Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on December 11, 2010
Ive had this Laptop for about a month now. So far it has been great! The i5 processor is amazingly fast and Widows 7 is everything that I expected and more. The mesh back doesn't look that great to me but it dose keep it looking clean and helps with the scratches. The keyboard is great, by far one of the best. It kinda reminds me of a Mac book keyboard. The design and features left something to be desired and the sound kinda sucks. With that said this laptop is a great deal and it can out perform most other laptops that cost $200 to $300 more. Just don't expect it to look as cool or come with as many features.

Over all assessment

Performance: 10 out of 10
Battery Life: 7 out of 10
Features: 5 out of 10
Price: 10 out of 10

up date: This Laptop over heats Rather easily. I think its because of the fan they put inside of it. While its very quite It is not that powerful. Im keeping it a 4 star because I feel this is just a minor issue that's easily fixed with a cheep laptop cooling mat. Luckily I already Had one form my old laptop. now she stays nice and cool.
on December 7, 2010
We have had this laptop for about a month now and are very happy with it. It replaced my wife's 3 year-old Dell Inspiron that had slowed down dramatically. At first, I was surprised at how thin it is, without even being advertised as thin. I guess that's just one of the advancements in laptops in the last 3 years. So far we've had no issues whatsoever. The processing speed is great, with fast start-up and shut-down. The HD display is bright and a pleasure to look at. We haven't really done much with it so far besides email and internet, but it does have HD video output which is pretty much a must-have in my opinion. This laptop does not have a graphics card, so if you're wanting to play games you should probably look elsewhere. Otherwise, I think it is a great value for students, work, or just common household use. In the future, I may upgrade the hard drive to a 7200rpm, and I also may take advantage of the full 8gb memory capacity. For now, however, it is a very solid computer right out of the box. I will come back and update this review in the future if the computer has any issues or begins to slow down as dramatically as our previous laptop did.
on February 12, 2011
Yes, I recently purchased an acer laptop after another one of my Dells died. I figured it was time to leave the Dell line and try something different, and less expensive. So far I have been very pleased. The reason for a 4 star instead of a 5 is due to the lack of literature that arrives with the machine - extremely limited. There are also hot keys I seem to hit with no knowledge of which ones they are, and suddenly my screen has rotated 90 degrees. Not a bad look if you're a librarian, but ever try to work the mouse pad when its orientation is the same as the rotated screen? It's enough to drive you insane. I know it's my faulty fingers causing the problem, but that makes it no less frustrating. No other laptop has ever rotated accidentally on me. All in all I would recommend this laptop for the average consumer. The keys are quiet and accurate, the screen crisp and clear, and the specifications better than offered by Dell at a much greater cost. And the reason I tried acer over another - my daughter has one and has been happy with hers. How can you not appreciate something learned from your own child?
on December 14, 2010
The only reason this notebook doesn't receive the complete 5 stars is because Amazon still advertises the machine as having "Stereo Speakers".
Otherwise it's a very decent machine for the price.
Note, I got mine for $599.99 $ Free Shipping.

Pros: Decent price, Intel i5, 4gb ram, 500gb HD.
3 hours of battery life with default screen setting.
Wireless-N works great at 50' from router.
The HDMI output leaves a little to be desired due to the
lack of dedicated ram - Video uses memory from the 4gb.

Cons: Keyboard Keys are below par and the Up / Down / Left / Right
arrows often hang during the process of scrolling.

So far so good after 3 weeks of use.
This is not one of Acer's Premiere notebooks and should
not be compared to them either.
This machine is a mid to entry level notebook but still
performs better than most other mid to entry level notebooks.
To be honest, I want another one for my son in college.
on December 26, 2010
For anyone out there who wants a high performance laptop they will love to use (and who doesn't), you need look no further! THIS IS IT...! The hardware and features this laptop offers are absolutely the best in it's price range. This laptop will outperform others that are priced $100's of dollars more. This Acer laptop truly has the BEST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. With the Intel i5 dual core 460M hyperthreading processor, it will multi-task with ease. Add to that Intel's Turbo-boost technology and you have even better performance in high cpu demanding programs. 4Gb DDR3 is more than sufficient to keep this system powering through almost any tasks you can throw at it. You will be amazed at it's speed and performance. There is only one thing I can say this laptop is lacking in. It has only a mono speaker built in. However, when you want great stereo for music or movies, simply plug in your stereo headphones and you're set. I have another Acer Aspire laptop I've owned for 2+ years and it has always performed without a glitch. I repair PC's, and I my experience with Acer's product has always been that they are high quality, very stable, and very reliable. Believe me, at this price you will not be disappointed. In fact you will love this laptop. I have 4 customers and friends that have purchased this laptop over the last 3 weeks. At the huge savings Amazon is offering, they are ALL like me.... VERY, VERY HAPPY !!!
on February 11, 2011
I bought this laptop for my boyfriend for Christmas and he loves it! Its sleek, lightweight and with him being a technological freak it suits all his needs. Built in WiFi and bluetooth allows him to do his work on the go without hassel. I seriously recommend this product. Its affordable and worth every penny.
on January 1, 2011
After struggling in recent months with an 'elderly' Dell laptop, I decided to find an adequate, but inexpensive, replacemant. When I saw the writeup about this Acer product, I knew it would be what I needed to do the job. However, I never expected so much for such a price!

It not only replaces my old computer, it outshines it many times over. I am most appreciative of these improvements: Windows 7 (so much faster and user-friendly than even XP), wide screen display (bright, clear, HD-wide), and battery power (it goes on and on and on). The only drawback was needing to 'upgrade' built-in software in order to fully use it.

Would I recommend it? Oh, yes!
on December 26, 2010
This is one of the best values in notebook computing if you want performance, speed, and multitasking. I purchased this system on sale for $599 (with shipping). It's a great value for the i5 470m processor; it also has a 500 GB hard drive, 4GB of ram, and 128 MB of dedicated vram. Video processing on this system is very fast. The screen clarity and resolution are great. The notebook is very light compared with some of the older systems I've worked with. Overall I'm very happy with this notebook. CONS: Mono speaker- the mono speaker performs below average.
on December 31, 2010
This is a great buy for the money. I got it for my son who is very particular about his laptop. He has had an Alienware Desk top and is difficult to please. He wanted a specific computer for college. I bought him the Acer. He is thrilled. He has had it for two months and no problems. Light and fast with an i-5 processor. Great buy. He does some gaming on it but has a newer Hypersonic to game with. No other i-5 processor for the money and the screen is just beautiful.
on November 6, 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed this laptop over the past several years. I am years late in writing this review. I would definitely buy another Acer.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.