Spring Deals Automotive Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 22, 2015
The name Crocs is associated with amphibious footwear. These are not that. They take a whole day to dry out in full sun. They shrink up and become uncomfortable when wet, which is always. They have drainage holes in the removable insoles, but where is the water supposed to go after? I guess it's my own fault, I didn't realize they were canvas instead of nylon when I ordered them. I bought them for a hiking/rafting/bouldering trip in the Amazon, and I was going barefoot by the end of it because it was better than wearing wet, cold, shrunken shoes. Boo Crocs. Stick to what you're good at.
on July 23, 2013
I wear a true 8.5, so I took a chance on the size 8. It is a little tight but I except some stretch to occur. My toe is just at the end but not pushing against it. My feet are narrow, so that helps. There is no way I could wear socks with these. I am going to keep them because I did not intent to wear them with socks and I think some stretching will make them just feasible to wear regularly. I do like the look and feel of these shoes. What a shame there are no half sizes! If you truly need a half size be careful about buying these.

Update: On second thought, they are just ever so slightly too small to be comfortable and they must go back. What a shame, as I like them very much. I can tell that 8.5 would have been heavenly comfortable right out of the box. I actually makes me angry enough to stay away from Crocs for good.
on August 22, 2014
Over the years I have owned around 6-7 pairs of Crocs. I love them. These however left me disappointed.

The canvas material is not that comfortable. It is not the same as the Santa Cruz. This canvas has a much tighter weave and just feels like a cheaper material which causes an odd wrinkle pattern on the top (I only wore these for one day) Stitching seems ok, but I'm not sure what the leather band in the heel of the shoe is for other than aesthetics.

This shoe runs extremely tight and narrow. I wear a size 10 and have never bought anything other than that from Crocs before so that is what I ordered in these (before reading reviews). I couldn't get my foot half way in the shoe. I thought at first that maybe I was sent the wrong size, nope; then I thought maybe they were women's shoes, nope. So I sent them back for a pair of 11's. When they arrived I put them on and while they were snug, I was able to get my foot in. I thought maybe they would stretch out by the end of the day so I committed to wearing them for a full day. At the end of the day the shoes were so uncomfortable that I just couldn't' stand it. The pressure on the top of the foot was enough to leave a red impression around my foot. So for me, these shoes run at least one (1) full size too small and I'd say even 1.5 sizes too small.

I was wearing thin socks as I always do, so I wanted to see how these were without socks on. Worse. Due to the narrowness of these shoes, I could feel the stitching [seams] on the inside and they were kind of sharp.

The sole of these Walu are great, just as expected from most Crocs. It's the uppers and the small size that ruined these for me.

Needless to say, I am returning these for a refund. I personally think it is a shame that Crocs got rid of the Santa Cruz clog. I love mine and have worn them to the point of my toes hanging out. The canvas material on them are also more comfortable. I see now that they have the Santa Cruz in blk/blk whereas before they were a grey sole that turned me off on them. Maybe I'll give those a try.

Overall, I always will recommend Crocs to people, but these will not be on the list of recommendations.
on February 8, 2014
I've had a pair of these shoes (black) for a year now, and I've worn them pretty much everyday. They have held up remarkably well. There's little to no discoloration. The sole still has most of the treads intact. Nothing has come apart. The only part of the shoe that is noticeably aged is the decorative stitching - on my pair, they have started to get a little tattered or even torn.

Compared to a pair of similarly priced Vans Slip-Ons, the ankle/heel of the Vans are more comfortable due to extra padding, but the insole of the Walu is much better. There's enough support, but also enough give to the insole that it makes walking very easy. Truth be told, I'll take a good insole over a good heel any day. The Walus also breathe very well, more so than the Vans. I couldn't wear the Vans for more than a day or two in a row before I had to air them out. The Walus I wear everyday, for hours at a time, and I've never had any odor problems and rarely any sweat problems (except on exceptionally hot California days).

Compared to Crocs Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz has more arch support than the Walu, which is really my only complaint about the Walu. The Walu simply looks better than the Santa Cruz, in terms of color and design. I also feel it is marginally constructed better, but that may just be due to the limitations of the Santa Cruz's rather weird design. The insole of the Santa Cruz and the aesthetics of the Walu would be the perfect shoe, in my opinion. Unfortunately, it's a trade-off. But overall, it's still a very good shoe, and a good value considering how long a pair can last.
on June 29, 2011
I've had a pair of these for nearly a year now, wearing them almost daily. At first I thought they were a bit expensive for a pair of canvas slipons. But they're much more durable than any another canvas slip-on I've worn (including the Santa Cruz model, also by Crocs). I like the styling very much, too. Nice touches like the tab at the back, which helps slip them back on quickly. They don't stretch out and get all distorted like the Santa Cruz ones either. I bought the black on black, and have had no problem with staining. I imagine if you bought khaki you'd see stains quickly - what else would you expect?

For me these are a definite winner. I'll be buying a backup pair soon.
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 28, 2013
They are not sturdy oxfords made of leather. They are a poly sole/heel with a canvas upper that has 2 elastic panels. But look at the price, and realize they are made in China so you can get an idea of what they are.

Comfortable? Yes! I wear 7 1/2 US men's size and I ordered 8 and they are a perfect fit. They look goofy, but do not draw attention so you can live with that part. But for around the house and casual walking (NOT hiking or boating!) in the neighborhood, they are nice to have and are washable! No polishing or scarring like leather. For inside your house and out into the yard unless it is actually raining (or in wet grass or mud), they would keep you dry. The soles will puncture about like a jogging shoe, so keep them for light duty wear.

The Walu model is cheap to buy, pretty well made, stylish in a geeky way and very comfortable immediately. If they last 1 or 2 years as 'house and yard' shoes, they are worth it!

One tip I'll pass on that I learned with other shoes that need a thicker sole support: You can cut indoor/outdoor carpet (rubber backed fabric) to the shape of an insole and it's about 5-7 dollars a yard and it's pretty wide. You can make a lot of sturdy insoles that are washable from 1 yard of it and a pair of sharp shears.
on April 11, 2016
Interior material is extremely rough. I had multiple blisters after an hour of wearing. Impossible to wear without socks and not much better with socks. I do not recommend even though well cushioned. Bought the Santa Cruz version, much more comfortable.
on March 25, 2014
As others have commented, they run a bit small, so if you're between sizes, or are a half-size, size up. The suede band on the back of one of the shoes came off after a few wearings. I tried to reinsert it without any luck, so I pulled the band off of the other shoe, so that they would match. Not a huge deal since the shoe has the same eyelets on the sides.

Perhaps the biggest issue for me is that this model uses a different and thinner sole than the original Crocs. While by no means uncomfortable, they're not as comfortable as regular Crocs and some of their other styles.
on September 15, 2014
I work a desk job, business casual dress code, and was looking for a canvas shoe as my feet get too hot in leather shoes that don't breathe. I got the black pair at size 13. I normally wear a 13-14, and while the 13s were a little tight at first, they broke in nicely and are perfect! I decided to grab a pair of the khaki color ones as well today, to go with my lighter pants or jeans. They look nice, fit really well, and if you have ever worn Crocs before, you already know the best part: The sole is heavenly!! Like walking on pillows.
on July 16, 2013
I needed a pair of summer shoes for work that was more formal than flip flops, but don't like wearing Sperry's and feeling like I should belong to the local yacht club. I found these online and decided to give them a try.

Very Light

Will make your feet sweat like a pig in heat.

My feet don't have an issue breathing when wearing flip flops and perhaps I just don't notice how much they sweat when I wear socks & shoes. But dang, I can sure tell when they're sweaty wearing these shoes when it's hot outside. I don't experience SFS (sweaty feet syndrome) when in the A/C. Just wanted to give a heads-up to others.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.