extends from the front, limiting how you can position it; heart rate monitor seems pretty useless; speed only adjusts in 1/2 MPH increments (1/10 or even 1/5 would be my preference); excessive and loud beeping when unit is turned on; results are cleared much too quickly after finishing (they are displayed for only 10-15 seconds); the tread takes way too long to get moving when first starting off.

I consider the cons to be pretty minor and they do not take away from my recommending this model. Amazon only allows whole stars, but I would actually give this a 4.25 out of 5 (or 85 out of 100 if you prefer whole numbers). Not perfect, but good enough for the price.
on April 20, 2012
Got the 715T Plus in one day from Amazon, awesome free shipping. Arrived with common delivery wears on the box. Product was in original condition with no damages except for the console wire that was torn. I don't believe that occurred from shipping though. Called customer service and got a support agent in about a minute and got a case# and replacement part to be shipped all in about 5 minutes. Pretty good support as far as I am concerned. I am currently using it and testing it by taping the color-coded wires together with electrical tapes. It works fine for now (until replacement comes in).

Assembly was quite simple and intuitive with the manuals. There wasn't too much assembly anyways, just the mask and console plus a few small items. I have this item placed on Tile flooring with a piece of extra carpet in between for cushioning. I am about 140 pounds. Running on it for about 30 minutes seems to be quite sturdy and smooth. Feels quite solid as far as I am concern. This equipment is what it is described. I usually go to the gym and of course this does not feel like the ultra expensive equipments, but its awesome, sturdy, and smooth for the price and love it so far! Will update with some miles on this thing.
on February 27, 2013
Do yourself a favor, spend a little extra money and get a better quality treadmill. This product will break. I've had the Treadmill for less than 4 months (barely over the 3 month warranty) and it's pretty obvious it's ready for the trash. We were luckier than some because the treadmill did work well for the first 3 months but now it's evident something is broken. It makes a horrible noise when you try to run on it, it sounds like a spring is broken. Also, the track doesn't lie flat so it's starting to frey on the edges. In addition to that, it's just a low quality machine. The speed only goes in .5 increments, the beeping noise when you turn it on is so loud its painful, and the "adjustable incline" is so minimal you can't feel the difference. I really regret buying this treadmill.
on September 27, 2012
Just received this last week. The treadmill came well packed with no damage. You will need to put some parts together and will need someone who has patience and experience with putting things like this together. I recommend not tightening the screws until the very end. Should take about an hour. Treadmill is pretty sturdy and looks great. This has plenty of leg room both length and width. Controls are simple and easy to use. Decent length of power cord and there's a power button on the bottom right of the machine. Comes with some tread lubricant. Moving this is NOT easy. The wheels do not help at all as you have to step on the bar and tilt it backwards and shuffle it. On carpet I would imagine even harder. Goes up to speed 10! Very very fast. Only issue so far was the bottom foot cap was not correctly measured so I had to drill my own hole in order to fit it. Takes up a big foot print when folded, but still good for even an apartment.

I will update this review as needed.

UPDATE: 9/16/2013

Unit has been running well for moderate use. 3 to 5 times per week. I also made sure to retigthen all the screws and also to do a full lube job on the belt. Still a pain in the back to move this thing around.. ugh! =)
on August 28, 2012
Hello, I ordered this treadmill for my little girl since we do not live close to a park and we do not have grass or a play set outside. I needed some way for my little girl who is 7 to get her exercise over the summer. I received this treadmill promptly and was able to put this together with ease all by myself, and yes, I am a woman. The only thing is that after putting together I noticed the frame was bent in the shipment but I called Merit and their customer service was awesome. They right away resolved where the damage took place and they narrowed down that it wasn't damaged on their end it was damaged in transit from the amazon warehouse to my location. So they lead me down the right path to contact amazon and this should be covered under amazon's policy which it was and promptly after speaking with amazon which they were great also a new treadmill was shipped without any damage to the unit. My little girl has used the unit quite often and the unit runs great. I have also used the unit and it seems to have a very strong motor and runs quiet and smooth. I would recommend this affordable unit to anyone that really just needs the bare minimum and no fancy screens and so on. It has programmed exercise routines built in and a heart monitor and emergency stop mechanism which were the main requirements more me.
on January 17, 2014
I did my research on treadmills under $400 and this one was rated high. I bought this for my husband for Christmas, and he has been on it every night since. He is 5 9', about 175 lbs and it is a perfect fit for his running stride. It does take some some time and patience to put together, but, so would any other one that we would of purchased. No particular problem there. This treadmill folds up nicely for added storage. Is light enough and easy to move. Well worth it for the price! We would highly recommend it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.