Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 20, 2014
Lincoln wax is just that!, A high quality stain wax that covers mild skiffs to soft abrasions on low or high luster leathers,and helps to seal that damaged texture or shine when brushed with a soft horse hair brush or soft cotton or fine soft wool cloth dampened sightly with cold water, and buffed briskly in a zig-zag motion. For better results, use 2 parts standard rubbing alcohol to 1 part cold water.Shake or mix a small quantity and apply on your polish cloth in a 3 to 4 inch area and buff as indicated above . A hardened but durable shine will result,and last! . Purex bleach and soap will remove stain pigment from your finger tips, - no problem, other wise use a soft cotton cloth and moisten it with the mix solution and rub directly into the polish can of stain wax and rub polish in circular motion, a thin coat , let dry and buff. repeat for deeper shine.
on May 8, 2017
The packaging the polish came in was fine and had no holes. The mid-tan polish is inherently very dry, which makes it difficult to apply. When I use Kiwi brand, the polish goes on much more smoothly with minimal residual chunks. However, Lincoln brand was so dry I had such a hard time spreading the polish without getting chunks breaking off and falling everywhere. Additionally, the dryness prevented the leather from absorbing the polish. I used two coats for a decent shine where Kiwi, I just use one.

Overall, its okay...but I wouldn't buy this over Kiwi unless its the only one available.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2012
I was always a Kiwi brand loyalist, for my entire adult life. I saw this and thought, "What the heck, why not?" It's good stuff, but don't count on it to replace your deglazer and leather dye. Any shoe polish is just part of the equation in coming up with a nice shine on your leather. First, I use a deglazer to take all the old polish off the leather -- this step is so important, and I never knew it until just a year or two ago -- then I use a leather dye to fill in any scuffs. Finally, after that dries, I use the polish to put a nice shine on top. But the color of the leather is going to come more from dyes than from polishes.

That being said, the shine of this stuff is superior to that of Kiwi -- I don't know why, but it seems to shine deeper and in a more lustrous way. Very nice looking. I would recommend, but do consider adding deglazer and dye to your process.
on July 14, 2016
Very pleased with this product! I've tried other brands of shoe polish to use on a leather couch that has some worn spots on the surface. The color of this polish looks a little orangy on my brown couch, but when I add several layers of this wax, and some black wax in between, I can get a good color match to my couch. The wax is waxy, not a fluffy cream, and the shine after you polish the item is fabulous! I haven't used this product on shoes yet, but I expect the same beautiful shine and protection from the elements. There's a slight spicy fragrance to it, too. A mysterious water spot appeared on my wooden stairs one day, so I tried a little dab of this wax just on the spot, and yup, it disappeared after a little rubbing. Another plus!
on July 9, 2016
I have used various shoe polishes, such as standard Kiwi wax, Parade Gloss Prestige (PGP, their UK one), Saphir cream and Pate de Luxe and this Lincoln trio. Made in USA. The lid is easy to open, and the shoe polish smells just like other shoe polishes. Lightly wipe my finger on Lincoln seems to reveal a harder consistency and less dye than the standard Kiwi. Lincoln could hide minor blemishes okay, but Lincoln does not spread as far. More effort is needed to shine my shoes than Kiwi or Saphir pastes, not to mention the deep shine brought by PGP. Will not recommend these.
P.S.: the manufacturer stated 3oz or 60 grams on the back of the tin, in case if anyone of you would like to know the size of these waxes.
review image
on February 26, 2011
I have a job that requires me to have clean, polished shoes with my uniform, and for many years I struggled with Kiwi (regular and Parade gloss) polishes only to produce a mediocre shine. I used numerous methods of polish application, polishing and buffing with poor results. A friend recently told me about Lincoln polish. He learned of it from his brother who is an Air Force veteran, so I tried it. WOW!! What an amazing difference! Lincoln is much easier to apply (I use cotton balls), dries much, much faster than Kiwi, and buffs to a much more glossy, durable shine. The buffing time is a fraction of Kiwi. I immediately noticed that Lincoln has a much higher wax content than Kiwi, and this wax buffs to a higher gloss. The shine is not as fragile as the Kiwi shine, and Lincoln does not leave my boots feeling greasy like with Kiwi. Lincoln smells much more like a carnuba wax, whereas Kiwi has a more petroleum product odor. If you are like me and wear a uniform or just like to look your best with highly shined shoes and leather goods this is the only polish wax that you need. I wish that I had found Lincoln years earlier. The easy open lid is also great because you don't have to worry about the little twist tab breaking off like with Kiwi cans. Lincoln is also made in the USA. I will not touch any other shoe polish again. I only use water and cotton balls and get a brilliant shine with less work. If you polish shoes regularly make it a little easier on yourself, get a much better shine, and use a U.S. made product. Lincoln is far superior to any other polish.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2016
Out of date by over a year. That alone is not a big deal. Tin was bent so bad they had packing tape on it to secure the lid. Without the tape, the lid doesn't stay on or seal.

Wax was dried out, cracked and hard. Totally useless, I tried since I didn't open the box until I had been working on the shoes for over an hour and this was suppose to be the last step.

Within 20 min of opening the box, threw it in the trash.
on June 1, 2014
I learned to spit shine 40 some years ago in Navy bootcamp. I still wear a uniform everyday and while I don't spit shine I do polish and use a good horsehair brush. I tried this to see if it is better than Kiwi. It definitely does shine better. It seems to me that the shine is harder and doesn't condition the leather as well as Kiwi. Finally it seems to show blemishes in the leather much worse. I will stick to the Kiwi for everyday and maybe use the Lincoln on special occasions.
on September 15, 2017
Lincoln is hands down my favorite shoe polish. I noticed that other reviewers were complaining that the "polish" was dry. It's not clear to me if they use water when applying polish (as you should). To use Lincoln polish for great results, put water in the cap the of the tin. Then dampen the cloth you'll be using to apply the polish, rub the cloth in the polish (the polish will soften up) and apply as usual.
on December 18, 2013
I used Lincoln Stain Wax back when I was in the military so I knew just what to purchase when my son needed a good polish for his police boots. Lincoln is still the quality product that I remember. My only concern was how it would ship. The wax was packaged in an airtight bag and arrived without any leakage or damage to the tin. The contents was fresh and not dried out. I wouldn't hesitate to use this vendor again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.