Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 64 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 87 reviews
on June 23, 2014
Seems 99% of wired headsets out there were for the boom box crowd. I will not go the Bluetooth route due to health concerns I have for those devices (the cell phone is bad enough). I went through 3 wired headsets which all seemed to be equally bad, and complaints from those I'd speak to on the phone were constant. This headset does the job of properly zeroing in on my voice and not the surrounding noises. Finally. So, with this headset, when I am talking and I set a plate down on the counter the person on the other end doesn’t complain that I must be at a Greek style wedding smashing plates on the floor, nor do they complain any longer that turning on the tap sounds like Niagara Falls. So, if you actually use your iphone... as a phone (heaven forbid), then these are for you. Only minor 'issues' to cite, if I am being totally fussy: 1) the ear pieces can get a bit warm once in a while due to the padding, but perhaps that can be changed at an accessory store (note: this is truly not enough of an issue to bother me, such that I need to remove them, just FYI); 2) the jack connector is a bit on the delicate side, such that I am just conscious of how I insert my phone in my pocket, so the angle isn't adversely straining it; 3) they block out surrounding noise so well it is a bit surreal (almost dizzying) and feels a bit odd - also walking down the street might be a little bit concerning if you can't hear what's around you. Overall good headset with good sound, that allows me to multi task when speaking to others without the old complaints of ambient noise. Note: if you are into hard core club music or loud base driven music, then you probably should consider another headset. Complaints of the 'sound' quality on these units are not from audiophiles – they not only sound great with a 24 bit quality recording featuring natural sound levels, they are more than loud enough for me personally - but if you're into LOUD and augmented base club sound - these are probably not for you.
on February 12, 2014
I bought these headphones for my wife to replace her HD 219 headphones. For reference, the sound on the 219 is very good for the size/price, but they lack the remote and mic and they are an 'open' design that doesn't block out much ambient noise.

We were expecting the 218i to have similar audio performance to the 219s, but sadly they really fell short. In particular, the bass response of the headphones was very weak unless the ear pieces were pressed against the ear with moderate pressure. This is due to the 'sealed' design of the 218/218i which also needs a seal between the ear pads and the ears - something that these headphones couldn't do well based on the size/shape and the weight. As a result, the only way to get good sounds was to use your hands to press the ear pads against your ears, something we both deemed unacceptable.

We ended up returning these headphones, disappointed because we love the sound of Sennheiser headphones in general (we own a total of 4 Sennheiser headphones that we love).
on October 6, 2014
When I broke my 238i headphones on a flight, I ordered this as a replacement by mistake (they look almost the same). But I decided to give them a shot anyway. They're closed headphones which is great for travel but bad for music and movies at home. I've had them for several months now so they're well broken in.

Pros
-Inline mic is handy for making calls

Cons
-Poor sound quality. Just less detail in the sound than I'm used to with PX100, PX200, or 238i. I'd say they're at the level of $30-40 sound quality.
-The padding isn't as comfortable as other headphones. The padding on the top is stiff even after many months and the ear padding is also a bit stiff so it's not comfortable after a few hours.
on December 19, 2016
I liked the sound quality and comfort of these headphones, but had two sets break within 3 months of normal use. The first pair, which I received as a gift, suddenly stopped transmitting any sounds. I then ordered myself a second pair only to have the plug break off in my phone's headphone jack. Luckily I was able to remove the pieces with some pliers and save my phone. Overall, very disappointed in these headphones.
on May 21, 2015
I'm certainly no expert on headphones, but, I think i got my money's worth with these Sennheiser HD 218i's. I use them to watch Netflix on my IPad in bed at night when my wife is watching her shows and it sounds wonderful. I really didn't expect too much when I ordered them after looking at headphones that were way more expensive, but, I was surprised at how well I liked the sound. If I was really into music like a lot of people are I might spend more to get more but, I'm not into music much, just an occasional movie on Netflix on an iPad at night, so I think they are well worth the price.
on February 3, 2016
Very excellent price for a name worthy headphones Sennheiser! Sound is great and lightweight for mobile use or home use. I bought 2 for my Brother and Me. He lives in a dorm setting at a private school and they headphones come in handy for evening television viewing. The Sound is incredible and price is affordable
on July 4, 2015
Great audio quality for music and phone calls in the headset, okay microphone quality. The mic is on the cord, so typical quality issues by not having a boom mic, but it's nice NOT having a boom mic. So for what they are, they're great, only gave 4 stars because I don't think the mic is as good as it COULD be. For listening to music and taking the occasional call they're great, to use as a headset regularly with your phone, I'd go with a boom mic setup. Very comfortable, I just can't wear the in-ear headphones, so these solve that problem.
on July 6, 2013
Let me be clear: I have an abnormally large head, and I have a hard time finding anything that goes on my head and doesn't squeeze my head to an uncomfortable degree. These headphones are great for those who have problems such as mine, as neither my head nor ears feel uncomfortably squeezed after hours of use in a day.

As for the audio quality? It's Sennheiser, so it is excellent. It's not going to be as good as professional headphones, but for the price I think it's hard to beat. For just listening to music while on the go (or in my case, at work) it performs beautifully.

Please note that I have not used the microphone, nor attached this to any i-device, so I cannot comment on those features.
on January 31, 2013
Sound quality is a very subjective and personal thing. With that said ,I think these are great sounding headphones. I do not think the bass is at all exaggerated as has been suggested. I do not like boomy bass and never use “loudness” features on receivers. To me the sound is very natural; and to the extent there is any bass emphasis, that may be a good thing when listening to a G4 stream. The remote works well. Double clicking the middle button advances tracks on Pandora, while only a single click works with Rhapsody. I want to emphasize what others have said about the natural noise cancellation. I commute by bus and rail and am amazed at how much engine noise is eliminated. The fit is a bit snug, but that may be a necessary evil.
on May 31, 2016
Nice sound quality, I don't like much the fact that this headsets are noisy everybody can hear what you are listening to when volume goes up more than 50% but I guess that was expected after reading some comments and due to its low price. I'm happy anyway, I got what I needed as I expected it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.