YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services JustAddMagic JustAddMagic JustAddMagic  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 4,278 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,609 reviews
on September 27, 2013
If you are purchasing this controller to use with a PC you must buy the wireless receiver separately. This is a controller only!
44 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2015
Really disappointed. This controller is like the fourth one I've bought from Amazon, and it was the first that worked...for a month at least. Connected easily, but now it's acting like it's permanently jammed in one direction. Even when we've re-calibrated, it'll work for a few button moves but then just starts going off in a direction (thereby making it impossible to even a select a screen/game, let alone play it). Guess I just need to buy in store from now on.
on July 21, 2016
Purchased from Direct Distrubuter. One controller didn't even power on. The other controls were kinda sticky and there was corrosion on the battery pack by the terminals. Definitely not "good" condition.
on January 7, 2013
I mod controllers for clients and my normal supplier ran out so I ordered this one from Amazon.com to hold me over instead of spending a few extra dollars at Walmart to buy one. BIG MISTAKE. When I opened this controller up I almost vomited when I saw it was re-manufactured using the old, old, OLD CG board pieces. It's not like any Microsoft refurbished I've ever seen either which makes me think this is a Chinese knock off using the Microsoft chips which you can buy for around $25 per controller.
Refund!
review image
on March 28, 2015
To begin with, the actual Xbox controller box was already ripped open and taped up again when I received and opened my amazon box (Pics attached) and the controller has smudges on it. After using it for 2 hours the directional buttons do whatever they want and the D-Pad also skips every 2 or 3 presses. BUYER BEWARE! This controller doesn't work!
review image review image
on August 12, 2016
Although the controller came in tact, one hour later "squeak , squeak, squeak" All that i hear from my right analog stick. As i payed my $40 (including shipping) i would expect a perfect in tact controller. Overall as i sit here and try to fix this i hear non stop, pretty loud squeaking anytime i move to the left or right. Thanks Microsoft!
on April 14, 2016
This controller frequently disconnects from the receiver, leaving the center lights surrounding the center button to flash incessantly.
Sometimes, the controller decides to shut off during regular gameplay.
The analog sticks squeak

What a terrible quality these have dropped to, and all for a price of too-damn-much for technology that is almost a decade old already.

**5/02/2016 EDIT**
The controller now flat-out refuses to stay connected to the receiver and frequently shuts itself off more than 10 times during <5 minutes of gameplay. Such trash, avoid this at all costs, I'm going back to a wired controller.
on June 19, 2014
its the real deal controller, it had a broken right analog stick but i was able to repair it, the seller was awesome, refunded my purchase and let me keep it. this is a genuine microsoft wireless controller and it was half the price of buying it at a big box store
on November 29, 2013
Really awesome controller! Looks nice and works fine. I bought some accessories for it as well and it looks really sexy! I bought a red silicon case for it and bought some FPS FREEKS. I highly recommend buying those from Amazon if you want to pimp out your controller and have better gaming experience!
on September 27, 2013
I like this controller. I never had Xbox, but I wanted a wireless controller for PC games on my Win 7-64. No problem with a Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I did need to hurdle the slight problem of not all games recognizing the controller, but a cheap little program called Xpadder took care of translating the keystrokes to the controller with little difficulty.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.