Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cobra Cotton Bucket Hat Great for Golf
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on February 11, 2013
Husband wanted a hat that would keep rain off of his ears and he decided on this hat. Suits his needs but reminds me of Bill Murray in the movie Caddyshack. It is well made but the sizing was a bit difficult to figure out. We measured his head and then ordered a size larger after reading several of the reviews. The fit is roomy, not tight by any means but I don't think he could have taken a smaller size.
"Cobra Cotton Bucket Hat Great for Golf" is a universally versatile hat, eminently preferable over the hideous and ever-present baseball hats I see today. Most commonly known by the names Fishing hat, Bucket hat, Golf hat and I have even heard these called Climber's hat.

In this medium-weight cotton this type of hat is a godsend. Not only suitable for those rancidly hot summer days but also--I find, anyway--greatly comforting in the winter. (However, I would not surrender my winter hats for anybody!)

The best the hats have to offer aside from protection is their rather handsome look. Don't be fooled just because old Henry Fonda wore one in On Golden Pond (he was wearing a slightly inferior model). Mine have always had snap-brims, which believe it or not look quite fine, a bit like a slouch hat modified into a fedora. In fact I think in certain other countries besides America, this hat is considered a type of slouch, as it is descended from a marriage between the slouch of Australia and the modern American sailor's hat.

In the very olden days, this type of hat was referred to as a sailor's hat--as were many other styles. One thing that stirs a bit of treason in me is the delightful practice of snapping the entire brim up: it becomes a porkpie hat then! This particular hat has all I love: no hatband, vent-holes and a useful, finely made snap-brim. One must be rather picky about such items.

I prefer mine to have a 2 1/4 inch brim and vent-holes on the sides. It's a classic old look I recall from my childhood on men sufficiently confident and competent enough to wear them while sporting or working in their yards. As to golfing, of that I know next to nothing. What I can say as a final heap of praise for this type of hat: nothing except a beret can match this for rolling up and stowing in the pocket.

If you wear hats at all, you cannot do without a few of these. I have worn them all my life, and I can think of nothing more comfortable, protective or useful in the way of headgear.

WARNING: Be conscious you have found a high quality cotton hat when shopping--the Cobra is just one such hat. Some of those monstrosities out there are badly made and somewhat misshapen; some are made of the most lousy stiff material. One way to spot one of those from a distance is to see whether it has some manner of bi-color or tri-color hatband. Keep away from them!
on May 29, 2012
Overall the hat is nice but it is small. I ordered a L/Xl which should have been plenty large enough but was snug. I am hoping that it will loosen up over time.
on March 31, 2015
I bought it because it looked like an exact replacement for a college hat I've worn for the past 15 years. It fits better, and I like it a little more, even though it lacks our logo. For the price, however, it cannot be beat. I think it cost half of what I paid in 2000. And that was before the dot com bust, 9-11, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the housing bubble, the financial meltdown, and then the last six years. If you want a hat to go running on the trails with your dog every day, and then be sad that it only lasted 15 years, then this is the hat for you.
on March 27, 2014
I was surprised at the great material (real denim) this hat is produced with. Workmanship seems good and is exactly what I was looking for. Wasn't sure about the size so I ordered the Large/X Large. Glad I did because it does shrink after washing and drying. Hint to restore size and maintain a good shape, pull over a cooking pot and let dry, works perfect. Hard to beat for the price.
on March 2, 2014
~

Great bucket hat. I like the texture and softness and it feels light and comfortable. It's great for fishing or for backpacking. The brim is narrow so it will not block a lot of sun, so if that's your goal, you need to go with a wider brim. If you are looking for style and comfort this is the right baby for you.

Way to go Amazing-zon!!!

~
on January 17, 2013
I bought this hat because I really liked the style. Unfortunately the large/extra large size was just too small (more like a medium). Other "large" hats I have ordered fit perfectly, needless to say I was disappointed.
on June 11, 2014
Hat is perfect for me. In fact, i plan to buy one of another color also. I wear the hat outside mainly for gardening and walking my dog. The color is true to that shown on the Internet; the size is good (snug enough so it won't blow off in regular wind).
on July 12, 2015
Hat fits just right now but I haven't washed it yet. It appears to be of sturdier construction than others I've ordered. Color is darker than it appears in the photos which will probably make it hotter. Time will tell. I wear this type of hat at work as well as during off-duty activities outdoors and they are great. You can roll them up and stick them in your pocket or ruck, toss them in the washer with the regular clothes, use them to swat annoying insects, they keep the sun and rain off my bare head. They are not your average fashion statement but make very practical headgear for outdoor activities for men or women. I wanted to order another one in a lighter color but it was not an option at the time. I am pretty sure I will be ordering more as this seems to be the best I've found in a couple of years.
on February 17, 2014
I am a transplant patient and my anti-rejection meds cause me to be susceptible to skin cancer. I am required me to stay out of the sun as much as possible. This hat does the trick. I also like the tough Denim texture and the color that matches my blue-jeans. However, it is still flexible enough so that I can fold it up and stuff it in a pocket. I'll probably buy another one.