Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 3,076 reviews
on February 15, 2015
The roller itself seems to do a great job stretching and rolling. But for whatever reason the aggressive pattern on it bruises my back. I am 6'3" and about 220 pounds (in shape) and I cant imagine why I get so bruised using this as I do not have any health problems or bruise easily. But I have learned to be more careful with it and it still does a decent job.

I wont purchase again and save the money and just get a plain roller in the future. They do as good of a job and do not leave me bruised.
on August 30, 2015
I wish this was 18" long instead of 13" so that I could roll both quads at the same time. I debated between the x firm and regular and wish I had gone with the x firm. I've been using a regular density roller for a while now and while this seems like it won't show wear/compression over time like my old one, I also do not feel like it is quite firm enough, even compared to my old worn one. I think I will return this for either the x firm or a firmer, longer one. I agree with other reviewers that the textured foam does not provide any additional benefit vs. a standard smooth roller.
on August 22, 2016
Pro
+ Gets the hard to get spots

Con
- Kind of an awkward size for petite women
- the outside degades and gets kind of crack-y

Verdict: You can probably go with a cheaper off brand and get the same benefit
on March 22, 2016
I have a foam one that works better for my needs because it is soft foam and cracks me just how I need. Also, when using it on hard floor, the square brand thing makes a squeaky sound when it rolls over the floor. It's not a nice sound and feels cheap.

But my friend had this one and travels with it in his carry-on and puts clothes inside of it - which is something I can't do with a piece of foam. So I bought it for that purpose.
on February 2, 2015
This is a well made foam roller, but not the best choice for a beginner. If you're just starting out, look to more inexpensive and more forgiving (softer) options while you (1) see if foam rolling is for you and (2) learn technique. The harder foam on this model will really work the areas you roll, but will make it more difficult to learn. You're better off using a more traditional blue roller to start, so you can spend more time rolling initially, and then move up to one of these.
on November 3, 2015
I wanted to try the GRID Foam Roller but if had to choose I'd pick The Stick over this one. Maybe I don't know how to use it to it's best potential but I can roll out after a race or serious training much better with my stick. This is great for targeting some areas but I feel I need to put a lot of effort into it. It's surely a workout in itself at most times. Great on the back though!
on December 8, 2016
Have had this for 2 years now, and I don't use it anymore because I was unable to achieve any noticeable improvement in muscle issues despite much trying. It is sturdy, and it may offer relief to certain tight muscle problems, it just wasn't very helpful to me. I've gotten better results through stretching and direct massage.
on October 10, 2016
I find this too hard to use comfortably. My friend loves hers, but she lives out of state so I can't try it. I didn't use it for exercise. Tried it for back pain. I thought it was quite expensive. I wouldn't buy this again. It's Ben in the closest since my first try of it. Buyers remorse
on June 30, 2016
It's too hard for me. It might be a perfect tool for those strong people who suffers from sports injury. However, if your neuromuscular system is weak, this is not something for you. It hurts everywhere when you roll on it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2014
I could have given this more stars but for the poor quality of instructions on how it should it be used. Most of the literature that came with this product is just promotional about their other products. The brochure refers you to the website where I thought I would find more detail. It was very disappointing. The website videos are amateurish and more like advertisement. They don't explain placement and how to locate the muscles etc, so I was afraid I might injure myself. It feels like they are holding information back so that you would be forced to buy the course DVD from them. Finally, after an hour of research, I got much much higher quality instruction from youtube.
The product itself seems firm and built to last.